• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Going to the theatre....Gay or Not????

Sorry can't , am going to Cricko's Noel coward appreciation society dinner.

I am really, really, really straight. Nothing about me is in the slightest bit gay or effeminate. I want to make it clear right now that I love shagging birds, drinking, football and everything else manly including the music of Oasis. I hate salads and books and have a short haircut. Hence I am 100% (no, make that 110%) hetero. I am so not gay that I'm going to change my avatar to some fit birds with their tits out. I am not defensive about my sexuality or anything, I just want to stress in black and white terms that nothing about me is fairy-like at all. It's not that ambiguity scares me and I dont want anyone to get too psychoanalytical about it, it's just that I'm definately not a poofter. Not even the tinyest bit about me is at all curious about what it would be like to experience love with another man.

For all these reasons I would never, ever attend the theatre or watch a Larry Grayson retrospective on telly.

Last edited:
I am really, really, really straight. Nothing about me is in the slightest bit gay or effeminate. I want to make it clear right now that I love shagging birds, drinking, football and everything else manly including the music of Oasis. I hate salads and books. Hence I am 100% (no, make that 110%) hetero. I am so not gay that I'm going to change my avatar to some fit birds with their tits out. I am not defensive about my sexuality or anything, I just want to stress in black and white terms that nothing about me is fairy-like at all.

For all these reasons I would never attend the theatre or watch a Larry Grayson retrospective on telly.

:D :D :D :D

Spamalot was hilarious!

I saw Spamalot in NY and thought it was brilliant. I do enjoy the theatre, but pick the things I see with care. Lion King was great, for example. Some years ago I was dragged along to see Starlight Express and I must say that it was the worst, longest and dullest three hours of my life. Some people in the crowd there were saying how many times they had seen it, some wore Starlight Express fan club t-shirts! Weirdos!

I saw Spamalot in NY and thought it was brilliant. I do enjoy the theatre, but pick the things I see with care. Lion King was great, for example. Some years ago I was dragged along to see Starlight Express and I must say that it was the worst, longest and dullest three hours of my life. Some people in the crowd there were saying how many times they had seen it, some wore Starlight Express fan club t-shirts! Weirdos!

I saw Starlight Express with my mum and the kids last year at the Cliffs. It appealed to all of us, and my daughter was so struck with the music that she's now learning some of the pieces for her grade 3 piano. I think with any theatrical production, it depends on how much it draws you in and sometimes you're just not in the mood for it. I must confess to being a Joseph afficionado, I've probably seen it about 50 times, know it inside out and backwards but still find something to enjoy every time I see it.

Yes, I know I'm sad!

I would rather nail my bollocks to the wall than watch a musical, though that's less to do with my sexuality and more to do with a traumatic incident in 1983 when my mum taped over 'Star Wars' with 'Annie'. I haven't forgiven her yet.

I saw Starlight Express with my mum and the kids last year at the Cliffs. It appealed to all of us, and my daughter was so struck with the music that she's now learning some of the pieces for her grade 3 piano. I think with any theatrical production, it depends on how much it draws you in and sometimes you're just not in the mood for it. I must confess to being a Joseph afficionado, I've probably seen it about 50 times, know it inside out and backwards but still find something to enjoy every time I see it.

Yes, I know I'm sad!

Acquired taste perhaps... I will also admit to seeing Chicago which I thought was very good. My daughter wants to go and see Sound of Music. She's 6. I think Mrs Fatshrimp is looking into booking it up for her birthday, depending upon age restrictions. Mixed feelings about going to see that. I've not seen the film out of principal...

I think a lot of people go to the Theatre because they think they should enjoy it rather than actually doing so or perhaps because it makes them feel intellectually superior.

When I was at school I had many an over enthusiastic English literature teacher trying to convince us how wonderful the works of William Shakespear are and they failed miserably because I still think it is a load of pony.

I didn't need George Lucas sending some ***t round to big up the Star Wars trilogy because the material sells itself.

Last edited:
Back