• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Holiday 2021

Giant Cod or what?.

Not sure it will be cod season as i'm going at the first week of July. Halibut is the fish at the top of my list and you can bring a certain amount of kilos back. They provide containers and ice.
Its more for the scenery and being out on a boat around the Loften Islands. 4 men doing manly things for a week and cooking our catch back at the camp. The very thought has kept me sane during lockdown

Both my kids graduated last year and we were all going to Tanzania in June, which we put back to June this year naively thinking it would be ok.
My wife has booked a couple of uk weeks awAy and some long weekends. We tend to rent a cottage and take the dog and do lots of walking And exploring.

I hate booking holidays but need to book somewhere close to Liverpool to see the statues on Crosby beach
wife has always wanted to see them and I will get some serious brownie points.

Really want to do a touring holiday in Scotland but unsure whether to use our car, or rent a camper van. pros and cons to both , never hired a camper before

Both my kids graduated last year and we were all going to Tanzania in June, which we put back to June this year naively thinking it would be ok.
My wife has booked a couple of uk weeks awAy and some long weekends. We tend to rent a cottage and take the dog and do lots of walking And exploring.

I hate booking holidays but need to book somewhere close to Liverpool to see the statues on Crosby beach
wife has always wanted to see them and I will get some serious brownie points.

Really want to do a touring holiday in Scotland but unsure whether to use our car, or rent a camper van. pros and cons to both , never hired a camper before

We've booked an apartment for a long weekend during May half term...with a fully refundable deposit!

I hired a VW California for a long weekend (pick up Friday, drop off Monday) a few years ago because I was thinking of buying one.

I seem to remember it was about £700 which struck me as a bit steep. I have no doubt prices will be sky high for the next year at least.

Lapland with the kids hopefully. Then Florida/Disney rearranged for Easter 2022 because we cancelled it last year. Otherwise probably staying in the country and catching up with family/friends.

We cancelled a Christmas holiday last year in Austria. This year though I want to go somewhere hot. Unfortunately my wife's business has got way too busy so it's touch and go what the deal is for a break this year. Maybe a weekend away somewhere. Desperate to go back to France, but I'll wait until it's safe out there.

Lapland with the kids hopefully. Then Florida/Disney rearranged for Easter 2022 because we cancelled it last year. Otherwise probably staying in the country and catching up with family/friends.

I may have mentioned this before, but there's a Disney Facebook group. Most of it is ****, but every now and again there is a very good piece of advice, especially around park tickets and tricks to save money.

My advice to you would be join the group and leave as soon as you can because it will do your head in eventually.

I may have mentioned this before, but there's a Disney Facebook group. Most of it is ****, but every now and again there is a very good piece of advice, especially around park tickets and tricks to save money.

My advice to you would be join the group and leave as soon as you can because it will do your head in eventually.

I was on dibb when I went to Florida - that allowed me to get a free meal at Bubba Gump and a fastpass for the Avatar ride!

I was on dibb when I went to Florida - that allowed me to get a free meal at Bubba Gump and a fastpass for the Avatar ride!

We had to rope drop the Avatar ride. We only had to queue for half an hour...worth every second of the queue. Most of the rest of the day the queue was between 2 and 3 hours.

Just had notification today that my June Baltic Cruise has been cancelled. was really looking forward to this one and had already booked up some excursions when in St Petersburg.
Never mind - I expected it really and at least I have the chance to book another holiday unlike the poor souls who have lost their lives

Hope you get another opportunity for a Baltic cruise, my wife went on a couple of such cruises with her mum and St.Petersburg was the highlight on both occasions.

thanks, but I'm not on facebook! We've got family members and friends who've been a few times so have already been given plenty of tips and things. Hopefully we'll get it sorted again for next year.

Just had notification today that my June Baltic Cruise has been cancelled. was really looking forward to this one and had already booked up some excursions when in St Petersburg.
Never mind - I expected it really and at least I have the chance to book another holiday unlike the poor souls who have lost their lives

I know exactly where you are going as soon as able @Tinks ..the same place as me haha. Apart from that Cornwall hopefully this year to see family.

Last edited:
Back