• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"Not sure what that all means, frankly, but it does suggest we don't have a problem scoring goals at home."

Yes and no, really - I make it ; in 21 games (league) we've scored 0 six times and 1 ten times.
An extreme example - score in every game but only 1 in each would be 46 a season.
At home we've not scored three or more (this season).

Not sure what that all means, frankly, but it does suggest we don't have a problem scoring goals at home.

My children have seen us play at home nine times now and we've scored at least once every time. Alas we've only managed to actually win two of those games...

"Not sure what that all means, frankly, but it does suggest we don't have a problem scoring goals at home."

Yes and no, really - I make it ; in 21 games (league) we've scored 0 six times and 1 ten times.
An extreme example - score in every game but only 1 in each would be 46 a season.
At home we've not scored three or more (this season).

We've scored 94 goals in the last 66 league games (home and away) which averages out at 65 goals a season, so definitely not too shabby at all.

My children have seen us play at home nine times now and we've scored at least once every time. Alas we've only managed to actually win two of those games...

Well, you're going to have to stop taking your children 'Uncle Leo'! :smile:

It's as simple as that!

Well, you're going to have to stop taking your children 'Uncle Leo'! :smile:

It's as simple as that!

You've no idea how much food and drink they demand when we're at the game. The club can't afford to turn down that sort of revenue.

LOL :smile: .. I bet!

Still, at least they are seeing us score some goals, so it's not all bad! :thumbsup:

Thank you 'stuart'. They did indeed!

I remember the video so well. I still have it on VHS in the loft, as well.

I think it came out in two parts, IIRC, so you could buy part 1 around Christmas time, hence by New Year we all knew the classic .. "Oh no, it's a goal, by Angle!" :smile:

Yes, keep that one quiet.

Didn't John Aldridge score in that game?

Over 1000 minutes at home without conceding IIRC ....

982 IIRC!

What I do remember is when Mervyn Cawston finally let one in he was so ****ed off he took his gloves off and sat down leaning against one of his goalposts.

I can't remember the exact numbers, but we scored something like 48 goals, and only let in 6 all season.

Dammit, I thought of Shrewsbury but could only remember the 1-1 draw last season. Can't remember the scoreline from the season before.

Think they beat us 2-0 down at the hall the first season.

Back