• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless of course going drinking with the opposition who've just beaten you whilst wearing your club attire is seen as being against the club's code of conduct.

Then he has done something wrong.

You actually don’t know that he was drinking....so that’s an unfair assumption. He was with friends that happen to be players he’s just played against....I can assure you that’s pretty common practice - at all levels

We are going over old ground...for 31 pages....I guess his agent his lawyer and / or the PFA will sort something. Although either way I don’t think he’ll play again now

I'm getting so fed up with this kind of bull****. As I understand it, he arranged to meet up with A friend in a pub local to where they both live for A drink. That one friend happened to have played for Dover. A situation then developed involving lots of other people which was not what was intended - the situation became out of Harry's control.

I think it's time people moved on from this, I really do, it's not helpful, in fact, it's quite harmful. He's been one of our strongest defenders - and, I know that's not saying much looking at where we are, but I think I'd rather him play than Kiernan or Ridgewell or Shaugnessy, at least he does genuinely try.
That’s a shame, listen to this one
when is that useless Lego head poor mans excuse for a defender **** house Lennon going to get booted up the arse on his way out of shutting the door. The club is been full of free loaders for years can you imagine king Kevin or AB out celebrating with the opposition falling over live on telly and being dumped out of the cup ? After only having 5 league points ?? No nore can I, I only wish I was in the pub with my pals when he rocked up in that tracksuits ... he would have worn a pint of Guinness over his head the usless **** house
the trouble with you is you get all starey eyed over anyone who plays for the club, yet you’re happy to work volunteering giving your all when all these ****ers are doing is laughing at us ...

You actually don’t know that he was drinking....so that’s an unfair assumption. He was with friends that happen to be players he’s just played against....I can assure you that’s pretty common practice - at all levels
You could put a glass eye to sleep, you’re as boring as a mark millighan compilation video on VHS, having said that, this is a fans forum where everyone is entitled to their opinion, so please , do carry on ...

You could put a glass eye to sleep, you’re as boring as a mark millighan compilation video on VHS, having said that, this is a fans forum where everyone is entitled to their opinion, so please , do carry on ...

Yep...always worth throwing a few insults around and then adding “it’s a fans forum...everyone is entitled...carry on....blah blah blah” to make your post look fair and reasonable.

The fact is the last two posts you’ve just written are a disgrace.

It was one Dover player not players and they probably are part of the same friendship group give the bloke a break for crying out loud you’d think he’d been on caught on camera burning the shirt necking straight vodka the way this has gone on

Oops ...thought he had.....:Blush:

IMO, clumsy by Mr Lennon in the extreme, especially in these days of filming/recording a "crash scene" are immensely popular.

He was in a pub. It is a safe assumption he was drinking. Be that tap water, coke, beer or turps. But that wasn't the point I was making, and you jolly well know it.

Thank you for your assurances, but you are not the only person on this board whose got experience of the professional and semi professional game.

He was in a pub. It is a safe assumption he was drinking. Be that tap water, coke, beer or turps. But that wasn't the point I was making, and you jolly well know it.

Thank you for your assurances, but you are not the only person on this board whose got experience of the professional and semi professional game.
Indeed. I am actually Robert Codner

This thread would not have got to over #600 posts if #34 were not from a single poster.
Keep it going folks.
Poor old Lennon, he seems to want to go quiet about it yet the longest, loudest most boring drone is from his own Joyce Davonport.

We are going over old ground...for 31 pages....I guess his agent his lawyer and / or the PFA will sort something. Although either way I don’t think he’ll play again now

Is his agent his lawyer then?

It is normal procedure in a work place discipline meeting to have a "union" (in this case PFA) rep involved.
Why won't he play again?
He is a young man who has been silly and unwise; end of story.

You don’t even know if he had 1 pint!! That’s how little we know about it ????

Also, I’ve lost major contracts at work and went and got ****ed with my boss ?

Going out the FA cup has nothing to do with it - he didn’t lose the game single handedly....Jesus there were four players at fault for the goal alone!

**Allegedly**
Lennon was holding one of Tombstone's many drinks as he was there and knows all ???

Tombstone it's my opinion. You're going to have to do a lot better than that to change it

Is his agent his lawyer then?

It is normal procedure in a work place discipline meeting to have a "union" (in this case PFA) rep involved.
Why won't he play again?
He is a young man who has been silly and unwise; end of story.

A little bit pedantic, but apologies for missing a comma.

However, most agents for all players will have a legal department if not legally trained themselves so it wasn’t entirely untrue either way. Cheers anyway.

He won’t play for us again was my point. But you’ve misinterpreted most things I’ve Sidney so I’m not surprised.

And yes, he was silly and it should’ve been end of. But despite you laying the blame on this thread being so long because of my 5% of posts it’s been the vitriol and over reaction that tells me being “silly” and the “end of it” weren't the point most posts made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back