• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I’ve said before I’m the first one to like posts that resonate with me whether I agree with them or not.

And if anyone wants to take the time, check out my posts...a very large percentage of them are in defence of performances whether it’s be individually or as a team and normally try and add some rationale to the discussion.

This it seems is what winds people up the most....especially at the moment when I understand tensions are high but this place is like a frenzied shark infested pool of negativity anger and criticism.....

Sorry but I won’t just join that and I will carry on trying to be objective and trying to understand what why and how regardless of outcome with a degree of common sense and rational thinking. I make no apologies for that.

I understand people are different and have different opinions but I’m ****ed if I’ll sit quietly while people just throw abuse at players managers or teams just because they can’t clarify their own thoughts into something intelligible.

That’s a pity. I think I was clear that I believe you talk a lot of sense. If you’re surprised to see the opinions you’re seeing from football fans with a club in our position, I’d suggest you need to look at a few forums of other clubs. This one stands out for the respect posters show each other. People commented how they missed Grapevine’s views when he left. They didn’t miss his attitude. Being right is enough, surely.

No I’m not surprised with people’s opinions given the climate at all...and in many ways they are entitled to feel that way.

But I am surprised with their reactions to someone trying to be objective or positive about it though. Someone saying “come on it’s not that bad, there were good signs” or “he’s going to be a good player he has talent”

People seem to find that offensive or argumentative.....some even seem to think it’s bullying and need to stand up to it!!

Mental. I’ll go back to my first few posts....I just kept them brief and deliberately made them blunt.....no one took offence at them at all....

I’m honestly not sure if I’m flattered or insulted ?

I gave up posting (from memory) after the Peterborough game. It took all my enthusiasm completely. I didn't agree with sacking Powell and I didn’t watch another game.

I actually liked Bond and enjoyed the way he was trying to play....that didn’t help my popularity either....but I started watching again at Billericay

Just find it amazing that someone can think they have such superior knowledge and put everyone’s else’s down when they probably sit behind a desk 9-5 Monday to Friday working in Operations for a bank ?????

Seriously, guys. People digging out a poster for having an opinion, and generally backing it up?!! Isn't that what this forum is supposed to be about?

Sticking Lennon in the under 23's I feel is a massive mistake. What sort of message does this send to the other players? If you want to get the best out of Lennon, Campbell should support him. His only crime was standing in a pub on a Sunday afternoon after a match with some mates. I'm sure some of us on here have done that. If the player isn't performing its down to Campbell to correct it. Excluding him from the team isn't going to make him a better player.

Sticking Lennon in the under 23's I feel is a massive mistake. What sort of message does this send to the other players? If you want to get the best out of Lennon, Campbell should support him. His only crime was standing in a pub on a Sunday afternoon after a match with some mates. I'm sure some of us on here have done that. If the player isn't performing its down to Campbell to correct it. Excluding him from the team isn't going to make him a better player.

Only divine intervention could do that.

Maybe it is the right thing to do, take him out of the spotlight for a few weeks. 20 pages of comments mainly focussed on him shows the level of feeling among a few supporters. Sol and his team can work on rebuilding his confidence, be supportive and properly assess whether there is sufficient talent for him to do the job he is being paid to do.

The hope for that is long gone. Might eventually make us better though

I know what will happen though. He will leave the club and play under another manager who will turn his fortunes around. Come back to the hall and score against us. Then all the fans will shout ' why did we let him go'!

I don’t actually think Lennon played that badly Sunday. Yes he made a mistake getting too tight for the goal and got rolled and went to ground trying to correct it but overall he was solid. Look at him around the hour mark when he showed more desire than any other player all season to get out and press the ball and took one full on for his troubles. He dealt with Effiong who was their main threat all game too.

Poor Emile was as much to blame for the goal as being the biggest heaviest player on the pitch he miscontrolled the ball into him when it needed to be looked after.

Dieng (who was generally pretty good) didn’t cover himself on glory either when instead on getting across and denying the opportunity to dribble into the box he let the player come towards him, closer to goal and did that hands behind the back thing. He also let the guy beat him way too easy.

After that Bish got his angles wrong.....

That’s hardly a goal all down to one player - they rarely are.

There's probably a really good player in Lennon, just needs a manager to bring it out. There must have been something about his ability to get him to the level he's at now. When Cantona kung foo'd the palace fan, fergie stood by him despite the calls for him to be flogged in the street. We all know how his career turned out at united. If I was Campbell I would look at this as an opportunity to improve this player.

I don’t actually think Lennon played that badly Sunday. Yes he made a mistake getting too tight for the goal and got rolled and went to ground trying to correct it but overall he was solid. Look at him around the hour mark when he showed more desire than any other player all season to get out and press the ball and took one full on for his troubles. He dealt with Effiong who was their main threat all game too.

Poor Emile was as much to blame for the goal as being the biggest heaviest player on the pitch he miscontrolled the ball into him when it needed to be looked after.

Dieng (who was generally pretty good) didn’t cover himself on glory either when instead on getting across and denying the opportunity to dribble into the box he let the player come towards him, closer to goal and did that hands behind the back thing. He also let the guy beat him way too easy.

After that Bish got his angles wrong.....

That’s hardly a goal all down to one player - they rarely are.
All true. I think people have had a down on Harry for some time, for some reason I am yet to work out. The defence have all been poor. He deleted his Twitter account about 3 weeks ago because people were trolling him on there back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back