• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hitler Martin at it again,

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 11 2005,16:45)]This year Martin realises Flavs has got us promoted and given him an incentive to stay. Could have been disasterous if Flavs had moved on and the injury prone juggler was left as No.1!
Prove it.  Give me the figures and the evidence.

Otherwise, one can only deduce that:

a) either Flahavan is rubbish and has accepted a low offer because that's all he's worth (and he knows it);

b) or Nicky, Dudders and Connie are greedy, have tried to play the club off against someone else for more money, and have been told to sling their hook.

That's a fair assessment, isn't it?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Museshrimper @ July 11 2005,16:23)]Could Wiggy be the biggest faggot ever? I thought supporting a football club meant that you SUPPORT them
rock.gif
 must've been mistaken.
What a gross insult to Faggots!

wow.gif

'The Faggot Family' of Wolverhampton would be most insulted to be compared to Wiggy....

BBC: The Faggot Family

Wiggy, you also seem to forget it was RM's hard ball tactics that got Dudders to sign for us in the first place from under the noses of Yeovil. I recall a lot of people on this site having a go at RM at the time saying that his negotiating skills were poor and that Dudders wouldn't sign if he was treated like that.

As it turned out RM was right and a lot of people on here were wrong; Dudders did indeed sign for us.

If RM has made a decision I for one am prepared to believe he knows more about a) the situation as a whole and b) negotiations than you.

He is after all a successful business man and (I suspect) you are not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 11 2005,16:45)]This year Martin realises Flavs has got us promoted
What utter cr@p, Flahavan played pretty well when he came in but Bart was playing alright before he got injured. To say Flahavn "got us promoted" is complete to55!

All credit to Ron, he's prepared to pay decent money to players who deserve it (as is shown by the fact we are still in the Beckett race) but isn't so stupid as per previous Chairmen we've had who'd quite happily pay out vast salaries for players who don't warrant it (much as I'd have liked Dudfield to stay, I'm glad Nicky's gone). Good to know we finally have a COMPETENT BUSINESSMAN in charge of our beloved football club.

I'd rather have people who'd rather play for the club than mercenaries

I'd rather the club not overreach themselves and find ourselves in Leeds etc's position.

Wiggy,

One further point. You call Ron Martin "Hitler Martin", is there any particular reason for this?

Is this recognition of Ron Martin's astute handling of Southend United's finances, which you think mirrors that of Hitler's "economic miracle" that saw Germany's economy (which had been ravaged by the great depression) transformed?

Whilst I think both did a superb job in turning around the financial position of Germany and Southend United, I think their methods vary. Hitler's economic policy was a typical Keynesian attempt of using public works and then later re-armament to stimulate the economy. Ron Martin's approach was primarily to cut unnecessary costs and although he has repeatedly backed his manager's judgment with cash (Dudfield, Eastwood, Bentley, Guttridge etc all signed for cash) the emphasis has been one very much on controlling cost and therefore creating a more sustainable growth than that acheived by Nazi Germany.

Would you care to comment?

Could do with a poll, Do you think Martin is too tight with wages or not?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ July 11 2005,17:28)]Wiggy,

One further point. You call Ron Martin "Hitler Martin", is there any particular reason for this?

Is this recognition of Ron Martin's astute handling of Southend United's finances, which you think mirrors that of Hitler's "economic miracle" that saw Germany's economy (which had been ravaged by the great depression) transformed?

Whilst I think both did a superb job in turning around the financial position of Germany and Southend United, I think their methods vary. Hitler's economic policy was a typical Keynesian attempt of using public works and then later re-armament to stimulate the economy. Ron Martin's approach was primarily to cut unnecessary costs and although he has repeatedly backed his manager's judgment with cash (Dudfield, Eastwood, Bentley, Guttridge etc all signed for cash) the emphasis has been one very much on controlling cost and therefore creating a more sustainable growth than that acheived by Nazi Germany.

so basically, Ron's a Monetarist? Interesting.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 11 2005,17:32)]Could do with a poll, Do you think Martin is too tight with wages or not?
Please feel free to start one wiggy....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 11 2005,16:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 11 2005,16:45)]This year Martin realises Flavs has got us promoted and given him an incentive to stay. Could have been disasterous if Flavs had moved on and the injury prone juggler was left as No.1!
Prove it.  Give me the figures and the evidence.

Otherwise, one can only deduce that:

a) either Flahavan is rubbish and has accepted a low offer because that's all he's worth (and he knows it);

b) or Nicky, Dudders and Connie are greedy, have tried to play the club off against someone else for more money, and have been told to sling their hook.

That's a fair assessment, isn't it?

rock.gif
1 hour later, and no response from her...

I take it you'll be dishing up tripe again for tea this evening, wiggy?

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ July 11 2005,17:44)]I'm convinced that this wiggy thing is a wind-up. Best that its ignored from now on ...
i actually agree with you on this Kev, i was close to biting. However on reflections thats what the muppet is after
rock.gif

I have always thought that the 'Wiggy baiting' was a little over the top on this site but this thread justifies all the criticism he has received. Nic is a 'might be' man and quite frankly if he has found pastures new then good luck to him. If RM has the sense to offload him well and good. If it was done because the club had their sights on someone else then so what? Thats life, thats business. When Wiggy gets a life he might find the time to understand business.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ July 11 2005,18:14)]If it was done because the club had their sights on someone else then so what? Thats life, thats business.
What about if a player sees another employer offering more money? That's life, that's business...

Except we'd all be screaming blue murder and 'traitor' and the like...

*NB: I don't agree with Wiggy one iota, but the above argument by rabbloke works both ways - equally.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ July 11 2005,17:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ July 11 2005,17:44)]I'm convinced that this wiggy thing is a wind-up. Best that its ignored from now on ...
i actually agree with you on this Kev, i was close to biting. However on reflections thats what the muppet is after  
rock.gif
Exactly - no reply on this thread from me!

D'oh!!!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ July 11 2005,18:28)]Wiggy,

Oh, come on, HKB!!

Do you really think that Wiggy has the necessary intelligence to even understand what you have suggested?!

In fact, do you really think that Wiggy understood what she meant by implying that Ron Martin is akin to "Hitler"?!

I think you that the answer to both questions is very much in the negative.

Unfortunately Wiggy leads a very sad little life and feels the need to come on to this message board and create a little bit of havoc before disappearing off to her cupboard and laying low for a while. We should all be very compassionate of the fact that this poor little soul seems to have nothing better to do with her life than to attempt to antagonise just about anyone she comes into contact with. A sad little person indeed. But what fun reading the b.o.l.l.o.c.k.s that she posts every now and then ... ?!

WS

Your the SAD lot, it's all very well being a SUFC supporter but a message board where everyone of you licks up to the management is pathetic. Don't dare say something negative about the club you might become an outcast, even the overseas are scared to say anything slightly controversial and they don't even come to Cardiff, prefering to sip Sangria!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 11 2005,19:36)]Don't dare say something negative about the club you might become an outcast, even the overseas are scared to say anything slightly controversial and they don't even come to Cardiff, prefering to sip Sangria!
laugh.gif

Back