• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good result but,

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swanseashrimper @ Feb. 05 2005,01:27)]Wiggy, you truly are the biggest tw*t I've ever had the misfortune to read the words of! (yes, I dare say I'll get at least a warnig for that, but quite frankly I don't give a damn any more)

did you see the way Southend played this evening? I very much doubt it! We were attacking from the start, and very much had the best of the first half. second half was much more even, but we were still looking threatening, and to be honest very unlucky not to get a penalty shortly after going 1-0 down. (That was also agreed with by a Swans mate of mine)

Al in all 1-1 was a fair result for the game. we both had chances, we both scored. We're also both two very good teams for this division, and chances are we've both got a very good chance of going up.

Now, if thats not good enough for you, then F*** off and watch Chelski, because quite frankly your monotonous moaning has gotten beyond a joke. complaining when we're not doing well is one thing, complaining when we're getting 1-1 results away to the second toughest team in the league is another.

And before you ask, no, I'm not 17, I'm just a tad riled at the tabloid style digs that you continually direct towards my beloved team!
Well said.

Just saw the goals this morning and we went to sleep for the goal. Hunt was trying to pick up 2 men and Shorty was easily beaten at his near post. A great response and a very good finish from Wayne with his left peg cue mayhem in the away end. The scences on the TV looked superb when we scored and really did shut the Swansea fans up for the rest of the game. Wiggy, stop spouting crap. You normally talk sense IMO, half of the time, but that post wasn't. It wasn't pretty last night, but it was very effective and i'm very pleased with the point. All cheer on the Yeovil and Kiddy today.

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CSWICKFORDSHRIMPER @ Feb. 05 2005,02:37)]f**king great result well done tilly and SOUTHEND UNITED FC

Just got back from Churchills in Southend cant believe it !!

Looks like we have finally have a  team that can win us PROMOTION

Will Done Boys

I love ya !!

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC
Churchills? Could you not find your way to Wales?

wow.gif

Good battle last night and very pleased to come away with a point and all body parts intact too!

I would have felt more relaxed at Galatasary!

tounge.gif

Good vocal support too....does anyone know how many we took up there?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swanseashrimper @ Feb. 05 2005,01:27)]Wiggy, you truly are the biggest tw*t I've ever had the misfortune to read the words of! (yes, I dare say I'll get at least a warnig for that, but quite frankly I don't give a damn any more)

did you see the way Southend played this evening? I very much doubt it! We were attacking from the start, and very much had the best of the first half. second half was much more even, but we were still looking threatening, and to be honest very unlucky not to get a penalty shortly after going 1-0 down. (That was also agreed with by a Swans mate of mine)

Al in all 1-1 was a fair result for the game. we both had chances, we both scored. We're also both two very good teams for this division, and chances are we've both got a very good chance of going up.

Now, if thats not good enough for you, then F*** off and watch Chelski, because quite frankly your monotonous moaning has gotten beyond a joke. complaining when we're not doing well is one thing, complaining when we're getting 1-1 results away to the second toughest team in the league is another.

And before you ask, no, I'm not 17, I'm just a tad riled at the tabloid style digs that you continually direct towards my beloved team!
Couldn't agree more.

Wiggy, how the hell you can make such comments WHEN YOU WEREN'T EVEN THERE is beyond me.

We took the game to Swansea early on and pushed them back. We certainly were'nt negative. Also bear in mind that Swansea were a quality team - Trundle should be playing at a much higher level.

Overall, another superb performance - on a par with Swindon and Darlington. If we keep playing at that level 3rd spot is a realistic possibility.

Of course, 4 points against the team in second place is not enough is it Wiggy!?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stid @ Feb. 05 2005,00:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Feb. 04 2005,23:33)]47 (for 4 more days)  
ghostface.gif
So I'm younger than you - 47 for a whole 16 more days! (It's Feb 5th now btw).
Ahhh, 1957. A vintage year, IMHO! Must have been something in the air.

wink.gif

Good point, bad weekend but keep some perspective on the issue. Taking four points from anyone in the playoff positions is remarkable.

I disagree with wiggy. However, I'm not sure the personal attacks are necessary though. It would be dull and pointless on this messageboard if people are reluctant to voice their opinions.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Feb. 04 2005,23:40)]All i am saying is that we hit the front and go on the back foot, go behind and start attacking. Why not all out assault with the players available.
You've got to take the opposition into consideration, Wiggy. Yes, we've improved as a team, but so have The Jack's.

I think you're somewhat under estimating the damage Swansea can do, escpecially at home, if teams go 'all out'.

I think Tilly and Brush got it spot on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Feb. 04 2005,23:47)]Tilson went there with one thing on his mind,a draw. Yes a draw at The Vetch good result but tetering on the edge of automatic/play offs still think a win against any of these league 2 opponents is possible!
I think he went there with one thing on his mind... but that was 'not to lose' and he succeeded.

I think its worth remembering the football we played 2-3 years back, complete dross and conference footy looming.

We are now going to a full Vetch and looking to get a a draw/win. There is no shame in losing at Swansea and to get a draw is a fantastic result.

If we can keep going i can't see how we can't make the play offs at very least.

A great result and one we would have taken before the game.
But i am sure Swansea were well pleased when Eastwood was a sub.
Plenty of talk in the local press how Eastwood was going to be the main threat.
BUT Tilly hasn't got much wrong,a nd we have to respect his judgement.
It shows how far we have come in the last 18 months.

Only thing annoying me at the moment is that Macc are ahead and I've lost Block 2A bragging rights.

Still, he reckons they're looking at automatics but I'm not so sure myself...

i can't believe some ppl on here, why the hell are you having a go at tilson?? For f**k sake grow up, just because we're in the play-off places doesn't mean we can go to places like swansea and attack them and expect to win, if we had done that they woudl probably beat us 3 or 4-0

i cant believe some 'southend fans' as you call yourselfs, i for one am dleighted we went to swansea and got a point, WE CAN'T WIN EVERY f**kING GAME!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Back