• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Help make this Sat one to remember

Bielzibubz

President
At the end of last season in the very last day against Brissy City a hell of a lot of supporters went out of their way to make it a game to remember. ie balloons, home made ticker tape, flags etc etc.

Can I suggest that we do the same for the forthcoming opening game of our first season back in the second tier of English football for a number of years. I know this is something that the club should really be looking at doing but as we all know thats highly unlikely to happen. I wouldn't be making this suggestion if we were still plying our trade in League 1 but I see this Saturdays game as the start of something special in the history of our beloved club and think the more we can do as supporters to acknowledge this and raise the atmosphere level the better.

Any suggestions? thoughts?

Streakers - painted blue and white!

Just a thought.

wink.gif

Good shout, but I have a feeling the atmosphere could be even flatter than some matches last season. Now we have 6,500 season ticket holders the people that like to get behind the team with vocal encouragement might be even more spread about the ground. We will probably have a much lower crowd (about 9,000?) than the Bristol City game as well.

The only thing that might make the atmosphere better at Roots Hall this season is the larger away support. Some of these Championship fans can make quite a noise, so it might spark our fans into life.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ Aug. 01 2006,12:49)]Some of these Championship fans can make quite a noise, so it might spark our fans into life.
I was thinking the other night about the recent Real Football Factories series on Bravo & it struck me how many of the teams featured are Championship clubs this coming season. E.g. Leeds, Cardiff, Sheff Weds, Hull, Leicester, Derby, Wolves, Birmingham etc etc etc

A few of our mouthy chav element are either going to need to take out BUPA cover or learn to shut it when the bigger boys come calling!

Yeah should be a party atmosphere, as we r 100 years old.

Also bring the big boys down here, they wont be smashing our town up.
cool.gif

Party atmosphere I can agree with...as for bring the big boys down here...yeah right!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The only thing that might make the atmosphere better at Roots Hall this season is the larger away support.  Some of these Championship fans can make quite a noise, so it might spark our fans into life.

If away fans make a lot of noise this can sometimes create a tense and quite atmosphere from us lot.....this has happened too many times in the past.

So to counter this, every Blues supporter should get into Millenium mode....flags, air horns, Balloons etc and create as much noise as possible both outside and inside the ground.

If we go to every game with this mindset (like a cup final) then our boys will sense this and respond.

We need people to organise this "party approach"....get in touch with the Echo, BBC Essex and the club to make Saturday extra special.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Aug. 01 2006,15:21)]Look at this...

Here

Let's give it a go....

smile.gif
Hmmm... I think the loudest 'roar' will be one of the clubs with the largest crowd, not hard to work that out. I can't see our 9,000 crowd troubling the judges
rock.gif

It should be when your team scores rather than when they enter the pitch. If so our 'roar' when we scored against Bristol City last season was one of the loudest at Roots Hall for many a year.

I'm up for a load of blue balloons, as well as vocal support. Might be able to get my hands on a couple of hundred blue balloons for saturday ( I was the bloke dishing them out on the Intercity on the way down to and in the ground at Swansea). May need a hand dishing some out at the Hall though!

I reckon the Stoke fans will help the atmosphere.

In the early 90's I found myself up in Liverpool on a business trip and with now't better to do in the eve took in an early League Cup round game, Liverpool v Stoke.

The Stoke fans that night, despite the then inevitable defeat to Liverpool, were amongst the most vocal I have ever experienced. Their rendition of 'goodnight Irene', a most unlikely of footie songs, was truely memorable.

I am sure that with more numerous and often traditionally more vocal away followings the SUFC fans will respond well and help to create a great atmosphere this eve.

Up the Blues

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ Aug. 01 2006,22:52)]I reckon the Stoke fans will help the atmosphere.

In the early 90's I found myself up in Liverpool on a business trip and with now't better to do in the eve took in an early League Cup round game, Liverpool v Stoke.

The Stoke fans that night, despite the then inevitable defeat to Liverpool, were amongst the most vocal I have ever experienced. Their rendition of 'goodnight Irene', a most unlikely of footie songs, was truely memorable.

I am sure that with more numerous and often traditionally more vocal away followings the SUFC fans will respond well and help to create a great atmosphere this eve.

Up the Blues
I think you will find Stoke had some of the most vociferous fans in the country at one stage, especially during the late 60's and during the 70's. They did make quite a bit of noise at their old ground, not so sure what they are like at the new ground.

One of their most famous chants was 'We all live at the back of City End' sang to the tune of the Yellow Submarine.

Back