• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't buy this at all. We all work with people every day who are 'thrown together' as much as any football people. The team welcome and have to integrate new team mates all the time. If Coughlan and Brown have the right qualities and WANT to make it work, they will make it work. Ultimately, Brown's the boss now so, if Coughlan doesn't agree with his methods, he'll have to make a compromise or look for another role but there's certainly no reason to have doubts until there's a reason to have any. Why assume that two grown-up human beings won't be able to get on with each other?

Not at the decision-making level they don't.

Has your company ever been taken over or taken over another company? How much of the management survived?

if Coughlan doesn't agree with his methods, he'll have to make a compromise or look for another role but there's certainly no reason to have doubts until there's a reason to have any. Why assume that two grown-up human beings won't be able to get on with each other?

It isn't a good formula if you have people disagreeing on a lot of things in any sort of team. It also depends on personality. Im sure there were things Coughlan didnt agree with Sturrock but respected his decision. Working under Brown may have a different result, or it might not.

I know it sounds cheesy but it always helps if the majority are pulling in the same direction/on the same idea. A rumor i heard that some players were not happy with how they were being asked to play (and that's including some first names on the team sheet). Evidence to support that would be some players going to the echo saying they had discussed different ideas with the manager after a defeat.

Not at the decision-making level they don't.

Has your company ever been taken over or taken over another company? How much of the management survived?

This should read: not at the decision making level they sometimes don't. On the second point, several times and the answer is always the same, some do, some don't - it depends on whether they can re-assert their value, buy into the new vision and find their way under the new structure.

Some do for a short time and then..........

It isn't a good formula if you have people disagreeing on a lot of things in any sort of team. It also depends on personality. Im sure there were things Coughlan didnt agree with Sturrock but respected his decision. Working under Brown may have a different result, or it might not.

As your underline. We don't know until we find out.

If you re-read my post, I've as realistic as everyone else and if it doesn't work, Cougho will make way. I just don't like the assumption that it's automatically a problem. It isn't. In the absence of them knowing each other really well, how can they know if they can work with each other or share a vision until they ultimately put it to the test?

From a continuity perspective, I'm hoping Coughlan will take heed of Brown's experience and be open to his methods. There's no reason to assume he'll do otherwise.

Back