• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention that racist scum who Cantona attacked deserved everything he got.

So rather than 22 pages of Lennon in the pub. Why don't we find out who made the cancer remarks and attack them and their sniggering friends. With your full support of course.

Its not always whats said that causes the problem. Its how its dealt with. Yet again we have had the "its only a minority, lets move on " defence by far to many of our fans.

Last edited:
So rather than 22 pages of Lennon in the pub. Why don't we find out who made the cancer remarks and attack them and their sniggering friends friends.....With your full support of course.

Its not always whats said that causes the problem. Its how its dealt with. Yet again we have had the "its only a minority, lets move on " defence by far to many of our fans.

?

Or some effort into whoever it was abusing Isaacs Family after the game....that went unnoticed on here.....or the people responsible for racially abusing Elvis’ family...that died a death too....

Some have spent more time and shown more interest in working out if Grapevine is me. ?

I've seen the likes of Roy McDonough , Dave Martin ,Martin Ling & Ronnie Whelan loads of times out drinking with mates , sometimes opposition players and fans ( +hangers on) , just hours after games we lost. Games they even got sent off for punching players . Games they missed open goals or gave away penalties. I've even seen them get totally drunk , swearing and brawling in the same pubs.

Yet they are all still total heroes in my eyes.

The difference being some idiot didnt film it and slap it all over social media for the keyboard warriors to get all their knickers in a twist over.

I always used to go for beers with mates i'd played against - absolutely nothing wrong with that.
I remember one game trying to mark Gary Caldon ( he who got infamously elbowed in the face by Southend's Chris Ramsey vs Billericay ) --- I was good but he was top top quality and scored all 4 against us , yet after the game we went out with team mates from both sides and had a damn good banter about it . But did it mean i didnt play my hardest during the game? NO
Did it mean i disrespected the club i played for ? NO
Did it mean i should be kicked out of the club or had my contract cancelled ? NO , OF COURSE NOT !!!

So lets move on , stop abusing our own players and start to support our club positively FFS .

I'll be there cheering us on tonight. :LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter:

Come on , YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU MORE THAN EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

somebody must know who they are they should be named and shamed my wife had breast cancer she is well now its a terrible disease and to shout that to anybody is disgusting

I agree we should all be utterly intolerant of, call out and report all supporters who behave in some of the ways described above.

We are also wanting (I hope) to be a professional football club in todays era. This requires quite possibly standards of professionalism and fitness that is no longer acceptable for a team aspiring to the Championship.

In that context his behaviour should be and was deemed unprofessional and its being dealt with by Sol (I would expect no less as he has I believe the highest professional standards himself and expects it of other- good in my opinion.

I think the system of fines at Chelsea under Frank Lampard probably gives a glimpse into the standards Sol is also likely to expect (although the punishments watered down to suit- again good)

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/12/chel...st-strict-frank-lampard-young-squad-11087148/

I fully expect the heat of Sol's kitchen to be too hot for some- again good.

I sense he has had a look now, had his patience well and truly tested, and with only one meaningful game in 3-4 weeks will start helping some to use his instagram message to wake up and smell the coffee. Good.

somebody must know who they are they should be named and shamed my wife had breast cancer she is well now its a terrible disease and to shout that to anybody is disgusting

My guess is we’ll never find out who is responsible for these types of abuse. It’s a needle in a haystack.

Probably Jonny come latelys with little else to occupy their tiny brains.

They could well be reading on here....I hope they are and I only hope they are reading it sober and extremely embarrassed.....my fear is they are reading it and finding it highly amusing and it’s made them feel ever so important.....probably for the first time in their lives.

So rather than 22 pages of Lennon in the pub. Why don't we find out who made the cancer remarks and attack them and their sniggering friends. With your full support of course.

I agree that the hysteria over Lennon is ridiculous. But I‘d be interested to know how you think identifying the person who made the cancer remarks can be achieved by people on here. No description of the individual has been offered as far as I’m aware, so how are people supposed to identify a random person with no description? Why didn’t the person who witnessed the incident confront the individual or take a picture so the club/people on social media could identify them?

I hope the culprit can be identified and banned, but without further information I can’t see how this would be possible.

oh no...

is the storm in the tea cup dying down ??

well I sort of enjoyed - but I really love it when players go handbags at one another on the pitch .. love a good fit of push and shove..

