• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
So folks, as the season draws to an end - next week being the last week of the regular season - how have our campaigns shaped up?

I'm on my way back up to Level IV, although I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to maintain my gates following promotion (shurrley shum mishtake...?!) - I've an average gate of 58,750 this season, and have had three consecutive 75,000 sell-out crowds to finish off the season.

My side is looking relatively settled, although I'm worried that as my players get a year older - most are early-to-mid twenties - I'll get a severe beating on the wages front.

So, although I've had a great season, I can't honestly say that I'm relishing promotion, largely because of how difficult it was last time I went up. That said, I've a better side this time round - I'm picking up ratings of about 230 Hat-stats, including a solid midfield rating and brilliant central defence, with about 64*.

Oddly, my central attack ratings are a relatively low formidable rating, but as a striker trainer with lots of kids on my books, I'm not too fussed about that. The training roster is:

Age.....Scoring.........Passing

25.......world class....inadequate (+ Titanic SP)
19.......outstanding...weak
19.......excellent.......weak
18.......excellent.......weak (+ Technical)
17.......excellent.......inadequate (+ Unpredictable)
17.......solid.............inadequate (+ Powerful)

(The players in bold are English as well, which is a bonus)

Need to work on those passing skills next season, I reckon...

:)

So, how have your seasons gone, and are you ready for the next campaign?

Matt

In a word, disastrous! My experiment of shifting to PM/Passing training whilst attempting to counter attack on 3-5-2 failed dismally and as a result our results have been all over the place.

Next season I’m giving in and will finally be buying myself a midfield and making sure I go up. Have started to sell off the existing players as they pop in passing, will be selling most of my midfield and wingers and trying to replace them with 3 titanic IM’s and a couple of new wing trainees.

My defensive line up is starting to age, all three will be 26 next season (having all been original 17yo trainees for us) but will try to get a couple more seasons out of them before replacing.

Hitting 230-240 most of this season. With the boost in midfield I think we’ll be up at around the 250-260 mark and should be up there as my main rival in the division is going to finally auto promote.

I'm 2nd in my IV, one point off the lead. However I doubt promotion awaits me as the top place plays a team who has gone bankrupt.

My hatstats are looking fairly healthy. I hit 285 earlier in the season on a PIN (albeit after consecutive PICs), normally getting around 250-270.

I've taken a hammering in the transfer market though, I recently sold a 19yo titanic winger for £500,000 and a world class defender for just £395,000.

My team is now all English (except one), and half of them have relevant specialities.

I'm getting promoted to V again, came straight back down last time but will be stronger next season. Will invest in 1 or 2 defenders, although I need a fresh batch of trainees.

I'm bored of training PM, tempted to do scoring but still stick with 3-5-2 in league games. Thoughts?

I'm going back to winger training, it gives you the most tactical flexibility which does for me seeing as training profits are so minimal these days.

I don't pay much attention to tactics in HT, or anything to be honest. I still haven't even looked at the staff I've hired, I just can't be arsed reading all up on it.

Never mind.

With this weeks 2-0 win it secures my place in level IV again next season. Looking to buy a decent keeper at the start of the next campaign and with a bit of luck will challenge near the top of the table. Looking to average at least 250 hatstats on PiN. Have switched back to training defending as bored with PM and i can't afford anymore hikes in wages!

An interesting youth academy pull this week, who according to my scout has excellent passing already at the age of 16 with inadequate scoring

Utter disaster. Relegated from Series IV and nearly bankrupt. 1 week left to get out of it and having to sell off the clubs silver. Watch this space.......

survived my div iv for another season. However finances are at a minimum and i've had to resort to putting most of my squad up for sale!tbh, i'm getting bored of ht anyway.

Dariusz Poprawa:
All that hard work paid off! His passing skill improved from solid to excellent.

Gregor Ehritt:
Training hard and no fooling around with his team-mates helped improve his passing skill from inadequate to passable.

Rowan Dielis:
His passing proficiency improved from inadequate to passable.
Show all events...

Loving that, can now sell Ehritt (a brilliant PM 19yo) and purchase my first Titanic IM.

Also booked myself a friendly in the Dom Rep, my 71st flag. Added our fed to the Hall of Cool:

Rank User Team Flags COOLNESS
1 TOPGNH GNH United 81 104135
2 BrockVH ShrimperZone FC 70 67984
3 Birri Rochford FC 70 57953
4 Bob_C FC Gambero 48 29033
5 chaco27saf Colorado Shrimpers 27 13582
6 AndyThorne Southend United FC 29 10323
7 Addbuck Beertown Shrimpers 26 6657
8 mattyreg Southend United Football Club 25 2978
9 Museshrimper Southend FC 14 678

Back