• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Holiday 2021

That's exactly what I did end of September last year when we were able. So nice to get out of Essex and a change of scenery!

We went down to Eastbourne (Rock'n roll!) last Sept for a weekend which was nice but that was because we were visiting a certain attraction down that way with our son in mind. I'm certainly not a massive fan of holidaying in england but it may well be the only option this year and I wont be booking anything anywhere until I'm confident things are actually going to be relaxed. Got the first week of the summer hols off but worst case we will go and stay at the folks new flat down the front!

Booked our honeymoon which was moved from aug last year to august 19th this year for two weeks in Orlando.

We really want to go, paid it all off but won't be able to go if there is a quarantine in place or vaccine passport.

Really don't know what to do at the moment. I'm not optimistic I will be going, but do not want to lose all that money. We really can't go next year either due to family commitments so no idea. Damn you covid! though there is more important things to worry about at the moment I know!

Booked our honeymoon which was moved from aug last year to august 19th this year for two weeks in Orlando.
We really want to go, paid it all off but won't be able to go if there is a quarantine in place or vaccine passport.
Really don't know what to do at the moment. I'm not optimistic I will be going, but do not want to lose all that money. We really can't go next year either due to family commitments so no idea. Damn you covid! though there is more important things to worry about at the moment I know!

Over 5 months to go yet, fingers x. I'm meant to be flying to N.Y 1st Sept to visit my eldest son & family, & like you it was cancelled twice last year.
I'll have had both my jabs by end of May, so guess it's all down to when Joe Biden decides to let us travel there again.
One things for certain, bet it'll take a lot longer to get through immigration than before?.

Over 5 months to go yet, fingers x. I'm meant to be flying to N.Y 1st Sept to visit my eldest son & family, & like you it was cancelled twice last year.
I'll have had both my jabs by end of May, so guess it's all down to when Joe Biden decides to let us travel there again.
One things for certain, bet it'll take a lot longer to get through immigration than before?.
Fingers crossed for you.

As I am 30, I will most likely have the first dose, but no chance of having the second by august 19th.

Yes, 100% the queues for immigration will be longer, but will all be worth it just to be at Universal Studios again.

I’m just looking forward to leaving Essex! Looking at a few days in the Cotswolds.
Don’t know about you, but I have lived in Leigh for over 20 years and have never felt so desperate to leave. It’s become so overbuilt on in the past few years it feels like a London Borough. Desperate to get out and move to the countryside.

Don’t know about you, but I have lived in Leigh for over 20 years and have never felt so desperate to leave. It’s become so overbuilt on in the past few years it feels like a London Borough. Desperate to get out and move to the countryside.
I definitely want a break but as to leaving no, my son lives nearby so need to be near him. I know exactly where you’re coming from though.

I very much want to move to west Dorset area, I have lived much of the last 60 years in Southend but Mrs MG is reluctant. Two breaks planned for this year for near Charmouth so I am planning some house hunting hinting while away.

Has anyone been to lapland for a kids Christmas holiday. Looking for some advice

Basildon will soon be a new Borough of London, as our council has decided 4000 flats are being built up to 17 floors high, only 400 are for Basildon residents the remainder are for our friends in East London

With local elections coming up, a new party has been formed Basildon Residents party to try and out these clowns with no thoughts for locals, hoping we can oust these idiots and try to get developers to listen to concerns, no one is against redevelopment just the how high it will be
Biggest concerns is landlords buying and renting out to all undesirables , its bad enough now, but they have underestimated the venom from locals

Sorry not to be turned into a political thread, but answer to FF why should law abiding people move, when they have been happy for many years

Has anyone been to lapland for a kids Christmas holiday. Looking for some advice
I have friends that have done the whole Santa, sled thing, AND all enjoyed it very much.
Also, as an aside, I don't fancy Las Vegas, or a cruise, or Sandals BUT everyone I know that has gone has really enjoyed the places.
I thought I would despair of Florida parks but thought they were excellent, so give it a go imo.
Give me a mountain, a long walk and a pint at the finish and I am happy.

Exiled by gentrification...

I have friends that have done the whole Santa, sled thing, AND all enjoyed it very much.
Also, as an aside, I don't fancy Las Vegas, or a cruise, or Sandals BUT everyone I know that has gone has really enjoyed the places.
I thought I would despair of Florida parks but thought they were excellent, so give it a go imo.
Give me a mountain, a long walk and a pint at the finish and I am happy.
You’ve described my perfect break there.

We did it December 2019, when the full beans for 5 nights and full on busy.

Ask away or PM

Was meant to be going to Lake Garda in July for my cousins wedding, but unfortunately that's just been cancelled. I'll keep the leave and try and go to Spain for a week but look to book last minute (obviously realise we might not be able to go but that's my aim).

I don't want any culture this year, I just want sun, pool, beach, beer, cocktails, and a crappy 2 euro fry up. That's what I'm craving.

I have a friend who did a season out there as a Tui rep - bit different to his usual Summer postings with the company but thoroughly enjoyed it. If there's anything I can ask him, then I'm happy to.

I very much want to move to west Dorset area, I have lived much of the last 60 years in Southend but Mrs MG is reluctant. Two breaks planned for this year for near Charmouth so I am planning some house hunting hinting while away.

Dorset is bootiful. Moved here three years ago, no regrets.

Back