• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have you blubbed !

Winkle

Manager
Sittting at home yesterday, watching a film (Deep Impact) I suddenly started feeling a bit..... how does a 40 year old man say it... emotional. Am I starting some sort of mans change? This as happened a few times recently, and to say Im a bit perplexed is a understatement. Was in the car the other day and a certain song came on the radio that brought back some old memories and I started filling up..... what the f%cks wrong with me?
Has anyone else experiencd this? or am I turning into a big girly whuss!

I last cried in 1994. Part of me wonders if my tear ducts have given up!

I do occasionally get a bit moist around the eyes at a soppy film, but that's probably as far as it goes. Besides, the missus blubs enough for both of us - she's blubbed at EastEnders before. Women, honestly!

upside.gif

I cried when Spock sacrificed himself at the end of one of the Star Trek films.

I was 5 years old, but still...  
blush.gif

blush.gif

blush.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ Dec. 15 2006,13:11)]Sittting at home yesterday, watching a film (Deep Impact) I suddenly started feeling a bit..... how does a 40 year old man say it... emotional. Am I starting some sort of mans change? This as happened a few times recently, and to say Im a bit perplexed is a understatement. Was in the car the other day and a certain song came on the radio that brought back some old memories and I started filling up..... what the f%cks wrong with me?
Has anyone else experiencd this? or am I turning into a big girly whuss!
It must be an age thing.......

Been in my 40's for too bloody long now and I well up as often as a hormonal girl............

Decided to watch The Shawshank Redemption two weekends ago for the umpteenth time and for the first time ever the ending really got to me, and yes, I'm 44 so it is definitely an age thing.

I fear it's the same hormonal changes that come to guys of our ages that also tells hairs to sprout from every orifice except where the bloody stuff is needed most.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Dec. 15 2006,14:21)]Decided to watch The Shawshank Redemption two weekends ago for the umpteenth time and for the first time ever the ending really got to me, and yes, I'm 44 so it is definitely an age thing.

I fear it's the same hormonal changes that come to guys of our ages that also tells hairs to sprout from every orifice except where the bloody stuff is needed most.
sad.gif
Thats a film I havent watched in ages, It scares me to think what would happen if I put that on along with lassie come home or the champ, we would need the fire brigade round to start pumping out the water

Forrest Gump always gets me.
Not sure if it's becoming a Dad but it seemed a whole lot worse when he gets to meet Forrest Junior.

WAAAAAH WAAAAAH WAAAAAH

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Dec. 15 2006,14:32)]Forrest Gump always gets me.
Not sure if it's becoming a Dad but it seemed a whole lot worse when he gets to meet Forrest Junior.

WAAAAAH WAAAAAH WAAAAAH
Dont get me started on Forest Gump, truly without doubt the greatest film of all time, especially when he is standing over her grave "jenny, he is so smart" im going!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Dec. 15 2006,14:32)]Forrest Gump always gets me.

WAAAAAH WAAAAAH WAAAAAH
SPOT ON
Forest Gump
Tom Hanks at his best!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Dec. 15 2006,15:10)]The ending of Saving Private Ryan and the Green Mile.

Maybe it's somethng to do with Tom Hanks?
Not to mention Shaving Ryan's Privates........
tounge.gif

* DISCLAIMER * I wish to point out I have never witnessed the aforementioned film.

Last time I cried over a film I think was watching watership down. Watched it last Xmas with my neice and she didnt care but I was roaring my eyes out.
sad.gif

Back