• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Heard a horrible rumor

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Support the Lads @ May 13 2004,10:14)]Clarky was never given the support he needed by so called supporters of Southend United. Clarky is and always will be a great player. Good Luck Clarky you will show them  
smile.gif
Perhaps that's so, Mrs. Clark...

tounge.gif

However, one's patience wore a bit thin with young Clarky. In particular, during the Yeovil game a few weeks ago, Clarky was brought on during the second half. I distinctly recall seeing, after only about 5 minutes after he'd come on, that he lost possession on the right flank.

Did he bust a gut trying to win possession back and do something with it?

Did he bollox. He trotted back; or rather, he ambled back - making no attempt whatsoever to get the ball. Talk about being your own worst enemy...

ghostface.gif

You can't help someone if they do not appear to want to help themselves... I hope he's a success wherever he goes, and if he rubs our faces in it, then fair play to him.

Somehow, alas, I fear a career in non-league football awaits our Clarky...

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ May 13 2004,10:33)]How can you support a player who has played hardly any games and when he does play performs about one in ten?
Hmm... are you talking about Clarky or Tes there...

rock.gif
ghostface.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ May 13 2004,10:33)]What drugs have you been taking?

How can you support a player who has played hardly any games and when he does play performs about one in ten?

I admit the fella did have some talent but rarely used it to be honest and for a club in financial difficulty like ourselves we could do without the likes of him.

Bring on more players like Bentley who will play with his heart on his sleeve and roll his sleeves up when the going gets tough, this is what we need to get out of this league.
Yes but whose fault is it that he didn't play many games? The supporters that gave him the abuse to start with.

With people like you who do nothing but criticise players it's a wonder any of them succeed.

Get behind every player and not just the one (Bentley)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Support the Lads @ May 13 2004,10:52)]Yes but whose fault is it that he didn't play many games? The supporters that gave him the abuse to start with.

With people like you who do nothing but criticise players it's a wonder any of them succeed.

Hmmm... since when did the fans get to pick the side?

And if you want a good example, look no further than Kevin Maher. Public Enemy #1 in his first season; now the captain, and the lynchpin of the side.

A player doesn't "make it" just because the fans happen to like him or not. He makes it if he's good enough.

And, frankly, I find one or two of your posts more than a little odd (e.g. well done to Leon, and all the other players who've left and been a success elsewhere).

What's your angle? What's your beef? You certainly don't appear to be getting behind those players who are here; you're just getting behind those players who are on their way or who have already gone...

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Support the Lads @ May 13 2004,10:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ May 13 2004,10:33)]What drugs have you been taking?

How can you support a player who has played hardly any games and when he does play performs about one in ten?

I admit the fella did have some talent but rarely used it to be honest and for a club in financial difficulty like ourselves we could do without the likes of him.

Bring on more players like Bentley who will play with his heart on his sleeve and roll his sleeves up when the going gets tough, this is what we need to get out of this league.
Yes but whose fault is it that he didn't play many games? The supporters that gave him the abuse to start with.

Are you his boyfriend or mum?

Anyway going back to Mr Clark i will always back a player if he works hard for the club but the true fact is that he is lazy and doesnt give a monkeys about the club hense after a while the fans got on his back and rightly so if he cant even be bothered to even chase the ball.

He like all players was given a chance but everyones patience comes to a point especially when the player is not proud to wear the shirt.

To be honest you sound like a Canvey mother on the sidelines at a under 10's game "leave my Clarky alone".
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 13 2004,11:00)]Hmmm... since when did the fans get to pick the side?

And if you want a good example, look no further than Kevin Maher.  Public Enemy #1 in his first season; now the captain, and the lynchpin of the side.

A player doesn't "make it" just because the fans happen to like him or not.  He makes it if he's good enough.

And, frankly, I find one or two of your posts more than a little odd (e.g. well done to Leon, and all the other players who've left and been a success elsewhere).

What's your angle?  What's your beef?  You certainly don't appear to be getting behind those players who are here; you're just getting behind those players who are on their way or who have already gone...

Matt
The fans picking the team has got to be better than the chairman picking the team?

You pay your money your entitled to your opinion but it doesn't give the players the incentive to play for you.

In football you make a lot of friends eg keeping an eye on players that have left the club and how well they do.

I wouldn't call travelling 180 miles for home games and going to all away ones not supporting the lads would you? We have a great team here so why split it up for next season?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 13 2004,11:52)]He's also an ex-hammer if my memory serves me correctly
And that matters does it?

