• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Streaky

Manager⭐
Afternoon SZ'ers

If you get 2 minutes can you please vote to help Riverside Primary School receive £25,000 to repair, refurbish and reinvent the school swimming pool. By fixing the swimming pool we would be able to offer swimming lessons to all of the children at the primary school as well as the preschoolers, an extremely important life skill especially in a village that sits on a river.

We are up against a number of other worthy national projects, but would be great to get the power of Shrimperzone behind a local project.

https://foundation.onefamily.com/projects/swimming-pool/

We are only 40 votes behind the current leaders. Take 2 mins to vote (you can use Facebook or an email)

** Mods if inappropriate please remove**

Cheers
Streaky

pool.jpg

I remember raising money to open that pool when I went to Riverside school I swam in it the day it opened, must have been about 1974/75. Sounds like you could get the work done easily without needing £25,000. Must be one dad who could legally change a gas pipe and a couple that could relay the tiles.

If you was in the school swimming team you looked after the pool. We would arrive early for school and clean the and refill the footbaths, take off the cover etc. All unsupervised of course. Doubt those poor little 10 year olds have to suffer such hardships in todays world.

Also my old school and I've already voted. Really hope it wins but don't understand the 'it's near a river argument?'
Is this because there's a concern kids will fall in or because some might fancy a dip in the delights of the Crouch? (Genuine question)

Back