• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can I ask that there is a "minutes silence" on this board at 11.20? If you can't be there to say goodbye, then just take a moment to remember a good man, a good friend and a Shrimper through and through.

Ha nice memory..all planned by the Welhams of course..RIP John..do you remember the white butcher's coats?

Last edited:
20120913212715.jpg

20120913204216.jpg

If anybody who could not attend wants a copy of the funeral order of service booklet, let us know by PM and we will post one off to you.

harryorderofservcie.png

As I've said on the other thread, what are the chances of getting a copy of Terry's eulogy for those that couldn't go? It was one of the best I've heard.

Thats correct old mate. I saw Mel last week and he confirmed he will be in attendance. Spoke to jaffa who will also be going, as will Rick, Ozzie, and myself for starters.
Think we should start a post for our memories of Harry. My favourite one was when we invaded Gillingham 40 years ago, and hundreds of us kicked the gates down and stormed across the pitch before the ground had even opened. All of a sudden, half of Kents plod were behind us, and somehow we all scaled the 10-12ft wall, and got back out onto the street.
All except poor old Harry, who could'nt scale the wall, for one reason or another, and hid in the cubicle in the mens toilets for god knows how long!.

Bbbl. I presume I met you there as I had a long chat with Mel, Ossie, and Jaffa, you must have been the other one! !

As I've said on the other thread, what are the chances of getting a copy of Terry's eulogy for those that couldn't go? It was one of the best I've heard.

Second that Kay - a fitting tribute. Today really couldn't have gone any better - well done to Terry and Ernie and the family for everything they did to organise a great send off to a truly great person.

Bye Harry and God Bless - how I wish I could wake up tomorrow and find this has all been just a bad dream :(

H

Bbbl. I presume I met you there as I had a long chat with Mel, Ossie, and Jaffa, you must have been the other one! !

If you were the guy i was talking to, when we were there on our own (i had the SUFC badges on my Harrington), then yes, that was me!.
The thing we both have in common, is that our first match at Roots hall, was against Aldershot in 1967!. And we also share the same first name! (i think).

I agree, today was a great turnout for a great bloke! A quite brilliant eulogy was given by Terry today, a true reflection of the Harry we know. It was great to see see the amount of people, both work, family and Shrimerzone friends that turned up for the service and the wake, this said a lot on how popular he was. He was taken from us too soon and now our eggheads team has no chance! ;-)

I'll be back in Southend next weekend, is there any sort of memorial where I can give my respects?

I've posted Harry's eulogy under a new thread titled Harry's Eulogy, for anyone that wants to read it.

Back