• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What has running a business got to do with anything. I run one and it has no relevance to newspapers so er....

This is the same Echo that gives us great coverage, covered the financial issues we had and brought them to the forefront and brings us confirmation of news very often before the club do?

So you get frustrated they drop little nuggets without elaborating sometimes, big deal. Chris Phillips did used to make a lot of hints before he could go public, but he doesnt do that anymore.

Take away the Echo and we would have a very dark hole with no information other than when the club decides to make announcements.

Well said. As a (former) journalist, I can tell you the Echo is far from a joke, it is actually one of the best performing daily newspapers in the country. We're lucky to have an independent media source that covers SUFC in such detail. The club is hardly likely to scrutinise itself, someone has to do it.

What has running a business got to do with anything. I run one and it has no relevance to newspapers so er....

This is the same Echo that gives us great coverage, covered the financial issues we had and brought them to the forefront and brings us confirmation of news very often before the club do?

So you get frustrated they drop little nuggets without elaborating sometimes, big deal. Chris Phillips did used to make a lot of hints before he could go public, but he doesnt do that anymore.

Take away the Echo and we would have a very dark hole with no information other than when the club decides to make announcements.

Been a bit quiet today from the echo. Where is the standard interview with a player saying "we can beat anyone on our day" or "we aren't scared of anyone".

I think I upset CP after blasting him on here for one of his 'exclusives' that wasn't much to get excited about. Since then he doesn't tend to do it because of the abuse and pestering he gets. No doubt the guys who wrote those tweets are being pestered on twitter to reveal more information. It's a good technique to sell papers but it's frustrating for us the fans.

Been a bit quiet today from the echo. Where is the standard interview with a player saying "we can beat anyone on our day" or "we aren't scared of anyone".

I think I upset CP after blasting him on here for one of his 'exclusives' that wasn't much to get excited about. Since then he doesn't tend to do it because of the abuse and pestering he gets. No doubt the guys who wrote those tweets are being pestered on twitter to reveal more information. It's a good technique to sell papers but it's frustrating for us the fans.

Its not to sell papers in the main though.

Chris used to drop little hints and it was annoying simply because you want to know what the news is, but he usually announces it on Twitter before the papers anyway. Ive probably bought the echo 3 times in the last year and always know the news.

Seen on twitter two news reporters who had a meeting with brown and Martin last night and have said to look out for the echo in coming weeks as exiting times are ahead.. Does this mean we have selected the contractors?

@colinchannon: Enjoyed meeting Phil Brown and Ron Martin last night. Exciting plans ... Blues fans won't want to miss @Essex_Echo in the coming weeks...

@mikeharper6: Good evening with Ron Martin, Phil Brown and @colinchannon. Keep reading @Echo_Newspapers to hear about what's coming up @SUFCRootsHall

might just be Rons stadium BS that he's sold half the country Into believing, but could actually be some very good news?

So, 11 days on I haven't heard anything. Admittedly I'm probably a bit early, but there should be some announcement in the next week or so...

With no deal in place for Prospects (which is vital to Sainsbury's store plans at RH) or the remaining shops/St Mary's flats. I just cant see how this whole thing can move forward. Certainly not on the timescale Ron has said recently.

I can't imagine Sainsbury would be stupid enough to advance the money for the three sides, with no guarantee that their store can be built at RH yet.

All strikes me as more public posturing from Ron, to try and force things through. Standard business tactic, when you are stuck in the corner. "Gloves off"..........

With no deal in place for Prospects (which is vital to Sainsbury's store plans at RH) or the remaining shops/St Mary's flats. I just cant see how this whole thing can move forward. Certainly not on the timescale Ron has said recently.

I can't imagine Sainsbury would be stupid enough to advance the money for the three sides, with no guarantee that their store can be built at RH yet.

All strikes me as more public posturing from Ron, to try and force things through. Standard business tactic, when you are stuck in the corner. "Gloves off"..........

But there is a guarantee. The council will support a CPA if need be.

correct, but no guarantee of time scale or cost . The only 'guarantee' is that if we were to go through the CPO route then then Sainsbury's would be ready to build on routes hall before the CPO went through. Whether they can (or would want to) start work at roots hall without owning everything that is needed I have no idea

I have to say that the news, whatever it is, may not be about Fossetts Farm. We actually don't have a clue what is going to be publicised. I am a little surprised that the Echo hasn't dropped any hints, though, or if they have, I've missed them.

correct, but no guarantee of time scale or cost . The only 'guarantee' is that if we were to go through the CPO route then then Sainsbury's would be ready to build on routes hall before the CPO went through. Whether they can (or would want to) start work at roots hall without owning everything that is needed I have no idea

But Sainsburys can't build a whole lot until we have moved out, which is at least 18 months away (assuming we start building tomorrow), so they can issue a CPO now if need be and it will be ready in time. As for cost, a CPO will be market value...

A CPO may not be quite that easy to come by if the previously agreed sales of Prospects fell through for no fault of the seller (as has been reported).

A CPO may not be quite that easy to come by if the previously agreed sales of Prospects fell through for no fault of the seller (as has been reported).

What do you base that on Mick? It sounds very logical but I can't see any basis in law for it. Don't forget Prospects benefited from the six-figure deposit last time.

Heard some good April Fool's yesterday, the Scots will have to drive on the right-hand side of the road if they gain independence, the British Gent in Australia who teased the Aussies live on TV that the Commonwealth games were changing to the British Empire Games etc, but the best was surely that work had begun at Fossets Farm
Telling%20a%20joke%20NEW%20oct.gif

As Mick says, I dont think a CPO will be as easy as it sounds.

I am led to believe a deal for Prospects has fallen through on 6 occasions, as Sainsbury/SUFC have failed to complete.

And there is currently no deal on the table for the Prospects site.

If Sainsbury are willing to press ahead with advancing the dosh for the 3 sides, great. But IMO that would be very risky for them.

Back