• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guess the CORVID 19 total shutdown date for the UK

If this does all kick in - and all the signs are becoming apparent (and needed imho) - I wonder how long it'll be before Liberty and their like will start kicking up a fuss ?

If this does all kick in - and all the signs are becoming apparent (and needed imho) - I wonder how long it'll be before Liberty and their like will start kicking up a fuss ?
Boris Johnson is acting like a cheerleader for Liberty right now

Johnson is proving a bit of an embarrassment as a PM. We need proper leadership at this difficult time. The expressions on the faces of his scientific and medical advisers say it all. He needs to grow some and trurn his "advice" into instruction, especially in London. The fact that he thought we can turn the tide in 12 weeks has been given the lie by the Strategic Advisory Group for Emergencies stating today that the current restrictions should continue for a year with occasional pauses

17:10
BREAKINGPM: Cafes, pubs and bars to close
Mr Johnson says the government is strengething the measures announced earlier this week.
"We are telling cafes, pubs, bars and restaurants to close tonight as soon as they reasonably can and not reopen tomorrow."
Places like nightclubs, cinemas and gyms will also follow suit.

. The fact that he thought we can turn the tide in 12 weeks has been given the lie by the Strategic Advisory Group for Emergencies stating today that the current restrictions should continue for a year with occasional pauses

I'm sure some of the 'experts' on the Virus update earlier, stated that the '2 metre distancing' maybe required till at least the end of the year?.
In that case every Premier & EFL football match would have to be played behind closed doors?.

I'm sure some of the 'experts' on the Virus update earlier, stated that the '2 metre distancing' maybe required till at least the end of the year?.
In that case every Premier & EFL football match would have to be played behind closed doors?.

are they going to play like our defence most of the season?

How does playing behind closed doors keep the players a minimum 2m part during the game?..

We can quite easily have three or four of us in the office with the doors locked and still carry out our business. Even if it's quiet both I and the lettings admin teams have **** loads of work we can do. We can make our own drinks and be a good 3m apart from each other. Please just let us carry on working.

The way the public are acting I’m expecting Govt action and further restrictions by latest tomorrow. People are using this as an excuse to take time off work and have a jolly and are oblivious to the seriousness of it.
Very true, I have some hefty rows with family about mum's day visiting and today's newspaper headlines have come just in time to support my stance.
I am being very selfish in this, I DO NOT WANT TO GET THE VIRUS. IT SCARES ME ****LESS, and I don't understand how people are carrying on; this is serious stuff and an unseen enemy, in our midst is terrifying when, as an individual I can only do so much and hope others do the same BUT keep seeing legions not doing basics.
March 29, lockdown.

So many people i total denial that this is REALLY SERIOUS. It will take many more deaths to convince everyone that this is world changing. It isn't going away any time soon unfortunately. Science is the only answer IMHO.

Very true, I have some hefty rows with family about mum's day visiting and today's newspaper headlines have come just in time to support my stance.
I am being very selfish in this, I DO NOT WANT TO GET THE VIRUS. IT SCARES ME ****LESS, and I don't understand how people are carrying on; this is serious stuff and an unseen enemy, in our midst is terrifying when, as an individual I can only do so much and hope others do the same BUT keep seeing legions not doing basics.
March 29, lockdown.
The fear among my colleagues is heightening as we are hearing of more hospital staff contracting the virus.
Like yourself I too am scared of getting it and just wish some people would not be so flippant about it.
We have more reported at this time span than Italy did in the same time period and look at them now!
Please stay safe MG ?

I am very worried for the elderly, because if reports from Italy are true, they are having to decide who gets a ventilator, essentially this means who lives or dies... Terrifying!

This is so far beyond politics, this is hitting us at the heart of everything we hold dear and wish to preserve, which is likely why we have mass panic in the shops and mass denial. Our way of life, our culture, our economy and our liberty is under attack, which is horrific. The government can't lock down everything at once, because people need time to adjust. It is coming down the track though, and very quickly. When it does, it will be months not weeks. Our lives will be very different on the other side of this, just as it was after the two world wars.

This situation is unprecedented, so the government won't get it completely right, and people will suffer. But, as in football, it's easy to criticize from the touchline...

Back