• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LennySUFC

Director⭐
Seen on twitter two news reporters who had a meeting with brown and Martin last night and have said to look out for the echo in coming weeks as exiting times are ahead.. Does this mean we have selected the contractors?

@colinchannon: Enjoyed meeting Phil Brown and Ron Martin last night. Exciting plans ... Blues fans won't want to miss @Essex_Echo in the coming weeks...

@mikeharper6: Good evening with Ron Martin, Phil Brown and @colinchannon. Keep reading @Echo_Newspapers to hear about what's coming up @SUFCRootsHall

might just be Rons stadium BS that he's sold half the country Into believing, but could actually be some very good news?

We'll have to wait and see. Isn't there something in today's Echo?

Do these two work for the Echo? I'm guessing so!

As they dont tell you what issue of the Echo to expect the news in, and the say "Keep reading @Echo_Newspapers to hear about what's coming up" - it seems like they are looking to increase paper sales more than anything, attempting to exploit Southend fans, as they know we are all hanging on the esge for News about the new development!

Typical Press!!

Yeah typical, anyone would think the Echo is a business and not a public service. :unsure:

RM briefing the MD and editor-in-chief at Newsquest on the basis that news is staggered would, seemingly, be a sign that good news is in the offing. Looks like he's gone over CP's head though?

I like the reaction that possible good news brings on here, tribal warfare!

RM briefing the MD and editor-in-chief at Newsquest on the basis that news is staggered would, seemingly, be a sign that good news is in the offing. Looks like he's gone over CP's head though?

Chris Phillips is more about the football side of things, I think the whole stadium side is more than just the sport.

That said Ron is making noises now, as I said after the last article the fact that he is confident enough to be doing so is a massive confidence booster.

If he is courting the echo it must surely because things are about to happen.

We have had plenty of false dawns in the past, this one certainly seems to be the most promising.

Chris Phillips is more about the football side of things, I think the whole stadium side is more than just the sport.

That said Ron is making noises now, as I said after the last article the fact that he is confident enough to be doing so is a massive confidence booster.

If he is courting the echo it must surely because things are about to happen.

We have had plenty of false dawns in the past, this one certainly seems to be the most promising.

Indeed. As false dawns go, this is shaping up to be a whopper!

The stadium has actually been built in a desert somewhere in Africa and is going to be airlifted in and plonked on the fossets farm site.

Colin Channon is the new editorial director and is far more sport-orientated than Martin McNeill. I would say it is good that the local paper is making more of an effort to build links with the club.

Yeah typical, anyone would think the Echo is a business and not a public service. :unsure:

Valid point. But its headlines and good journalism that sells papers, not propaganda or the promise of good news to come in a few weeks. I fully appreciate the paper is a business, and as such needs to make money by selling papers, my point was that it is a poor tactic in doing so

Keep an eye on the Echo .Sorry but thats a fat load of good for us supporters that live in the other parts of essex that dont get the Echo .So any chance when this news comes out it can be posted on hear for us all to read .:sad:

Valid point. But its headlines and good journalism that sells papers, not propaganda or the promise of good news to come in a few weeks. I fully appreciate the paper is a business, and as such needs to make money by selling papers, my point was that it is a poor tactic in doing so

Has their tweets made you go and buy a copy today ? I doubt it. Will it make you even buy it when the stories come out? Probably not for many.

There is nothing wrong in publicity, you don't even have to pay a penny if you so wish, you can read it online or on here.

I'm not sure why people look for the negative in every situation, its a good thing that we have a local paper that actually has decent reporting on our club, it wasnt that long ago it was more interesting in West Ham.

I know it can be frustrating to have snippets like this, but its a good thing that they are even talking.

Keep an eye on the Echo .Sorry but thats a fat load of good for us supporters that live in the other parts of essex that dont get the Echo .So any chance when this news comes out it can be posted on hear for us all to read .:sad:

Normally when something big is in the echo it does get posted on here and also they put most of their articles online. So fear not us exiles will get to hear about it.

Last edited:
The stadium has actually been built in a desert somewhere in Africa and is going to be airlifted in and plonked on the fossets farm site.
My daughter said she saw three large boxs at the pick up point at Ikea with football stand on them adressed Fossets Farm , who do I believe .

Colin Channon is the new editorial director and is far more sport-orientated than Martin McNeill. I would say it is good that the local paper is making more of an effort to build links with the club.

I would agree also. But trying to sell papers on a promise of information to come is a rubbish tactic in my oppinion.

I am actually outraged, press first, fans later. Not like we fund the players by watching endless garbage past 4 seasons, least they could do is tell the bloody fans first.

Back