• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hitler Martin at it again,

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 11 2005,20:36)]Your the  SAD lot, it's all very well being a SUFC supporter but a message board where everyone of you licks up to the management is pathetic. Don't dare say something negative about the club you might become an outcast, even the overseas are scared to say anything slightly controversial and they don't even come to Cardiff, prefering to sip Sangria!
What's the matter, love? Time of the month?

Actually that correlates well with Wiggy's appearances and disappearances ... it's obvious that it's a hormonal thing!

WS

biggrin.gif

Thats rude and hurtfull, your getting so like Spanish men!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]slightly controversial and they don't even come to Cardiff, prefering to sip Sangria!
Aimed at Mike I belive well if you took time to get to know anybody on this board you would know that moving to a diffrent country does not come without a price tag sometimes the security of ones family would come higher then their football team! and somtimes financial constraints write the story!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ July 11 2005,19:58)]If Martin is so tight, why is it reported that he is bidding 175,000 for beckett...?
Have to agree with you there Mr SCAMPS.....wrapped up in a nutshell !!! Wait and see who we bring in JEFFS, more than likely to be better replacements to niccy & dudders...!

We've got a wage budget we're working to and every penny extra the club gives out of that budget to one particular player obviously takes away from the kitty for bringing new guys in. Thats why the players who would be at the fringes of the squad (Nicolau, Wilson, Dudfield) are receiving contract offers which are below what they would like. Dudfield was signed as #1 striker, 15 months later he's only #4 striker so his new contract offer has reflected that. I really want him to stay, but I understand the logic behind SUFC's decision.

It was the same with Constantine last year. We could have shelled out the £1,500 a week or whatever he wanted and he'd have stayed, but Tilly & RM didn't think he'd be worth that so they refused to pay it and the money we saved went on paying the wages for replacement players. Its not really being tight, its good financial management.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 11 2005,19:36)]Your the  SAD lot, it's all very well being a SUFC supporter but a message board where everyone of you licks up to the management is pathetic. Don't dare say something negative about the club you might become an outcast, even the overseas are scared to say anything slightly controversial and they don't even come to Cardiff, prefering to sip Sangria!
Wiggy if you have a problem with the running of the club, do as i did and contact Ron Martin rather than spouting your mindless drivel on a message board which is becoming tiresome and quite frankly boring.

Or as i suspect you are an attention seeking sad individual who has no life, friends or other entertainment than gettting a reaction from a group of people that like to discuss SUFC (Not just slag them off)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ July 11 2005,20:30)]Wiggy if you have a problem with the running of the club, do as i did and contact Ron Martin rather than spouting your mindless drivel on a message board which is becoming tiresome and quite frankly boring.
Or even better save all of us the effort of explaining simple concepts and enrol on Business Management course - Seevic must do an NVQ in it or something??

Even the most rudimentary course would give you the required nous to see the monumental bollax you have been espousing...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 11 2005,18:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ July 11 2005,18:14)]If it was done because the club had their sights on someone else then so what? Thats life, thats business.
What about if a player sees another employer offering more money? That's life, that's business...

Except we'd all be screaming blue murder and 'traitor' and the like...

*NB: I don't agree with Wiggy one iota, but the above argument by rabbloke works both ways - equally.
I quite agree it does work both ways and we have had several instances of this in recent seasons. It may not appear ethical but what has ethics got to do with business. Its the fans who judge from the heart and the clubs (in theory) that act from the brain. I am sure it would not be the case in Utopia or in the wonderous lands so finely penned by Enid Blyton's The Faraway Tree but in this mirky and seedy existence ethics are an ideal and not a reality.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 11 2005,19:36)]Your the  SAD lot, it's all very well being a SUFC supporter but a message board where everyone of you licks up to the management is pathetic. Don't dare say something negative about the club you might become an outcast, even the overseas are scared to say anything slightly controversial and they don't even come to Cardiff, prefering to sip Sangria!
I do not lick the managements anal hairy bits and am quite capable of being critical when the whim takes me. I am a free spirit gliding in and out of this site like a spectre. Carefree and unaccountable. Never shaken or stirred ( ok Btd just the once). I flow effortlessly through the threads like a meandering stream or gentle summer zephyr. You ought to try it, it beats clumping around in elephant boots!
cool.gif

laugh.gif

This whole thread has been highly entertaining!! Wiggy clearly has some issues, from what I read the only direct reply made was the one to XS (whom she insulted first anyway...!)

I wonder if perhaps we should have another poll..... is Wiggy deliberately being controversial to see who bites or is she really that ignorant about matters surrounding SUFC?

I'm not even gonna address the original post because I don't want to waste my time discussing complete bollix..!
wink.gif

I have to agree with everyone that Wiggy is just a sad person who enjoys making threads like this in order to see who will bite, but I really have to say something here.

Wiggy, about your reference to Hitler in the title of the thread, I would like to hear your reasoning for the comparison of one of the most evil men the world has ever seen, to our chairman. Hitler was responsible for the extermination of 6 million Jews and for starting the most destructive war in history. Ron Martin, on the other hand, has just overseen Southend's promotion. I'm struggling to see a comparison between the two. The only thing that you have accomplished by making the comparison is proving once and for all, that beyond any doubt you are a complete jackass.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chaco27saf @ July 12 2005,09:10)]I have to agree with everyone that Wiggy is just a sad person who enjoys making threads like this in order to see who will bite, but I really have to say something here.

Wiggy, about your reference to Hitler in the title of the thread, I would like to hear your reasoning for the comparison of one of the most evil men the world has ever seen, to our chairman.  Hitler was responsible for the extermination of 6 million Jews and for starting the most destructive war in history.  Ron Martin, on the other hand, has just overseen Southend's promotion.  I'm struggling to see a comparison between the two.  The only thing that you have accomplished by making the comparison is proving once and for all, that beyond any doubt you are a complete jackass.
Hear hear
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ July 12 2005,01:20)]Wiggy clearly has some issues, from what I read the only direct reply made was the one to XS (whom she insulted first anyway...!)
Ah, but wiggy has been flirting with XS for yonks.

tounge.gif

On reflection, this site needs wiggy.  Controversial, perhaps, but we do need someone who is constantly criticising.  She is the ying to the majority's yang... and in life there must be balance.

So, keep up the randomly critical and totally unsubtantiated work, wiggy.  Life would be pretty dull otherwise.

biggrin.gif

Although, I am bound to agree with our learned American friend. Comparing Uncle Ron to one of the most evil men in history is pretty low... you should be ashamed of yourself.

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]On reflection, this site needs wiggy.

So come on then Wiggy, tell us who you really are.

Surely you can't really call yourself a Southend supporter. You've never said anything positive, and only come out of your shell when something negative happens.

This isn't a real person, it can't be....it must be Tony the Kray.

[b said:
Wiggy, there is nothing wrong with being controversial and speaking your mind. You have every right to do so. What I object to, however, is that you try to dress your opinion up as fact and when people dispute your "facts" you have no proof.

Back