• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have you blubbed !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Dec. 15 2006,15:23)]Last time I cried over a film I think was watching watership down. Watched it last Xmas with my neice and she didnt care but I was roaring my eyes out.  
sad.gif
Oh yeah, just remembered another one.
If it's crying at kids films you're after, Ice Age.
When the Mammoth sees the cave paintings of his dead family...... [sob, sob, sniff]

I was almost crying when that last chorus of "Feed the Goat and he will score!" echoed round the West Stand for that last time...

Hostel ..... when the mad German cut the guys tendons with a scalpel. I cringed so much my leg went into a spasm at the thought and I stubbed my pinky toe on the computer table. Christ that hurt and the tears fairly flowed
sad.gif

Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Can have you crying with laughter at one moment then the other kind the next, a tribute to the late great John Candy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Dec. 15 2006,15:23)]Last time I cried over a film I think was watching watership down. Watched it last Xmas with my neice and she didnt care but I was roaring my eyes out.  
sad.gif
Can't watch that film. Mrs CI-City Blue has never seen it, and I have refused for the last five years never to watch it again.

Rabbits getting killed? Cue the tears...

Sheesh! That's a relief, I thought it was just me. Any soppy sad ending, or soppy happy ending, or the Bristol City match, or at the final whistle of the Man U match....

sad.gif

crying3.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Plow @ Dec. 15 2006,19:00)]Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Can have you crying with laughter at one moment then the other kind the next, a tribute to the late great John Candy.
Yeah good call.love this film...personally...i think its an age thing as it starts to dawn on you that hitting 40 puts you in the last throws of youth and that thoughts of death and dying become more frequent. You become more suseceptable to the things that you value and seeing your kids turn into adults also you start to think about things like whats the best time of year to die etc etc...and you start to predict the final year maybe seeing off older generations of the family and friends and realising you getting nearer the front seat so to speak.....yeah i think as 40 + youre entitled to the odd blubber....Personally seeing tilly lead the boys out at the millenium stadium for the first time was a big moment for me.
sleepy.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Dec. 15 2006,15:10)]The ending of Saving Private Ryan and the Green Mile.

Maybe it's somethng to do with Tom Hanks?
Definetely agree with the ending of The Green Mile!

It doesn't actually make me cry (im far too manly for that!) but it is very emotional!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Dec. 15 2006,14:27)]armageddon... i cant believe bruce willis could die?!
it gets me aswell, being a father i can really imagine pushing my son back in the pod and sacrificing myself for him like willis does to afleck, and im 32 arhh im getting the 40 something problems far to early

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 15 2006,12:17)]I last cried in 1994.  Part of me wonders if my tear ducts have given up!
12 years? Blimey. I cried last month. It wasn't a full on blubb sesh, but it was more than just eyes watering.

Real men cry too!

12 years man. You emotionless git!
laugh.gif

Last Sat after Emma B was controversially eliminated from Come Dancing - incidentally I think I probably would come if I danced with her.
tounge.gif

Come on admit it everyone - the FIRST time you saw ET (on a pirated VHS counts double
biggrin.gif
) did you at least have one of those painful lumps in your throat ? I'm not crying. I'm not crying. Honestly.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles has to be one of my favourite all time films. Candy at his very best and Martin before he started thinking all he had to do was turn up on set to be funny.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Dec. 18 2006,21:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 15 2006,12:17)]I last cried in 1994.  Part of me wonders if my tear ducts have given up!
12 years? Blimey. I cried last month. It wasn't a full on blubb sesh, but it was more than just eyes watering.

Real men cry too!

laugh.gif
He works in law, what were you expecting?

[b said:
[b said:

Real men cry too!

laugh.gif
sad.gif

Honest, I have no idea why. Sometimes I think it might be quite nice to have a wee blub... It's not that I'm a passionless man, it's just that the tear ducts have gone on strike!

Oo.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 19 2006,10:05)]
[b said:
[b said:

Real men cry too!

laugh.gif
sad.gif

Honest, I have no idea why.  Sometimes I think it might be quite nice to have a wee blub... It's not that I'm a passionless man, it's just that the tear ducts have gone on strike!

Oo.gif
If you have kids... seeing the first one born should do the trick!

smile.gif

The scene in 'Crash' where the little girl thinks she is bulletproof and able to save her dad from a bullet and jumps in front of him brought a lump to my throat.

British spirit, tough upper lip and all that would stop me actually crying during a film, Id go make a cup of tea if need be. I dont drink tea either.

There is a scene early in Saving Private Ryan when Mother Ryan is going about her normal daily routine as an official vehicle pulls up outside the house. She opens the door just a priest steps out of the car; she collapses to the ground in shock knowing that this can only mean bad news about her sons fighting in Europe and the Pacific yet, unlike the viewer, she doesn't know that all but one of her sons has been killed in action - woah! Huge emotional moment for me!

Back