• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EastStandBlue

Life President
Scenes that would make your casual hobbit masquerading as a hooligan squeal were on show tonight, as West Ham entertained Millwall in more ways than one.

It was the draw that made half of East London wince and the other half salivate, the draw that made the Metropolitan Police kicked into damage limitation overtime and the draw that, bizarrely, West Ham thought a good idea to place tickets for on general sale.

This led to 2,300 Millwall fans descending on Upton Park legally, and almost as many illegally, adding fuel to the fire that was so obviously bound to ignite. Overcrowding at tube stations caused the first of the evenings altercations, Millwall fans allegedly vaulting barriers in order to "Sorrrt sam of those Mugs Ahht."

Understatement of the night, however, went to the Metrolpolitan Police Spokesman who came out with his thought that "It looks like there has been some planned trouble from fans." No. Really? Well, What caused you to come to that conclusion? Was it the brawl outside Upton Park and the consequent stabbing? How about the numerous reports of property damage and vandalism when hooligans searched for potential missiles? No, no... Wait, it must've been the reports of large groups of fans breaking through riot police barriers to start altercations.

Trouble wasn't spared just for outside the ground either. After Neil Harris gave Millwall the lead in the first half, it became evident that some Millwall fans had found their way into the home seating and events turned sour. Pitch invasions and reports of brawls inside the stadium were brought to the attention of the press, a situation not exactly helped by Junior Stanislas and his provocative goal celebrations. Even at the age of 19, he should know better.

Unfortunately, reports that Danny Dyer had been involved in the scenes are believed to be false. He is infact too much of a coward to experience anything close to this at first hand, and was more than likely shacked up in a bedsit with Tamer Hassan watching Eastenders.

Both clubs will feel the brunt of this in the coming days and weeks. In a year when the country is bidding to host the World Cup, the last thing needed is a full size brawl reminiscent of the 70's and 80's and events such as a Heysel, which saw the countries clubs banned from European competition for several years.

Banning orders and prosecution will be rife amongst those 'Ard enough to be involved, but West Ham will not be able to hide from the fact they acted negligent at best in allowing tickets for such a heated local derby to be sold on general sale, only inviting trouble. The most poignant comment of the night goes to the Millwall fan who informed the BBC that: "I brought my kids with me tonight and they've seen some violence that is indescribable."

I shouldn't laugh at that title, but I will admit to having a bit of a chuckle at it.

So sue me.

Sounds like general idiocy all round, from what I've heard. West Ham are idiots for putting tickets on general sale (which is basically inviting trouble), the police are idiots for the lack of control over the incident, the stewards are idiots for not recognising Millwall fans in the home stands, and Stanslas is an idiot for aggravating matters with his celebration.

It wasn't picked up by the media, but there was trouble round my way after the Wet Sham Spuds game as well. The police chopper was out for a couple of hours after the game and apparently there was a lot of bottle throwing and the like.

The only solution I can think of, is to fine Wet Sham millions of pounds and deduct the points they should have had deducted for illegally fielding Tevez, leading to automatic relegation.

Scum.

It wasn't picked up by the media, but there was trouble round my way after the Wet Sham Spuds game as well. The police chopper was out for a couple of hours after the game and apparently there was a lot of bottle throwing and the like.

The only solution I can think of, is to fine Wet Sham millions of pounds and deduct the points they should have had deducted for illegally fielding Tevez, leading to automatic relegation.

Scum.

Or the fact there parent company went into admin.

Unfortunately, reports that Danny Dyer had been involved in the scenes are believed to be false. He is infact too much of a coward to experience anything close to this at first hand, and was more than likely shacked up in a bedsit with Tamer Hassan watching Eastenders.

To be fair to Mr Dyer, I certainly wouldn't have fancied going into some of the places he went during the filming of 'The Real Football Factories' - the meeting with the Polish boys in ski-masks springs to mind. He might be an easy target but I don't think he's a coward.

Scum.

Matt, which part of town do you live ?

Or the fact there parent company went into admin.

That's not going to happen they are separate legal entities. Although [lame legal joke - you've been warned]Berrichone/DtS' anti-Wet Sham law might make them lift the corporate veil....[/lame legal joke].

what in yorkshire !!!!!

Can someone remind me how to put posters on ignore;)

Could have sworn my location says London.

Matt, which part of town do you live ?

Mile End.

To be fair to Mr Dyer, I certainly wouldn't have fancied going into some of the places he went during the filming of 'The Real Football Factories' - the meeting with the Polish boys in ski-masks springs to mind. He might be an easy target but I don't think he's a coward.

The only thing I saw him do, which I have to admit does take some bottle, is going to the Independiente/Racing Club Derby which has a notorious history. But even then, he was moved after 10 minutes after it became a little too raucuous in the main stand.

Back