• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Help Save our Southend - Donate Now

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
The Trust can now advise that we are accepting donations online by Credit/Debit Card.
The Donate Bucket features on every page of the Trust Website www.shrimperstrust.co.uk.

We also have a dedicated Save Our Southend United Appeal Webpage which can be found by clicking here. This page gives details on the allocation of funds raised etc.

Nice one. I'll have a whip round after my saturday game and see if I can get some money.

What exactly are we donating towards? Are the SUSCT going to make a bid or something? I think we've all given enough money to our club, it's not our fault they can't manage it.

The Trust statement says "All monies raised will be used to either invest in the club or loan funds to the Administration to pay key bills (e.g. players’ wages, ongoing VAT, Income tax and National Insurance bills, etc.). If the club do not enter Administration any funds gathered will be held in our fighting fund and used for the future benefit of Southend United."

The Trust, and collectors, need to make sure that the message gets across to those who are asked to donate - the donation is going to the Trust, NOT the Club.

What exactly are we donating towards? Are the SUSCT going to make a bid or something? I think we've all given enough money to our club, it's not our fault they can't manage it.

There is a strong possibility that Southend United will go into Administration on 4th November if outstanding debt to Her Majesty's Revenue Commissioner not met. This will immediately result in a 10 point deduction, effectively making us bottom of the league. The worst case scenario is that if Administrator does not see the club as a going concern the club could be wound up, Roots Hall and Fossetts Farm sold and a new Southend United would have to "rise from the ashes" but start at the bottom of the FA Pyramid (e.g. Aldershot. Halifax, Scarborough AFC Telford, etc.). Our fund raising efforts are to help keep our beloved Southend United afloat but more importantly retain our position in the Coca Cola League. The funds could help towards playing players wages, paying local suppliers, etc. The funds could also be used to buy the club and for the Supporters to run (e.g. Northampton town, Lincoln City, Exeter City, etc.)

The money being raised is going to the Trust not the Club to be used as we see fit after consultation with Supporters Direct

The worst case scenario is that if Administrator does not see the club as a going concern the club could be wound up, Roots Hall and Fossetts Farm sold and a new Southend United would have to "rise from the ashes"

As the club does not own Roots Hall or Fossetts farm they would not have to be sold. Other than players the club only own (at most) fixtures & fittings, football kit and items in the club shop. The sale of which would just about (with a following wind) cover our HMRC debts. However HMRC would have to compete with our other creditors i.e. Ron for the money. Shades of Leeds do I hear?

The worst case scenario is that if Administrator does not see the club as a going concern the club could be wound up, Roots Hall and Fossetts Farm sold and a new Southend United would have to "rise from the ashes"

As the club does not own Roots Hall or Fossetts farm they would not have to be sold. Other than players the club only own (at most) fixtures & fittings, football kit and items in the club shop. The sale of which would just about (with a following wind) cover our HMRC debts. However HMRC would have to compete with our other creditors i.e. Ron for the money. Shades of Leeds do I hear?

That's assuming that after going into admin the tax debt claimed by HMRC was restricted to the 2007 debt and not for the total amount outstanding (said to be around £2.1 million)

The Trust statement says "All monies raised will be used to either invest in the club or loan funds to the Administration to pay key bills (e.g. players’ wages, ongoing VAT, Income tax and National Insurance bills, etc.). If the club do not enter Administration any funds gathered will be held in our fighting fund and used for the future benefit of Southend United."

The Trust, and collectors, need to make sure that the message gets across to those who are asked to donate - the donation is going to the Trust, NOT the Club.

this answers an very important question because i was wondering exactly this. we need to get this message across.

I was put off because i didn't know what would happen to money i donated and wanted to make sure it got no where near the pockets of martin. he has had enough of our money.

Col Utd fan in peace

Tomorrow (once im Paid) i will be making a donation to the trust appeal, its not the fans fault the club is where it is and for me whilst i may enjoy your failings on the pitch i would rather there was a southend united there for us to have a rivalry with.

Hope u lot can get out of it(although a 10 point deduction wouldnt go down to bad at our end of essex;))

Col Utd fan in peace

Tomorrow (once im Paid) i will be making a donation to the trust appeal, its not the fans fault the club is where it is and for me whilst i may enjoy your failings on the pitch i would rather there was a southend united there for us to have a rivalry with.

Hope u lot can get out of it(although a 10 point deduction wouldnt go down to bad at our end of essex;))

How very sporting of you.

Hope we are still around to smash you over X-mas:p (albeit with our youth team)

Col Utd fan in peace

Welcome to the Zone, as a rival fan we appreciate your views and your offer of money.
It is surprising the number of fans from other clubs who have offered their support --- even the sensible people from N Essex.

Col Utd fan in peace

Well said mate and welcome to SZ. The main thing that I have found encouraging is the messages of support from other fans & clubs. The true football supporter truly doesn't want to see a fellow club & local rival go down the toilet.

Link duly forwarded on to the Brisbane Roar forum over here.

Libs, can you try and get it on to Spinner somehow?

Col Utd fan in peace

Well said and welcome - this is when you find out who your real friends are

Libs, can you try and get it on to Spinner somehow?

Well said and welcome - this is when you find out who your real friends are

If I had a contact for him I would certainly try. I'll see if I can track down his business over here and try via there. He's down in Sydney so can't just pop in to see him but will try my best.

All

This is Spinner's company -

http://www.lovefootball.com.au/

Am happy to try and contact him myself through this, however it may be best coming from The Trust themselves?

Will leave it up to you, if you'd like me to try and make contact as I'm on this side of the world then will be happy to. However it will only be via email the same as you as he's still an hours flight away from me so can't just pop in there in person.

Thanks

Back