• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Halifax Town 0-0 Southend United

Midfield needs help from the forwards or the ball just keeps coming straight back. Our problem is we don’t have any ability to hold the ball up top at the moment. Wreh isn’t that sort of forward and the ones that are are injured. Until that changes we’re going to be dominated. That said it’s a massive improvement at the back from this time last season, we’re hard to score against, but have to work so hard for it and that in itself is going to bring more injuries. We desperately need a big strong forward on loan or a lot of games will be like tonight.

Two points from 9 isn't good enough.That's relegation form.
Draw your away games, win your home games....that's promotion form.

Add to that all the experienced players we have out at the moment and thats not too bad... a point away at two teams tipped to be near the top at the end of the season!!!

Why don't you try to see the positives MR Half Glass Full

Is that not relegation form then? Add it up, if we continue like that we'll be relegated. That's all I'm saying and what I said.

You have the most rose tinted glasses on here.
Thanks, I'll take that as compliment.

Is that not relegation form then? Add it up, if we continue like that we'll be relegated. That's all I'm saying and what I said.

There's a reason the shortest period you can look at form for is 6 matches, 3 is far too few to draw any conclusions from.

Draw your away games, win your home games....that's promotion form.

Add to that all the experienced players we have out at the moment and thats not too bad... a point away at two teams tipped to be near the top at the end of the season!!!

Why don't you try to see the positives MR Half Glass Full

That's not what I said, read the post, our current form if it continues is relegation form.

We have played 2 of the teams away from home that are expected to be up the top come the end of the season. We got draws against both and you think it's relegation form?

You need to sort your head out

Six of tonight’s starters are new to the 1st team this season. We have played two fancied teams in our first three matches and the players need match time to learn each others’ games. I would say it is an encouraging start and better than 2 points out of 9 would suggest. Stats can be misleading this early in the season.

Why are the doom and gloom people back? We have played 3 teams from the playoffs last season have two points and conceded only 3. Last season we would have been thrashed in all of those games
It’s not their fault Linda. It’s the other 99% of us that keep wearing our rose tinted specs. We’re the problem.

It isn't bad point but halifax aren't the same side from last season. They did lose most the side who got play offs and have lost both their games without scoring prior tonight. Feels like 2 points dropped rather than point gained.

Back