• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Holiday 2021

We have a fortnight , July, just outside Bearminster. I very much like the area.

Nice, and Bridport is not far away which I always think is a lovely old town plus right by coast. We live in Swanage a small town with all the services and the holidaymakers for six weeks every Summer are easy enough to avoid, our house is 500yards from sea which we never tire of being by, it's different every day and can't wait for our usual cafe to be allowed to re-open right by the beach off the beaten track.

Nice, and Bridport is not far away which I always think is a lovely old town plus right by coast.

2018 & 2019 we stayed 3 times in my partners Aunts holiday home in Burton Bradstock, 3 miles from Bridport, overlooking the English Chanel.
Loved Bridport, West Bay & Weymouth, thought Lyme Regis very expensive & murder to get in & out of, plus parking.

Nice, and Bridport is not far away which I always think is a lovely old town plus right by coast. We live in Swanage a small town with all the services and the holidaymakers for six weeks every Summer are easy enough to avoid, our house is 500yards from sea which we never tire of being by, it's different every day and can't wait for our usual cafe to be allowed to re-open right by the beach off the beaten track.
Swanage and surrounding area is great! Steam train as well.

Greece seems to be opening up to international tourists from May 14th.Hopefully Spain will follow suit.
I have read that Greece is vaccinating the tourist islands 100% first, to get the tourist £ in and also as medical treatment on the islands is very expensive.
I rate Greek holidays but not so much Corfu as it is too Benidormesque with just a hint of past pleasantries, admittedly it is a big island and has areas of quality, as does the likes of Ibiza, Tenerife and Cyprus.

I have read that Greece is vaccinating the tourist islands 100% first, to get the tourist £ in and also as medical treatment on the islands is very expensive.
I rate Greek holidays but not so much Corfu as it is too Benidormesque with just a hint of past pleasantries, admittedly it is a big island and has areas of quality, as does the likes of Ibiza, Tenerife and Cyprus.

Been to a lot of the Greek islands over the years but not to Hydra and Mrs Tangled wants to go.Wouldn't mind just for the Leonard Cohen,Joni Mitchell connections.

If you ignore Kavos, there are some very nice villages on Corfu. I always stay in Sidari. It does have a bit of a 'strip' but not over the top by any means. A couple of mins walk from either end of the centre and there are plenty of beautiful and authentic tavernas

All the big islands have their party areas. Rhodes has Faliraki, Zante has Laganas. You avoid those and they all have great villages

Greece seems to be opening up to international tourists from May 14th.Hopefully Spain will follow suit.

Yep Greece has really pushed to get itself ready for tourists. I went to Corfu last September and it was far more organised Covid wise than the uk and it felt safer.

They will be allowing the British in, Covid cert or negative Covid test will get you in

Yep Greece has really pushed to get itself ready for tourists. I went to Corfu last September and it was far more organised Covid wise than the uk and it felt safer.

They will be allowing the British in, Covid cert or negative Covid test will get you in

Yeah there will almost certainly be a Covid passport in place by May IMO.

We have week in Lake District for mid May, just when pubs open up.
Dog walks, fells, clean air, then some ale.
We are staying at Ambleside so perfect for Langdale.

We tend to stay near Keswick when we're in that neck of the woods. We drive through Ambleside to get there. It's a lovely place...enjoy!

Our week in Cannes for this wedding is slowly being whittled away. The school have changed their end of term by one day to make up for the school being closed for a local election. We would normally argue with the school that we'd already booked a holiday and they can sod off, but it's the last day in that school for my youngest before he starts secondary school. We didn't want him to miss his leavers assembly so we moved our flights from the morning to the evening.

Then my eldest son gets invited to his best friend's birthday party on the Thursday evening and my wife is insistent that he should be able to go, so she's moved the flights to the Friday evening.

We've basically lost 2 days of a 7 day holiday (from Thursday morning to Friday evening)...and that's before Covid puts the kybosh on the whole thing anyway!

I suppose the silver lining is that we'll save a fortune on 2 hotel rooms for 1 night, and at Cannes prices that is a huge saving.

Last edited:
Back