• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Graham Coughlan

GC has in his first month in charge (as interim manager) at The Gas been nominated for the SKYBET League 1 Manager of the Month award. Not surprising as I said above (Sunday) his only defeat in that time was a couple of day's after his interim appointment going down 2-1 at Sunderland.

Wonder if Maher will stay and take over?

Good luck to graham, must be nice to be in his position, just a real shame he didn’t get a proper crack here at roots hall.

There is a lot more to this than just wanting to be closer to his family. Bristol Rovers are a complete mess off the field. Numerous bungling by their owners around new stadium plans, losing around £300-£400k a month and have gone from having some money to £15M in the red in 5 years and nobody can see where that money has disappeared to, their wage bill is certainly not the issue.
Their fans seem to think that rather than the family aspect he is off because the board are refusing to back him in January for a proper go at promotion and are expecting any offer for their decent players to be accepted and not be put back into the club.

There is a lot more to this than just wanting to be closer to his family. Bristol Rovers are a complete mess off the field. Numerous bungling by their owners around new stadium plans, losing around £300-£400k a month and have gone from having some money to £15M in the red in 5 years and nobody can see where that money has disappeared to, their wage bill is certainly not the issue.
Their fans seem to think that rather than the family aspect he is off because the board are refusing to back him in January for a proper go at promotion and are expecting any offer for their decent players to be accepted and not be put back into the club.

Sainsburys were going to fund a new stadium and use the old ground for a supermarket. Messed them around for years and it never happened.

At least Rovers know a trip to the Championship would be a financial disaster, so are not going to try.

maybe its just that he wanted to be closer to his family .And by all account he didn't see eye toeye with the Rovers chairman .

Whatever the reason I wish Him all the best and hope We don't cross paths next season!
I fear it's a strong possibility we will however.

It's all to do with being closer to his family (wife and 2 children) who have remained in Sheffield ever since he first came to Southend. I'm sure Mansfield would have at least matched the deal he was on at Bristol Rovers.
I'm delighted for Graham and wish him the best of luck. He's sacrificed a lot over the last decade and has missed seeing his kids grow up. It must be a wonderful feeling for him to know that he can drive home after work each day to be with his loved ones.

Back