• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guess the CORVID 19 total shutdown date for the UK

The reports from Italy are true, and in local hospitals here the ventilators etc are almost all in use. Very soon doctors will be deciding who gets the full package of care and lives and who is just a possible survivor and has other issues, and they will be doubly unlucky.

Do a lot of people in the Med still smoke? When I've been there I'm always noticed that a lot of people still puff and haven't seen the crackdown on it like we have.

Before we start scaremongering, let's now forget that the vast majority of people that get Covid19 get better. It's far from a death sentence, though if you're unlucky to get Corvid19 you're instantly mutated in a sheep loving inbred Col Ewe fan with no winky.

Curiously enough, it seems to be younger people in Spain who generally haven't bought into the smoking is bad for you message (and I speak as a life-long non-smoker).Btw my date for a lockdown in the UK would be asap,probably some time next week,maybe even from tomorrow.

I am very worried for the elderly, because if reports from Italy are true, they are having to decide who gets a ventilator, essentially this means who lives or dies... Terrifying!

This is so far beyond politics, this is hitting us at the heart of everything we hold dear and wish to preserve, which is likely why we have mass panic in the shops and mass denial. Our way of life, our culture, our economy and our liberty is under attack, which is horrific. The government can't lock down everything at once, because people need time to adjust. It is coming down the track though, and very quickly. When it does, it will be months not weeks. Our lives will be very different on the other side of this, just as it was after the two world wars.

This situation is unprecedented, so the government won't get it completely right, and people will suffer. But, as in football, it's easy to criticize from the touchline...

I agree, of course the government won't get it completely right but I am impressed by their daily communications - (not a political comment honestly), just saying I find it as reassuring and detailed as it can be.

Last edited:
I agree, of course the government won't get it completely right but I am impressed by their daily communications - (not a political comment honestly), just saying I find it as reassuring and detailed as it can be.
I am impressed too. The economic support is unprecedented, which wouldn't be happening at this size, scale and speed if it wasn't so serious. Which is why I can't believe the arrogance and stupidity of some people. The stockpiling has caused my elderly parents issues, as they both have health problems. They couldn't get their weekly essentials this week, despite 3 trips to their local supermarkets on the Island. So I went shopping for them, and had to risk seeing them today, so they didn't have to risk going to the supermarket - lesser of two evils, but much easier to socially distance in their house than in a busy shop. It is like playing Russian roulette with your loved ones, and the arrogance of huge swathes of people where I live in Braintree has shocked me completely. They seem to think it is a 'London' problem, and the mood seemed to be all about being bored because there is nothing to do...

With McDonald's closing from tomorrow, most other retailers will now close, if they have not already.
So we are going into a total lockdown by default anyway.

I expect London and major cities to be in total quarantine by end of week and more likely by Wednesday. Rest of country to follow very shortly afterwards if not immediately.
Numbers of deaths are I'm afraid about to get very bad and as I've said before, this is going to be a very upsetting time for everyone.
You can blame Boris if you want but at the end of the day the advice is clear. Stay home and stay away from others.
I'm a key worker and have to use London Underground so I'm fairly resigned to getting this as are most of my colleagues. In short, I have to travel and can't work from home. A lot of you don't and should not be carrying on as if nothing is happening.
The Phoney War is about to end.

How do we do it? Police on streets? Fines? Putin-esque prison sentences?

How do we do it? Police on streets? Fines? Putin-esque prison sentences?
Could well be the case!
I've noticed how many good people about helping and doing their jobs as normal for them but are much appreciated
I've also noticed selfish ****ing Dickheads who should be ashamed of themselves.
Good people of the zone keep safe my friends x

We do it the same as Italy & Spain etc. Although I expect the looters will be out in force in certain areas.
There are far more police in Italy and Spain we hardly have any, probably volunteers or army needed. Unusual times , new legislation so let’s stop being soft on crime , now or in the future.

There are far more police in Italy and Spain we hardly have any, probably volunteers or army needed. Unusual times , new legislation so let’s stop being soft on crime , now or in the future.
Is there legislation that makes it an offence to be on the streets? If not, and I don't think there, is other than local dispersal orders or obstruction laws, then UKGuv needs to pass some pdq.
And make them fixed penalty £100 for first offence and doubling on second etc with the offender being blacklisted for NHS treatment for 6 months as well.

I expect London and major cities to be in total quarantine by end of week and more likely by Wednesday. Rest of country to follow very shortly afterwards if not immediately.
Numbers of deaths are I'm afraid about to get very bad and as I've said before, this is going to be a very upsetting time for everyone.
You can blame Boris if you want but at the end of the day the advice is clear. Stay home and stay away from others.
I'm a key worker and have to use London Underground so I'm fairly resigned to getting this as are most of my colleagues. In short, I have to travel and can't work from home. A lot of you don't and should not be carrying on as if nothing is happening.
The Phoney War is about to end.

Stay safe out there.

We do it the same as Italy & Spain etc. Although I expect the looters will be out in force in certain areas.

Spanish & Italian old bill are well known for their zero tolerance & extreme measures.

I can’t ever see our police force being let off the leash, to the same levels as their continental counterparts

Stay safe out there.

Spanish & Italian old bill are well known for their zero tolerance & extreme measures.

I can’t ever see our police force being let off the leash, to the same levels as their continental counterparts

Agree, it will need the armed services as well - even if its to protect high streets from looters.

Reactions: GBJ
Back