• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

HAPPY ST GEORGES DAY.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ April 23 2004,09:14)]God save the Queen.
No surrender.
Ulster is British.
Big Ron for knighthood.
Yes Happy St Georges day everyone

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN

Happy St Georges Day to one and all.

Down the Hoy and Helmet in Benfleet for beers and the craic tonight - if anyone is in the area, pop in and I'll buy any SUFC supporter a pint.
cool.gif
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 23 2004,10:24)]Happy St Georges Day to one and all.

Down the Hoy and Helmet in Benfleet for beers and the craic tonight - if anyone is in the area, pop in and I'll buy any SUFC supporter a pint.
cool.gif

cool.gif
My girlfriend lives very close to the Hoy and we both like free drinks...........

I can recommend their Sunday dinners and steak+chips btw.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ April 23 2004,09:14)]Big Ron for knighthood.
Hmm...

There are plenty of Brits, of whom I'm sure we're all proud, who might have one or two doubts about that - Linford Christie, Colin Jackson, Sol Campbell, Denise Lewis...

However, today's not about being British. Today's about being English.

And of that, I'm immensely proud. By God's great fortune, I was born an Englishman - the finest people on God's good earth.

biggrin.gif

For he himself has said it,
And it's greatly to his credit,
That he is an Englishman!

Matt

You lot make me sick, English and proud! You're just a bunch of racists. Especially Barry the Dog.
Whats have the English ever done for anyone? I bet you're all members of C18 with your St George crosses, burberry hats and hooligan attitudes. Do you wear pointy white hats and put flaming crosses in peoples front gardens.

You're a disgrace, I'm glad I'm not like you people. I'm European and proud of it.

Racist scum.
mad.gif

Fed up with the lack of recognition for OUR day so I bought 40 red roses this morning and now there are 40 of us wearing them with pride.

C'mon England and Southend (oh and Essex)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 23 2004,10:24)]- if anyone is in the area, pop in and I'll buy any SUFC supporter a pint.
cool.gif

cool.gif
east Greens et al, form an orderly queue  
biggrin.gif

Happy George's day

"The Red in the flag is the blood that was spilt in the ways that our forefathers fought
Never a country been so great the storys Brittania could tell
I never want to live my life away from these golden shores
There's never a country been so great with scent of an english rose"
-England~The Angelic Upstarts

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 23 2004,10:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ April 23 2004,09:14)]Big Ron for knighthood.
Hmm...

There are plenty of Brits, of whom I'm sure we're all proud, who might have one or two doubts about that - Linford Christie, Colin Jackson, Sol Campbell, Denise Lewis...

However, today's not about being British.  Today's about being English.

And of that, I'm immensely proud.  By God's great fortune, I was born an Englishman - the finest people on God's good earth.

biggrin.gif

For he himself has said it,
And it's greatly to his credit,

Matt
Well said MTS but you forget Emile Heskey !!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I agree , Happy St Georges day to ALL to whom he is their Patron.

That includes , English, Catalonians, Georgians, Lituanians, Palestinians, Portuguese, Germans and Greeks. as well as the inhabitants of Moscow, Istanbul, Genoa and Venice. Boy Scouts, Soldiers, butchers Farmers, archers, horses and saddlers.
And not forgetting the those suffering from leprosy, the plague and syphilis.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 23 2004,10:35)]You lot make me sick, English and proud! You're just a bunch of racists. Especially Barry the Dog.
Whats have the English ever done for anyone? I bet you're all members of C18 with your St George crosses, burberry hats and hooligan attitudes. Do you wear pointy white hats and put flaming crosses in peoples front gardens.

You're a disgrace, I'm glad I'm not like you people. I'm European and proud of it.

Racist scum.  
mad.gif
f**k Europe and all it stands for.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ April 23 2004,10:48)]I agree , Happy St Georges day to ALL to whom he is their Patron.

That includes , English, Catalonians, Georgians, Lituanians, Palestinians, Portuguese, Germans and Greeks. as well as the inhabitants of Moscow, Istanbul, Genoa and Venice. Boy Scouts, Soldiers, butchers Farmers, archers, horses and saddlers.
And not forgetting the those suffering from leprosy, the plague and syphilis.
Yes Fire Storm totally agree, Again Happy St Georges Day too 1 and all and especialy you my friend.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ April 23 2004,10:48)]And not forgetting the those suffering from leprosy, the plague and syphilis.
That's nice of you Gary to wish the Tower Block Mums of Southend well!

Happy St George's day to you all!

Just wondering what being English means to each of you?
How would you define Englishness and how does it differ from being British? (Assuming that you consider yourselves to be British of course)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 23 2004,10:35)]You lot make me sick, English and proud! You're just a bunch of racists. Especially Barry the Dog.

Racist scum.  
mad.gif
Though i'm sure that's tongue in cheek i'd reply;-

Now the time has come to cry
is it safe to walk again
to think of pride without a fear
of being branded without a name
I will never feel guilt I will never feel sorrow
I show my love and my passion
so laugh and mock
you can't change this
it's not a fashion
Don't cross my views with those of hate
I'll not forget what thousands died for
they stood side by side
against the face of oppression
and with everything good there's always some bad
even the rose has its thorns
but to defame a mans name
for the crazies in the few
then it's not the truth that you're after-
Thomas Mensforth 1980

[b said:

Racist scum.  
mad.gif
Don't know whether to take this seriously or not. If not, it's a rubbish joke.

If serious, I don't see what your problem is with having pride in a nation that is second only to Canada in it's tolerant and, indeed, respectful attitude no foreigners/ethnic groups.

As for being European, all you are doing is extending your nationality to include a country that has only had one black footballer ever and a country that not only banned headscarves, but also nearly elected the most fascist leader seen in Europe for many years. Call England a disgrace, have a closer look at your European 'countrymen'.

Back