• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Greg Halford signs

I’d offer a deal until end of season as he can play in a few positions for us, his only cheap and will give opposition team problems even if we only get half a game every now and then out of him.

Worth keeping just for that throw, can be as good as a corner, we need to use that. Also better to get out of defence than the usual throw to the nearest person who often puts it straight back out.

MM just needs to speak him and say you won't start very often, but you'll be on the bench and will get minutes as and when needed. If he is happy with that and the money can be agreed. Then its a no brainer. It's not as if we have a cap on our squad size :Winking:

If he's happy with this role than this makes perfect sense.

I'm reluctant to build our team around players on the wane like him and Macca and the more influential someone is the more disruptive it is to play without them. Where it makes sense to use them is therefore as subs with the occasional spot start. In rugby Eddie Jones uses the term finishers. For me, Macca and Halford should be finishers. Using their experience to try and see out or change games. Halford's versatility means he could play in a number of different positions, allowing us to maintain continuity in the rest of the team and him using his experience to adapt to a slightly different role each time in the final 15-20 minutes of a match.

That won't necessarily appeal to everyone but if he wants to just be around a dressing room, if he enjoys training and coaching the kids around him then that would be a great fit.

I know how I feel about this. Disappointed. Thank you GH for the assistance you gave but now I really want to see mobility, pace and fitness throughout the team. Oh, and a striker in the striking role. Are we trying to move forward in leaps and bounds or just stand still? The NL is not full of roll-over, second-rate sides. We are in for a battle and we need reinforcements to take over from the old guard.

Hmmm...
As I read this, he could get a game by game, or month by month contract?
'At this level' he can do a job, says PB.
One level higher and he was way out of his depth. Age and injuries will do that for you.
I'm trying to fathom exactly what Halford can bring that will make a difference.
Maybe, off the bench to slot in defence or attack?

Pointless, contributed absolutely nothing to us last season.

Even as a month-to-month and to be used only as an emergency back-up defender/striker, this still sounds like a bad idea.

It's not really moving us forward, bh the sound of things we are just going to keep the same team that got us relegated

Back