• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

HELP NEEDED - Ipod and Itunes problems

Westcliff Shrimper

Director of Footballs⭐
Hello all,

I have approx 4000 songs on my Ipod, but the hard drive on my PC where all my music was saved, crashed and became unrecoverable. Have now fixed my PC but whenever I connect my Ipod through Itunes, it wants to sync and wipe my Ipod.

Is there a way of getting all the MP3's off the Ipod onto my PC, and then reloading them into my Itunes?

BTW - I now back up my Hard Drive on a weekly basis...

Disable sync to start with.

Step 1. Plug iPod into computer via the USB cable. Then launch iTunes.
Step 2. iTunes shows the information of your iPod. Find "Options" and check "Enable Disk Use".
Step 3. Open "My Computer", and double click "My iPod" to open it.
Step 4. Click "Tools" in the toolbar. And then click "Folders > View" and tick "Show hidden folders and files".
Step 5. Open "My iPod > iPod_Control" and then you will find all the songs of your iPod in that folder. Select the songs, copy and paste them to your computer.

There's a third party tool that I bought for a few quid that takes all the songs from your Ipod and saves them on a HD. I'll look at the name of it when I get home.

Edit: It's ICopyBot.

Last edited:
Back