• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jedi Shrimper

formerly Drastic™
Spotted this on Twitter:

Grant Chase Heats Up

No suprise of course. Bristol City, Doncaster, Swansea, Reading, Barnsley supposedly interested.
Should we hang onto him at all costs? or at what price would you let him go?

unless we are desperate for the money we should keep in
In theory we don't need the money, the fiances are meant to be secure for a year, and that was before we learnt about the sell on's that we have/will/should be receiving. Supposedly we want top bounce straight back to league one ----- we need Grant. After we ahve gone up surely he would be worth more as well?

I think it is inevitable that offers will be coming in left, right and centre for him in January. If not sooner, with a loan move and permanent switch in January...

I would like us to keep hold of him if possible. But any offer over about £250,000 would have to be considered...

seems inevitable,
something about losing your top goalscorer and sliding down to relegation stirs a few recent memories!:sad:

If Grant goes it would be a real shame i really hope he stays, i would price him out of the market unless he wants to go, and then may be set up a similar type of deal we got for Bailey (initial 500,000 then incresing to 750, 000 on apperances and a sell on of course).

A midfield of Timlin/Easton wouldnt be bad at all for this level and who knows, as good as Grant is (and dont get me wrong, he is TOO good for us), it may benefit Sturrocks system of having 2 more disciplined midfielders and 2 out and out wingers.

At the moment, PS may be restricting our formation to allow Grant to play as he roams all over the place. Maybe the second half of the season would see Timlin/Easton in the middle and 2 out and out wingers, rather than Simpson on the right.

Anything around the 200,000 mark with possible add ons, and Martin will grab the money with both hands, and that will be the last you will see of that, imo.

Anything around the 200,000 mark with possible add ons, and Martin will grab the money with both hands, and that will be the last you will see of that, imo.

I personally think that valuation is a little low, and that he proved himself last year in League 1 and we should be looking for more, seeing as:
1. there appears to be quite a lot of interested parties
2. he has 18 months to go on his contract.

I personally think that valuation is a little low, and that he proved himself last year in League 1 and we should be looking for more, seeing as:
1. there appears to be quite a lot of interested parties
2. he has 18 months to go on his contract.

Disagree. 18 months is not very long to go on a contract these days!
League 2 player.
Southend in debt.

All reasons why £200k would be the max we receive.

I think he'll go in January. Sturrock is playing him because there'd be uproar if he didn't, considering the form Grant is in at the moment. But I was hearing rumblings 2 games into the season, even when it was evident that Grant was the stand-out player, that Sturrock was more than happy to get shot of him before the summer transfer window closed.

He doesn't particularly want him here. He doesn't particularly want any of the players who played under Tilson here. I would imagine that he wants a completely clean slate, without any of the players who played under Tilson and had their morale and sense of good-will towards the club shattered by Ron Martin still here.

A midfield of Timlin/Easton wouldnt be bad at all for this level and who knows, as good as Grant is (and dont get me wrong, he is TOO good for us), it may benefit Sturrocks system of having 2 more disciplined midfielders and 2 out and out wingers.

At the moment, PS may be restricting our formation to allow Grant to play as he roams all over the place. Maybe the second half of the season would see Timlin/Easton in the middle and 2 out and out wingers, rather than Simpson on the right.

I understand what you are saying, but the fact that he is allowed to roam has made him a more effective player for me. He still does what he has done in previous seasons, but he has now shown he is actually a goalscoring midfielder. No one would have predicted him scoring 5 goals this season, let alone being our top goalscorer. Sturrock has seen something in him that Tilly never did.

unless we are desperate for the money we should keep in
In theory we don't need the money, the fiances are meant to be secure for a year, and that was before we learnt about the sell on's that we have/will/should be receiving. Supposedly we want top bounce straight back to league one ----- we need Grant. After we ahve gone up surely he would be worth more as well?

Don't need the money!!! What about next season?

Back