• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think its hard to compare our squad with Swindons asthey have ripped this league up at times, I really dont see our players being capable of that. Even in our uneaten run we never really played with any style. How many of our midfielders are honest capable of playing a deceng passing game ?

I dont like how we play, but its entirely possible if we tried to play football we would find ourselves lower that we are.
Got to agree with this. For me to many fans think Southend are better than they really are. How many games have we dominated this season, even when we went on a winning run, fans were saying football dire but ha three points. At times this season we have been outplayed by sides half way up the table, even a few near the bottom. Other than maybe three of our first eleven, the rest would be sitting on the bench, for any other top three side, imo of course.

We have enough quality in the side to get out of this **** league. I dont think any of the signings have been a waste of course there are dissapointments but to be fair them players have struggled with fitness or have struggled to adjust to PS continuing to change our formation game after game.

For the team to play consistently we need a set formation and go with it and that needs to be a 4-4-2 with 2 wingers playing!!!
We do have a very big squad right now but that will be cut in half when we go up the likes of,

Bentley, Gilbert, Prosser, Nesbitt, Woodyard, Asante, Paterson, Crawford and possibly even Corr will not be here anymore!!!

RIGHT NOW WE ARE STRUGGLING UPFRONT EITHER START FLOOD OR WE HAVE BROUGHT HIM IN FOR NOTHING OR BRING PATERSON BACK IN FROM THE COLD HE HAS A POINT TO PROVE AND BEFORE BEING SHIPPED OUT GOT A FEW GOALS LAST SEASON

Back