• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think 'Lager Days' are much more appealing than family fun days or even camoflage days. If the club did want to include families and women in the promotion then maybe 'half a shandy for a pound' could be incorporated into the branding. People shouldn't forget that in the east stand bar they have the game relayed live on a big screen. This facility normally caters for just a handful of hardened drinkers who can't face another 45 mins of lower league garbage and those with limps, but if pints are cheap enough then more and more families will be encouraged to stay inside and drink all afternoon which can only be good for business. Bravo to the club.

Last edited:
I think 'Lager Days' are much more appealing than family fun days or even camoflage days. If the club did want to include families and women in the promotion then maybe 'half a shandy for a pound' could be incorporated into the branding. People shouldn't forget that in the east stand bar they have the game relayed live on a big screen. This facility normally caters for just a handful of hardened drinkers who can't face another 45 mins of lower league garbage and those with limps, but if pints are cheap enough then more and more families will be encouraged to stay inside and drink all afternoon which can only be good for business. Bravo to the club.

Don't forget the live half-time comedy show, Dagenham Kev, where you can sit back, relax and enjoy the rants of man so distant from reality he almost appears shaded in like some third-rate Japanese cartoon. My favourite one was the twenty minute chorus of "Stop Fossetts Farm, Save Roots Hall" of three years ago.

I can't fit my ego, or indded any part of my body into that tiny bar in the South West corner, so I'll be in the Spread..

Good promotion. £2 a pint would have been fine.

Bottles at the same price as pints still annoys me.

But Bottles of cider tend to be too much for the plastic pint glasses anyway - so happy to pay the same for a bottle of cider ;-)
Should we now expect a court appearance against the catering firm Azure? Surely they would have has at least a 1 year contract and it was less than a year ago they took over?
Been at least a month since we were in court last :stunned:

Great Idea, Get everyone ****ed before the game to make us look better on the pitch, by the time the game finishes you can't remember anything about it. You must have had a great time!
This should happen everygame, then instead of looking through the proverbial 'Rose Tinted' we can all look through beer goggles !!!

Don't forget the live half-time comedy show, Dagenham Kev, where you can sit back, relax and enjoy the rants of man so distant from reality he almost appears shaded in like some third-rate Japanese cartoon. My favourite one was the twenty minute chorus of "Stop Fossetts Farm, Save Roots Hall" of three years ago.

My favourite was his rant about us being the worst football team he'd ever seen - minutes after we beat Bristol City to get promoted!! Sometimes I really miss sitting in the East!

Great idea but why not start run this 9am to 11pm to increase revenues and maybe provide creche facilities?

Or even better stop treating people in the west like 3rd class citizens and let us have a pint

Daggers Kev was in excellent form in the first half... not sure where he went for the second.. mind you his non stop moaning was fairly accurate I suppose.. Also saw Grant in an altercation at the lights after leaving the ground.. pulled out turned left cut someone up terribly,it was shocking driving and he was on his phone.. the fellow he nearly killed had a kid in the car and got out to have a word , grant hopped out and did the footballer in your face hands by your side thing.. the bloke pointed out that the kid in the car probably didnt want to see his dad in a street fight.. some bloke shouted at grant to get back in his car, he must have been a lump as grant did swearing away.. then he managed a tiny wheelspin as he shot off.. all excellent entertainment, well better then the game anyway..

Back