AND my brothers birthday outing is confirmed as Bristol Rovers - HURRAH HURRAH HURRAH

A lot of my posts recently have been about hoping something happens or changes. This is another one.

I really hope this incident can be the catalyst the squad needs to buck their ideas up. I'm sure Lennon has had an in house dressing down by the higher ups and HOPEFULLY he will now work hard and show the professionalism that has been lacking. HOPEFULLY the rest of the squad use this as a lesson too and can show the professionalism that they have been lacking.

It has been said that the timing of the video was dreadful (I agree) but maybe with the lack of proper games in the next few weeks, it can be the kick up the backside it needs to be and can become great timing to get everyone on board and playing how we all want them to.

Hopefully, anyway.

I would write the same if it was say, Dan Bentley or Freddy, had he been caught in a pub celebrating with the opposition after the worst defeat of a dreadful season.
And yeah, he is being judged on his actions, because if he had gone home or out for a meal with the girlfriend, logically, he wouldn't /couldn't be judged.
Context is everything.
Context is everything, and to add to this does anyone know for a fact that He didn’t tell Sol in advance that he was going to meet a player from Dover. Ok doubtful I know, but my point is we don’t know.

Ps- I don’t believe this for a second but It’s theoretically possible

Context is everything, and to add to this does anyone know for a fact that He didn’t tell Sol in advance that he was going to meet a player from Dover. Ok doubtful I know, but my point is we don’t know.

Ps- I don’t believe this for a second but It’s theoretically possible
We know now!
That's why he's been relegated to the U23s.

Lennon is probably a player that would have grown alongside an experienced player just like Bolger and Thompson did .The type of player Sol should be able to improve.
Anyway was looking to see what punishment a top club would give him and saw this list....unfortunately celebrating with opposition wasn't on the list along with training with the u23's

Interesting stuff.

Particularly on the body composition targets

I’m not sure it’ll be this thread or what’s happened to Harry Lennon that’ll put people off....it’ll be some of the other content from this or just about any post match thread that may make them think twice though....
I’ll counter your negatively with the below
I would hate to play for a team that gets beat 7-1 at home and receives a standing ovation from the crowd

I've seen the likes of Roy McDonough , Dave Martin ,Martin Ling & Ronnie Whelan loads of times out drinking with mates , sometimes opposition players and fans ( +hangers on) , just hours after games we lost. Games they even got sent off for punching players . Games they missed open goals or gave away penalties. I've even seen them get totally drunk , swearing and brawling in the same pubs.

Yet they are all still total heroes in my eyes.

The difference being some idiot didnt film it and slap it all over social media for the keyboard warriors to get all their knickers in a twist over.

I always used to go for beers with mates i'd played against - absolutely nothing wrong with that.
I remember one game trying to mark Gary Caldon ( he who got infamously elbowed in the face by Southend's Chris Ramsey vs Billericay ) --- I was good but he was top top quality and scored all 4 against us , yet after the game we went out with team mates from both sides and had a damn good banter about it . But did it mean i didnt play my hardest during the game? NO
Did it mean i disrespected the club i played for ? NO
Did it mean i should be kicked out of the club or had my contract cancelled ? NO , OF COURSE NOT !!!

So lets move on , stop abusing our own players and start to support our club positively FFS .

I'll be there cheering us on tonight. :LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter:

Come on , YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU MORE THAN EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our player has abused us, if you ask me.
He's disrespected the mores of suffering a bad defeat in which he contributed big-time.
And you're confusing going for a drink in the 1990s, now all but defunct, with celebrating a defeat - because that's what it was.
Someone earlier reckoned the meet might have been pre-arranged.
Is that worse?
Now, I know a thing or two about motivation, and managers scour everything to get their players up for it.
Lennon's mindset? He's about to face a mate, or mates with whom he's having a social later. It's not the same as trying to turn over a hated enemy.
Maybe it was thoughtless - but that's no defence. He's 24: he should realise what he's doing, and he was doing it to camera.

Last edited:
the worst thing here is we are in so much trouble on the pitch and the team and management should be 100% focused in n getting us out of this mess.
This appears to be a distraction Sol could do without. If he can somehow make a positive out of it then Brillant, but I am struggling to see how it will happen.

No! He's comparing situations, not players. Cantona did something much worse that Lennon and Fergie stood by him.

You can’t do that on this forum.....I compared how DeBruyne improved his decision making between playing for Chelsea and joining Man City by aging and maturing and was accused of comparing Hutchinson to DeBruyne ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back