• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

just posted this in the Fossetts Farm section...
Any thoughts that the contractor appointment & late sping start talks, being just a season ticket booster?
Could RM do such a thing? :stunned:

Why would Ron saying the stadium would be started do anything for season tickets next year when we would still be at Roots Hall ?
hadnt thought of that lol :blush:
My thinking was along the lines of creating a feelgood factor around the club for the fans, to create a feel to buy/renew tickets. A bit like bringing back ex-club players.

Its a typical public display of "strength" from Ron to get things moving along.

Unless something can be sorted with Prospects (which to my knowledge has hit a brick wall) then I cannot see anything happening in Spring.

hadnt thought of that lol :blush:
My thinking was along the lines of creating a feelgood factor around the club for the fans, to create a feel to buy/renew tickets. A bit like bringing back ex-club players.

Any feel good factor that would bring would be negligible and would be totally destroyed when nothing happened.

Any feel good factor that would bring would be negligible and would be totally destroyed when nothing happened.

By that time season ticket money would be safely in the bank and used. It's not like it hasn't been done before, a la Share issue. Unlikely it's a ploy to gain season ticket sales I agree but short term gains are not without precedent. Or am I just being cynical?

By that time season ticket money would be safely in the bank and used. It's not like it hasn't been done before, a la Share issue. Unlikely it's a ploy to gain season ticket sales I agree but short term gains are not without precedent. Or am I just being cynical?

No one is going to rush out and buy a season ticket because Ron says the stadium might still be started. There is no purpose in doing so and we have all heard of start dates for years.

We havent even tried to sell season tickets early for the first time in years.

The share issue was totally different, it was just a way of getting money into the club, nothing more.

No one is going to rush out and buy a season ticket because Ron says the stadium might still be started. There is no purpose in doing so and we have all heard of start dates for years.

We havent even tried to sell season tickets early for the first time in years.

The share issue was totally different, it was just a way of getting money into the club, nothing more.

The last line is just as Razam was saying. A means of getting money into the club. I'm not saying it's true but can understand his thoughts. Different opinions.

Back