• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Halifax Town 0-0 Southend United

Have a rest mate. two draws way from home against teams we lost to last season is not bad going, especially with the decent injured players yet to come back into the side.

Is that not relegation form then? Add it up, if we continue like that we'll be relegated. That's all I'm saying and what I said.

You have the most rose tinted glasses on here.

A draw away from home isn’t to be sniffed at. Powell will get some flack, but he scored two pens in pre-season, so he wasn’t the worst choice of taking the spot kick. It happens

That being said, the need for someone to put the ball in the back of the net is obvious. One goal in three games is concerning.

On paper, these opening three games weren’t very favourable and I think the vast majority of us felt some trepidation about such a tough start to the campaign.

The positive is, we aren’t rolling over to teams - especially good teams. The negative is, we can’t punish these teams, which will be the factor that makes or breaks our season.

Pleased with the clean sheet think that is a settled back 5 for now but the midfield and forwards look poor. Mooney has been a big disappointment. Yes we need a striker but you need to feed the goat! Crossing, set plays, been a problem for seasons now. You're asking those front 3 or 4 players to get double figures realistically to have any chance of promotion and the only goal so far has been a piece of magic from Wreh.

A very bright first half-hour, then we hung on for dear life for most of the second-half. This sounded an extremely well earned point. The positives tonight were a clean sheet and a shed load of experiece for our younger players. In all honesty the majority of us would have been delighted to get a draw at Solihull and a further point from a very long trip, only a few days later. to Halifax...................especially after the disappointment of Boreham Wood.

Pleased with the clean sheet think that is a settled back 5 for now but the midfield and forwards look poor. Mooney has been a big disappointment. Yes we need a striker but you need to feed the goat! Crossing, set plays, been a problem for seasons now. You're asking those front 3 or 4 players to get double figures realistically to have any chance of promotion and the only goal so far has been a piece of magic from Wreh.

Been saying this since pre season. Scored loads and assisted loads last season and young player of the year in the national league.

Haven't seen much from him yet to suggest he is a game changer and one of the better players in this league.

I'll take that, id of thought at best 4 points was what I was expecting from those first 3 so 2 isn't bad....0 would of been bad. We are competitive now, which as has been mentioned hasn't been us for at least 4 seasons! A few tweaks and maybe playing two up top when personnel allows and I dont think a push for the playoffs will be beyond us

Back