• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was them I would have waited until the bridging loan finance was finalised. It’s all we want to hear. But everyone wanted a statement. So we have one- but before it is able to contain the very thing we wanted a statement for- pointless really.

Reading this statement is concerning. I think we need consistent updates now as this has provided a lot of worry for us supporters. It can’t be a case of another statement in a few weeks, we need regular communication.

What ever he did is wrong here no statement people moan. A brief one with no info we moan both rightly btw think he’d be better shutting up until funds in place .
He'd be better off telling the truth for a change! He said back in October the bridging loan was few weeks away and we are now in January with the club potentially going out of business. What the **** is going on? We as fans deserve to know the truth!

Reading this statement is concerning. I think we need consistent updates now as this has provided a lot of worry for us supporters. It can’t be a case of another statement in a few weeks, we need regular communication.
It’s can’t be concerning as it doesn’t say anything. It’s a statement for statements sake. Pointless and more regular pointless statements are of no value.

What ever he did is wrong here no statement people moan. A brief one with no info we moan both rightly btw think he’d be better shutting up until funds in place .
Correct, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
It doesn't help when the hierarchy of this site are the first ones out with the pitchforks and torches, stirring up the angry crowd amongst us.

Correct, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
It doesn't help when the hierarchy of this site are the first ones out with the pitchforks and torches, stirring up the angry crowd amongst us.
Well, if he actually bothered giving a meaningful update then people wouldn't be complaining.

When you may not have long to survive more and more regular DETAIL is critical. To be fair Ron said there will be another statement update. It needs to be soon and maybe ongoing though and not be afraid to contain as much detail as possible

Communication is critical.
Although everything happening cannot be shared every moment of every day with us supporters, the more we are included, the more we are likely to help to maintain and develop our support, and follow the vision, Good communication also eliminates the need for gossip.
Gossip and discontent doesn’t form in an environment of FREQUENT and open communication.
Transparency is a powerful tool of great leaders.
They don’t manipulate and they don’t hold back. They share new information early in the process and even encourage feedback. Great leaders know that honest feedback will prevent mistakes or uncover even better ideas.
Transparency is letting supporters/staff know that you are open to hearing anything and receiving feedback openly.
Honesty should be an obvious characteristic for any one regarding communicating with a large, disparate group of people, but its often overlooked
If supporters even perceive that they are not being given honest, detailed information, they will quickly lose trust . The fastest way to lose resolute, committed fans is to lose their trust.
Trust is one of the most important components of great leadership.
Becoming a great leader is not easy. There is no certification test or automatic pathway to follow. It is the day-in and day-out process of communicating with transparency and honesty that helps develop strong leadership skills. Leadership is not something you achieve and are done. It is situational. and we are certainly in a situation
Internal and external factors may shift, but the three keys outlined above will always be a strong foundation for becoming and remaining a great leader.

It all sounds rather hopeful as opposed to rather confident.

Hopefully doth butter no parsnips Ron.

He's essentially said he's struggling to get the finances and hopes it's done in time, unless I have misread the statement.
No he is saying “Nothing is finalised as yet, and I would sooner wait until I had something concrete to tell you, but I’ll put this out to try and get you off my back for a few weeks”.
I am no apologist for Ron Martin, but I really thought the days of lynching mobs and people baying for blood were something you read about in history books.

Sounds like the words of a man in the last chance saloon. Steve Dale insisted all was going to be fine at Bury, until it wasn't...

I will again ask, can the Trust please come forth to outline contingency plans that were alluded to last week? Fans need to know what we can realistically do in the face of non-payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back