• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's probably a really good player in Lennon, just needs a manager to bring it out. There must have been something about his ability to get him to the level he's at now. When Cantona kung foo'd the palace fan, fergie stood by him despite the calls for him to be flogged in the street. We all know how his career turned out at united. If I was Campbell I would look at this as an opportunity to improve this player.

I'll just point out that you have tried to compare Eric Cantona & Harry Lennon? :ROFL:

All true. I think people have had a down on Harry for some time, for some reason I am yet to work out. The defence have all been poor. He deleted his Twitter account about 3 weeks ago because people were trolling him on there back then.
In the context of a season where we’ve won one league game, have a -31 goal difference and look doomed to relegation of course players, especially defenders, will be dug out. I think Ralph and Kiernan have got equal stick but Lennon doing what he did Sunday was perceived by many fans to be a kick in the teeth. It was probably an excuse for many (myself included) to vent the frustration felt from this awful season. Dover was too much for many but I knew we’d lose, never thought we’d win. It’ll take Sol more than a few games to make an impact. I think the fitness of the players alone might make a difference, at least long term improve our injury record. Yes I was annoyed at the Lennon clip but Sol’s has his say, he’s been spoken to, we move on. I don’t agree with the continued digging, any kind of abuse of him on social media/his family or any other stuff where fans just take things too far.

I haven’t always been down on Harry at all and was actually hoping he’d come back from injury and do well and have a run in the team. I think in a few games he’s done ok. Maybe it’s his body language I have an issue with. I’d love him to be an Adam Barrett style fist pumping warrior and lead us out of this. But he looks forlorn and lost out there. That’s my frustration. I always want players to do well.

Whatever Zoners may think on Harry, he has been no worse as a defender that the rest of them, And at times he has been better than some. His actions after the game on Sunday were, at best, ill judged but the Club/Manager have acted on that and as a result and he now trains with the U23s and will not be considered for Wimbledon or Oxford. I reckon that will be the extent of his punishment and he will then come back into 1st team contention. As @Leigh Seasider says it's time to move on.

Maybe it is the right thing to do, take him out of the spotlight for a few weeks. 20 pages of comments mainly focussed on him shows the level of feeling among a few supporters. Sol and his team can work on rebuilding his confidence, be supportive and properly assess whether there is sufficient talent for him to do the job he is being paid to do.

For all we know Sol may well have taken him to one side and said “storm in a teacup - I’ll remove you from the firing line for the Micky mouse cup game, you work hard for the u23s and I’ll come out and publicly back you as having shown right attitude in training and I’ll have you back in the first team with your reputation enhanced.”

I know what will happen though. He will leave the club and play under another manager who will turn his fortunes around. Come back to the hall and score against us. Then all the fans will shout ' why did we let him go'!
he won’t

For all we know Sol may well have taken him to one side and said “storm in a teacup - I’ll remove you from the firing line for the Micky mouse cup game, you work hard for the u23s and I’ll come out and publicly back you as having shown right attitude in training and I’ll have you back in the first team with your reputation enhanced.”
Definitely think it's this. Lennon isn't great but we need him, and the fans seem trusting of Sol and his judgement, so I expect him to comment about Lennon in a positive way at some point in the future.

Lennon is only 24 and has the physical attributes necessary (and a fairly decent touch) to be a solid player in the future.

I still think holding onto Lennon is a mistake. There is tangible anger between the players & fans, keeping hold of him will only amplify that.

Only if people hold onto that anger and don’t just let it go and judge him on performances from here on in.

I can assure you certain players have done things this season that disrespect the fans club and teammates far worse than this - it just wasn’t on social media.

Let it go. Let Sol deal with it and it may be that he gets rid. But if he doesnt it’s because he thinks he’s an asset and in which case it’s in all our interests to get on with supporting

Last edited:
Imagine if Lennon makes another mistake like Sunday that directly leads to a goal... TOXIC

You know there are far worse offenders still in the game or retired

Adam Johnson Rape, Lee Hughes Death by DD, Joey Barton when playing twice assault,Eric Cantana Assault Ched Evans, Rape Tes Bramble Rape, Luke McCormack Death by DD, Nile Ranger Fraud

FFS just one moment of being caught on video in a Southend top with Dover players after a defeat, give the guy a break, he's not a killer nor robber, he's not the messiah, just a very naughty boy !!

UTS

There's probably a really good player in Lennon, just needs a manager to bring it out. There must have been something about his ability to get him to the level he's at now. When Cantona kung foo'd the palace fan, fergie stood by him despite the calls for him to be flogged in the street. We all know how his career turned out at united. If I was Campbell I would look at this as an opportunity to improve this player.

Lennon's had three managers at us alone. Would say he's proven he's not that great rather than "needing a manager to bring it out"

You know there are far worse offenders still in the game or retired

Adam Johnson Rape, Lee Hughes Death by DD, Joey Barton when playing twice assault,Eric Cantana Assault Ched Evans, Rape Tes Bramble Rape, Luke McCormack Death by DD, Nile Ranger Fraud

FFS just one moment of being caught on video in a Southend top with Dover players after a defeat, give the guy a break, he's not a killer nor robber, he's not the messiah, just a very naughty boy !!

UTS

Ched Evans' conviction was quashed and he was found not guilty in a retrial.

Lennon's had three managers at us alone. Would say he's proven he's not that great rather than "needing a manager to bring it out"

Arguably all three have picked him whenever he’s been fit..... That may be due to how poor others are in his position, lack of options or of course that they all think he’s a decent player.

Lennon is probably a player that would have grown alongside an experienced player just like Bolger and Thompson did .The type of player Sol should be able to improve.
Anyway was looking to see what punishment a top club would give him and saw this list....unfortunately celebrating with opposition wasn't on the list along with training with the u23's

Attachments

• 20191113_103647.png
    20191113_103647.png
    414.6 KB · Views: 53
Easiest thing in the world is to criticise. Cheap and easy.

Most of the arguments made against any of my posts are when I’ve tried to be positive or objective about some of the crap we’ve all seen this season.

If I’ve said a player isn't as bad as we are all making out or if the performance was better than most thought....usually backed up with some information and usually written after I watched the game again....

Much easier just to coat people and dig out. Any fool can see what’s not working....much more difficult to see why or understand what did work or what it would’ve achieved had it worked. Takes more effort and more thought.

On the whole I like the fact I try and be objective and give people chances. I get that frustrations boil over and people get angry or upset but some people just want to shout the loudest and wallow in telling everyone how crap it is and how it used to be better in the old days.

Careful you might just miss seeing something that was better than one of your heroes from the glorious 90s

Good to see you back ‘Viney

I am sure that will be the case, as we don't have a league match this weekend it's bought more time for things to blow over. Not being selected for tonight's match is hardly a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back