• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Hogg

President
And we wonder why we are in the bottom league?
The question of wherther we should have sacked Luggy has no bearing on the new guy appointed. Whether you have issues with Ron Martin - also irrelevent to a new manager.

I am disgusted that supporters are hostile to a guy who has not even started the job. If that is "SUPPORTING" - I give up!

And we wonder why we are in the bottom league?
The question of wherther we should have sacked Luggy has no bearing on the new guy appointed. Whether you have issues with Ron Martin - also irrelevent to a new manager.

I am disgusted that supporters are hostile to a guy who has not even started the job. If that is "SUPPORTING" - I give up!

None from me but I get your point.

He wasn't on anyone's shortlist. There are better local managers who would have jumped at the chance to manage a professional club.

I will support him as he is the manager, but we must have been able to do better surely?

It's early days yet Kev. People are hurt by this decision. People respect Paul Sturrock as a person and all he has done for us.

At the end of the day we are left here, all we can do is keep going to the games and keep hoping. People feel helpless at the best of times and supporting football is one of the most pointless helpless things you can do with your time. One of the most emotional things you can do is support a lower league club. It creates arguments amongst friends it hurts you for a week, it makes you sad, it makes you want to cry. But when it makes you happy it's probably better than any other comparable feeling in the world. If there is one.

All we can do is blindly support the club. Whether that's turning up to moan the whole game (which I despise) or you turn up genuinely feeling like its going to be a 5-0 win. At the end of the day people post on this forum and go to Roots Hall because we all have one thing in common. We support Southend.

I wanted the change and I've got it. Looking forward to seeing how the new guy gets on, he has a mixed record but we aren't going to get a guy with a great record. Onwards and upwards, hopefully.

The supporters aren't at fault-- look at the gratitude we are showing Paul Sturrock on the other threads. That's support, for sure. I just think people are a bit nervous. I haven't read a great deal of outright hostility in all honesty.

But you can get it wrong by appointing someone who has relegated his last two clubs!

Add the fact he is probably not cheap,In time either this will be an amazing appointment or it will be the u
ultimate disaster.

I wanted the change and I've got it. Looking forward to seeing how the new guy gets on, he has a mixed record but we aren't going to get a guy with a great record. Onwards and upwards, hopefully.

why not? plenty of them about.

and why not actually wait until one becomes available? why not go for john still when he was available? the whole thing is a mess.

As usual its with SUFC its that nervous laugh/twitch you have just prior to going on a big scary roller coaster, buckle up and take the ride baby, who knows whats going to happen woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I think that opinions are being made on previous form, and the way he has acted in them roles?
Yes, he has a big ego, which can be good if it`s projected towards the team, and creates positivity, which leads to wins.

Why is our away form better than our home form? This could be a new thread on it`s own.

What supporters need to do is re-create an atmosphere, as we have done in the past, that puts fear in teams coming to play at Roots Hall.
If we lose a few games, yes, we are not happy, but, this is the Chimp, in us all venting his fury, control the Chimp, and stay positive, back the boys, and whoever is in charge, and let`s get out of this division, next year.

The boys are relaxed, away from Roots Hall, and the football refelects this, The away supporters get behind the team, and are VOCAL.
I don`t get to many home games, being exiled in Southampton, but, have been to Oxford, Bournemouth, Southampton, Aldershot,Swindon, Portsmouth, over the years and have witnessed the great away following.
Let`s start this of, this year, backing whoever comes in, and see if we can repeat our away form, certainly over the last and this seasons away form, to a home fortress, and that alone will take us over the line next year.

Its more apprehension than hostility. He has never managed in this division, he has only been successful at one club, he is not used to working under tight financial constraints and he has only worked up north.

How have we been hostile to him, we haven't had a chance yet? This message board is the place to air opinions and doubts. I may not be pleased with the appointment but I'll get behind him at the games.

The supporters aren't at fault-- look at the gratitude we are showing Paul Sturrock on the other threads. That's support, for sure. I just think people are a bit nervous. I haven't read a great deal of outright hostility in all honesty.

On one thread someone points out that Phil Brown will get his hostility next home match. That is ridiculous.

How have we been hostile to him, we haven't had a chance yet? This message board is the place to air opinions and doubts. I may not be pleased with the appointment but I'll get behind him at the games.

Exactly. I have my doubts. But let's see.

As usual its with SUFC its that nervous laugh/twitch you have just prior to going on a big scary roller coaster, buckle up and take the ride baby, who knows whats going to happen woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It's exactly this!

Back