So you hate Mark Warren because he played for Orient/Col U as well I suppose. How pathetic
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Support the Lads @ May 13 2004,12:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 13 2004,11:52)]He's also an ex-hammer if my memory serves me correctly

So you hate Mark Warren because he played for Orient/Col U as well I suppose. How pathetic  
mad.gif
And Tillys an ex-Marsh Rat
and Brush is an ex-orienteer  
mad.gif

It's a disgrace  
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ May 13 2004,12:14)]
[b said:
[b said:

mad.gif
mad.gif

It's a disgrace  
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif
EVERYONE OUT!

I never once saw Clarkey have a good game. Not once. Apparently he had a couple but I don't believe it.

Good decision by the club. I'd like to see most of the current squad still here next season but that doesn't mean keeping people who are blatently not good enough.

I can't believe we've managed to stretch this to four pages. He was an ok player, now he's gone. Never mind eh. Move on.......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 13 2004,12:15)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

mad.gif
mad.gif

It's a disgrace  
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif
EVERYONE OUT!
WHOAHH! Big reaction to that question that I actually accidentally disguised as a comment.

Nothing personal or West Ham related to do with his release. He never played, and when he did, he wasn't that great. Get over it or change your team to suit his.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 13 2004,13:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 13 2004,12:15)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

mad.gif
mad.gif

It's a disgrace  
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif
EVERYONE OUT!
WHOAHH!  Big reaction to that question that I actually accidentally disguised as a comment.

Nothing personal or West Ham related to do with his release.  He never played, and when he did, he wasn't that great.  Get over it or change your team to suit his.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

As Tilly said last night, we can accept pretty poor players at this level ... but if they dont give 110% ("Work there socks off") then there is no hope!

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 13 2004,13:23)]As Tilly said last night, we can accept pretty poor players at this level ... but if they dont give 110% ("Work there socks off") then there is no hope!

Kev
Surprisingly incisive for an ex-footballer.

Was that off the cuff or part of a speech?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Support the Lads @ May 13 2004,11:42)]In football you make a lot of friends eg keeping an eye on players that have left the club and how well they do.

I wouldn't call travelling 180 miles for home games and going to all away ones not supporting the lads would you? We have a great team here so why split it up for next season?
wow.gif

*MtS in defeated by Support the Lads' totally obtuse logic shocker*

Erm, what's your point, caller?  I certainly don't get what you're trying to say...

As for our team - it finished 17th in Div 3, in case you'd failed to spot that.  Not what I'd call "a great team".  OK, in the light of the start to the season we endured, we've looked really good.  But there's still some important changes - especially in defence, but also on the wings - which need to be made to the side before it's a great one.  In order to make those changes, some of the wage-bill has to be freed up - and that means that those players who haven't cut the mustard can say goodbye.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Support the Lads @ May 13 2004,11:42)]The fans picking the team has got to be better than the chairman picking the team?
You criticised the fans for getting on Clark's back; but I pointed out that we don't pick the team.  He picks himself by his ability, determination and hard work.  He might have the former, but he hasn't shown either of the latter two since he got to the club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Support the Lads @ May 13 2004,11:42)]You pay your money your entitled to your opinion but it doesn't give the players the incentive to play for you.
At our level, do our players need an incentive to play for us?  They get their wages; and they need to perform.  Or else it's the non-leagues.  I'd have thought that that was enough of an incentive.  Look at David Lee as a case in point - probably more talented than Clark, but (alas) with similar levels of application if we're brutally honest.  And now in the non-leagues.  It's a bloody waste.  But it's a waste entirely of his own making - and precisely the same goes for Clark.

As Thomas Edison said, genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration... and Clark simply hasn't been putting that 99% in.

Perhaps this will be the mother of all wake-up calls for him.  I hope so - it would be great to see him succeed at another League Club.  I have nothing but admiration and respect for Leon Johnson, for example.

I doubt it'll happen in Clarky's case, though - and as a business, we simply can't afford to be burdened with passengers like him.

Harsh, but fair.

ghostface.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 13 2004,13:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 13 2004,13:23)]As Tilly said last night, we can accept pretty poor players at this level ... but if they dont give 110% ("Work there socks off") then there is no hope!

Kev
Surprisingly incisive for an ex-footballer.

Was that off the cuff or part of a speech?

rock.gif
Well he didn't say the pretty poor players part but we know players aren't great as there playing at Divvie 3 level. He just said the main thing is that the players work hard for each other ... and you should get the rewards!

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 13 2004,13:57)]Well he didn't say the pretty poor players part but we know players aren't great as there playing at Divvie 3 level. He just said the main thing is that the players work hard for each other ... and you should get the rewards!

Kev
so you was economical with the truth then
58.gif

Back