• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good luck to Southend in the playoffs

Saints fans cheering on the Shrimpers is pretty much a given, whether or not any of us will be at the final (if you get there) is another thing as surely if that happens all the Johnny Come Latelys in your catchment area will jump on the bandwagon & have a day out at Wembley?

I can remember back in 91/92 or something when we fluked our way to the old Zenith Data Systems cup final (remember that!?!?). The home game beforehand at the Dell - 12,000 turned up. The final at Wembley? 35,000 'Saints fans' managed to find their way up the M3. The home game after saw the attendance drop straight back down to 12/13k again.

Wembleys a great excuse to put the Man Utd scarfs in the draw for a weekend and remember where you actually live, so if indeed you get there I think you'll sell your allocation. We'll all have to watch on telly.

Never thought I'd ever cheer on a team in blue, but there ya go!

Good points mate, a fact we found out when we got to two consecutive LDV finals, we suddenly found we had 20,000+ going to Cardiff from an average gate of around 6000. However if some of those that went to Cardiff, came back to Roots Hall as a consequence then great. Despite our relegation last season we maintained 5000+ season ticket holders and an average gate of over 8000, which for a club of limited resources is great.

Saints fans cheering on the Shrimpers is pretty much a given, whether or not any of us will be at the final (if you get there) is another thing as surely if that happens all the Johnny Come Latelys in your catchment area will jump on the bandwagon & have a day out at Wembley?

I can remember back in 91/92 or something when we fluked our way to the old Zenith Data Systems cup final (remember that!?!?). The home game beforehand at the Dell - 12,000 turned up. The final at Wembley? 35,000 'Saints fans' managed to find their way up the M3. The home game after saw the attendance drop straight back down to 12/13k again.

Wembleys a great excuse to put the Man Utd scarfs in the draw for a weekend and remember where you actually live, so if indeed you get there I think you'll sell your allocation. We'll all have to watch on telly.

Never thought I'd ever cheer on a team in blue, but there ya go!
Good points Toothache. I should hope we'd sell around 30,000, 3 times the amount our ground realistically holds.

Back