• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lennon is probably a player that would have grown alongside an experienced player just like Bolger and Thompson did .The type of player Sol should be able to improve.
Anyway was looking to see what punishment a top club would give him and saw this list....unfortunately celebrating with opposition wasn't on the list along with training with the u23's
That would carry more weight if the fines involved werent so "small". Big to normal people but chelsea players earn that in the time it takes to do a fart.

If Sol's a good man manger he'd have called Lennon in and said "Harry you've gone and got yourself in a pickle with the fans. Don't worry, it happens to the best of us. I've been there with Spurs fans when I moved to Arsenal. It'll blow over. What we're going to do is take you out of the immediate line of fire v Wimbledon in the Mickey Mouse cup - I was going to play young Richard Taylor then anyway - and say you're training with the u23s. You're then going to bust a gut in training for me and work as hard as you've ever worked. I'll then reinstate you and say that your attitude is right and we need players like you with your height, your pace and your commitment to training and the fans will listen to me because I played 70 odd times for England in that position, so chin up and we'll get through this together. A few wins changes everything. That sound like a plan to you? Right, go and prove me right in training, Tony's waiting for you."

Lennon who was expecting a bollocking then thinks Sol has his back and doesn't want to let him down and then trains harder so as to not disappoint him (or alternatively if he doesn't is never seen again).

The players see that training hard pays off and that Sol has their back and increase their efforts. Those that don't see that they will follow Ridgewell out the door and start worrying who in the football league will employ them if they aren't going to be wanted in L2 by a club relegated from L1 with a record low points tally.

Maybe Sol had given the who's out in January news just after the final whistle at Dover......He seemed unhappy enough to do that.

That might explain why Lennon, who was not even dressed to go out. Ended up out, out.

That would carry more weight if the fines involved werent so "small". Big to normal people but chelsea players earn that in the time it takes to do a fart.
Not meant to be a financial comparison, but an insight into how a professional attitude is instilled from the top and .Dont think Harry would have been so stupid if clear rules were in place.A lazy relaxed attitude from the top sends out the wrong message . I'm sure Sol will stop the rot

Last night, near the end of an interesting, improved team performance there was a small foul mouthy group of our fans who collectively decided to sing and chant abuse about Lennon. WHY? He wasn't there? He won't gain anything from it, our players, on pitch and off are unlikely to believe it is supporter encouragement so why?
Sad, just underlined the thread about knobs going to Ipswich games can apply to several of our "supporters", real shame as they had paid £5, or concession rates, & that shows some positive passion.

Remember many younger fans welcomed Ranger back like a hero after his prison sentence for defrauding old people. Lennons a stupid brain dead idiot, Ranger is a price of -hit . Shame some people need to hate

Remember many younger fans welcomed Ranger back like a hero after his prison sentence for defrauding old people. Lennons a stupid brain dead idiot, Ranger is a price of -hit . Shame some people need to hate
just seen harry lennon in the dover end at Yeovil lol

Last night, near the end of an interesting, improved team performance there was a small foul mouthy group of our fans who collectively decided to sing and chant abuse about Lennon. WHY? He wasn't there? He won't gain anything from it, our players, on pitch and off are unlikely to believe it is supporter encouragement so why?
Sad, just underlined the thread about knobs going to Ipswich games can apply to several of our "supporters", real shame as they had paid £5, or concession rates, & that shows some positive passion.

Sums it up really. Lennon's crime was standing in a pub in a southend tracksuit. I really fail to see the issue. Especially had it not been filmed and posted on social media, no one would have been any the wiser.

Sums it up really. Lennon's crime was standing in a pub in a southend tracksuit. I really fail to see the issue. Especially had it not been filmed and posted on social media, no one would have been any the wiser.

He was celebrating Dovers win against the team he was playing for and he was the player that slipped at a crucial piont, allowing the Dover plater to score.

It's one thing committing a crime, but it's another matter when you disrespect every Southend fan, the very fans that help pay his wages.

He was celebrating Dovers win against the team he was playing for and he was the player that slipped at a crucial piont, allowing the Dover plater to score.

It's one thing committing a crime, but it's another matter when you disrespect every Southend fan, the very fans that help pay his wages.
Didn't look like he was celebrating to me, he was just standing there and smiled a bit? Where you in the the pub to see this?

Didn't look like he was celebrating to me, he was just standing there and smiled a bit? Where you in the the pub to see this?

Think what you like but I don't want my hard earned money to go towards his wages so the sooner he's offloaded the better.

Campbell seems to think its a problem too as he's been binned off to the under 23s

I doubt that he (Lennon) has endeared himself to several of his team "mates" by his actions.
In the scheme of issues this incident may well work in Sol's favour as it allows discussion on standards etc to be set from good justification.

Be interesting to see where his career goes after this. He must have some talent or wouldn’t have got this far. He’s either going to drift in to non-league & never be heard of again or use this as a turning point & have a decent career. I suspect It will be determined by what’s between his ears rather than in his footballing ability.

Be interesting to see where his career goes after this. He must have some talent or wouldn’t have got this far. He’s either going to drift in to non-league & never be heard of again or use this as a turning point & have a decent career. I suspect It will be determined by what’s between his ears rather than in his footballing ability.

He doesn’t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back