• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Has reality dawned on tilly..........

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
............OR, IS HE JUST PLAYING IT VERY COOL?
Just saw the post-match interview with Tilly and was interested to see his response when pressed about the chances of getting to the play-offs. He was being very coy, virtually not wanting to answer the question and the commentator even had to suggest that we will continue to take each game as it comes. So, was he trying to ease the pressure off his players or has he had a good look at the League table and realised that the task is virtually mission impossible?
Failing a collapse of dramatic proportions.....Leicester, Peterborough, MKD and Millwall are realistically.....out of reach. To catch any of these teams would require TWO miracles ....1) Us carrying on virtually unbeaten. 2) Whilst, at the same time, them going in to self-destruct mode.
That leaves us with Scunthorpe and Leeds......three and four points ahead of us with two games in hand. The former with the majority of games at home and the latter on a good run of form.
As I have already said, I think it is a tremendous effort that the season is still alive going into April..........today is almost as important to us as last night. MKD HAVE to get a result at Leeds and Scunthorpe HAVE to slip up against the Ewes.......AT LEAST ONE OF THESE TEAMS HAVE TO START DROPPING AWAY......PDQ!
For a couple of weeks I have been starting to getting this sneaking feeling, that even the famous 76 points will, sadly, not be enough..........
this afternoon will go a little way to answering these doubts.

It really hurts to think Millwall are up there, they weren't all that when we played, and nor were Peterborough. Someone said MK are on a downturn, and Scunny haven't done too well either recently. While there's still hope, then I, for one, won't give up.

As long as it's mathematically possible we should believe that the play-offs are possible.

Geoff+Schutt+pic+7-12-07+Believe.jpg

MKD have only got to get seven points from eight games to get to the magic figure of 76 points..........that would have to be some downturn! Like you, whilst there is still hope...
......etc etc...............but I'm certainly not setting myself up for a big disappointment.

I think Darren Ferguson is deluded though in thinking Peterborough will have the other automatic spot, which he's quoted all over the press today as believing.

MKD have only got to get seven points from eight games to get to the magic figure of 76 points..........that would have to be some downturn! Like you, whilst there is still hope...
......etc etc...............but I'm certainly not setting myself up for a big disappointment.

Don't forget we are playing them, but I think its tranny and Scunny we should be concentrating on anyway.

I dont think it will happen, we are running out of games.

I'm not giving up though!!

I think Darren Ferguson is deluded though in thinking Peterborough will have the other automatic spot, which he's quoted all over the press today as believing.

5 points clear of 3rd place 5 wins in a row (since we beat them!) why is that being deluded??

To be honest, I also think it's a bit arrogant, and he's a Ferguson and Barry Fry is there, just don't want them to go up basically.

Don't forget we are playing them, but I think its tranny and Scunny we should be concentrating on anyway.

I dont think it will happen, we are running out of games.

I'm not giving up though!!

Nor the team.........nor me........nor you........nor anyone else on here for that matter! I am just showing caution..............whereas some on here seem to believe in the hype of 76 points as all we have to do to reach the play-offs. I fear that could be a rather one-dimensional view.

Nor the team.........nor me........nor you........nor anyone else on here for that matter! I am just showing caution..............whereas some on here seem to believe in the hype of 76 points as all we have to do to reach the play-offs. I fear that could be a rather one-dimensional view.

We only have 6 games left thats the reality, winning them all is probably the only way we could garauntee being in the play-offs.

99% of people on here thought the season was over 8 weeks ago. The mere fact that with 6 games to go we still have a chance, even if small, is amazing.

I don't believe that we will make it to the play-offs, but if we can keep the dream alive for another 3 or 4 games it prolongs the season.

6 or 7 points from Huddersfield (A), MK Dons (H) and Northampton (A) is a tough ask.

99% of people on here thought the season was over 8 weeks ago. The mere fact that with 6 games to go we still have a chance, even if small, is amazing.

I don't believe that we will make it to the play-offs, but if we can keep the dream alive for another 3 or 4 games it prolongs the season.

6 or 7 points from Huddersfield (A), MK Dons (H) and Northampton (A) is a tough ask.

8 weeks ago I thought we were gonna be in a relegation battle!!

It really hurts to think Millwall are up there, they weren't all that when we played, and nor were Peterborough. Someone said MK are on a downturn, and Scunny haven't done too well either recently. While there's still hope, then I, for one, won't give up.
I actually tipped them for relegation when we played them away. Maybe a little over the top, but minimal ability from what I've seen, mid-table for me, but the table doesn't lie.

............OR, IS HE JUST PLAYING IT VERY COOL?
Just saw the post-match interview with Tilly and was interested to see his response when pressed about the chances of getting to the play-offs. He was being very coy, virtually not wanting to answer the question and the commentator even had to suggest that we will continue to take each game as it comes. So, was he trying to ease the pressure off his players or has he had a good look at the League table and realised that the task is virtually mission impossible?
Failing a collapse of dramatic proportions.....Leicester, Peterborough, MKD and Millwall are realistically.....out of reach. To catch any of these teams would require TWO miracles ....1) Us carrying on virtually unbeaten. 2) Whilst, at the same time, them going in to self-destruct mode.
That leaves us with Scunthorpe and Leeds......three and four points ahead of us with two games in hand. The former with the majority of games at home and the latter on a good run of form.
As I have already said, I think it is a tremendous effort that the season is still alive going into April..........today is almost as important to us as last night. MKD HAVE to get a result at Leeds and Scunthorpe HAVE to slip up against the Ewes.......AT LEAST ONE OF THESE TEAMS HAVE TO START DROPPING AWAY......PDQ!
For a couple of weeks I have been starting to getting this sneaking feeling, that even the famous 76 points will, sadly, not be enough..........
this afternoon will go a little way to answering these doubts.

As you have said for a few weeks now and your quite right not going to happen really.

The lads have done so well and I am delighted by the current form. Shame we didnt invest a little in the January window as I think a few extra quality players could have given us the boost we needed and pushed us further up there.

It's interesting to speculate whether Tilly will build a side for next season on three month loans?.........or has he learnt a valuable lesson? Doubt whether there are many on here that would disagree that, without the disintegration of the side following the initial loanees leaving, we would now be in the top six.

Back