• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good sign....

Angell Delight

Life President
Reading between the lines it seems Tilly may be looking to bring Lewis Hunt back in at RB to replace Jupp. On the official site he says Hunt is fully fit and although Jupp has done "OK" he is yet to make a final decision on his line-up for Sunday.

Me personally I feel if Lewis is fully fit he MUST come in at RB for the 2 legs - it is vital for our chances of progression. Quite frankly if he hadn't got injured I believe we'd have been watching Northampton vs. Swansea this weekend.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ May 13 2005,11:48)]Quite frankly if he hadn't got injured I believe we'd have been watching Northampton vs. Swansea this weekend.
Mmm, i wouldn't quite go as far as saying that. There were lots of reasons we didn't go up.

Whether his injury cost us promotion or not, I reckon we'll be better off with Lewis that Jupp, so let's hope he really is fit...

The other good sign about that interview is that Tilly is aware of the criticism and is ****ed off at it.

Good. Time to get even, Tilly - time to stuff that back in your critics' faces. Use a bit of Fergie / Mourinho siege mentality: a sort of "we'll show them" attitude.

No more Mr. Nice Guy, please. Time to get ruthless.

COME ON SOUTHEND!

Matt

I think bringing in Hunt at such a vital stage of the season, bearing in mind he hasnt played for eight weeks or so would be a shocking decision.

Jupp has done pretty much nothing wrong, is a whole hearted and commited defender who for some reason gets a lot of unwarranted flack.

Sure, Lewis has done OK at Right Back, but I wouldnt say hes done any better than Juppy, and he certainly isnt as good at going forward, and overlapping the right sided midfielder as Juppy is... and lets face it, with the lack of right sided midfield we have when Petts is playing, we need somebody to get the crosses in!!

I think it would be a bad decision as he would be up against eith Josh Low or Martin Smith, and someone who hasnt played for eight weeks would potentially be cannon fodder in this kind of game!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ May 13 2005,11:56)]Whether his injury cost us promotion or not, I reckon we'll be better off with Lewis that Jupp, so let's hope he really is fit...
Juppy has done okay though. But yeah, i do think we are better defensively with Lewis. But we'll see. Personally i think he has to be 100% fit or stuck with Juppy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]"Everyone has their own opinion and I won't say anymore, you read some of the letters and they are pathetic at times. If certain individuals aren't pleased with what I am doing then that's tough"

That has cheered me up. You tell 'em, Steve!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ May 13 2005,11:58)]Jupp has done pretty much nothing wrong, is a whole hearted and commited defender who for some reason gets a lot of unwarranted flack.

Sure, Lewis has done OK at Right Back, but I wouldnt say hes done any better than Juppy, and he certainly isnt as good at going forward, and overlapping the right sided midfielder as Juppy is...
The reason Jupp gets flak is because as a defender he is IMHO not good enough. Yes he's good at getting forward but this is to the detriment of the team defensively and since Hunt's injury the back-line has looked far more shaky and we've definitely conceded more than we would have with Lewis at full-back. This IMO has probably cost us promotion. It's all very well saying that Jupp is good going forward but a defender MUST be able to defend and Hunt has been immense since switching to RB, for me he's easily the best we've had in that position since Julian Hails if not better.

One thing I realised about Hunt before he got injured is that he was steadily learning when it was OK to get forward and when it was right to stay put and he never seemed to get caught out - Jupp gets forward far too much and it compromises us badly. Another positive is that Hunt has covered countless times as last man in the centre when Prior/Barrett were exposed and this is the bonus of a RB who has also played at CB during his career.

The fact remains that the rest of the back 4 look a lot more solid and confident with Hunt in the side. If Jupp plays and comes up against Martin Smith over the 2 legs Petts will have to spend most of his time defending or I can see very little chance of us progressing to Cardiff.

Stick with Juppy - we know he is match fit and he has not let anyone down since he came back into the team.

Lewis Hunt, Hunt-Hunt-Hunt
Tilly's got to make the change if hunt is available

down.gif

2-0 northampton

down.gif

going to be disappointed

down.gif

down.gif

COBBLERS

biggrin.gif

only himself...

p.s. how do you know he hasn't...

if you have asked everyone associated with southend and can confirm then that is a good effort.
glare.gif

Back