• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How has your side done this season?

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers šŸ¤ ā­
Following on from the exiles football team thread, I thought I'd see how the Zoners are getting on in their own football sides, be it Saturday or Sunday.

I know most on here play for SZ but it will still be interesting to hear.

My side won the League on Sunday following promotion the week before. I play for Norton in the Pope & Smith Chelmsford League 3rd Division and its our first promotion since the Club was formed 12 years ago. I've been playing for 8 years, the last 2/3 in goal, and in my time we have had one cup final which I lasted 5 minutes before I was put in hospital following a clash of heads.

We have played 18, won 15 drew 1 and lost 2 and still have two matches to go. Only let in 12 league goals so far and saved 2 penalties of the 4 I've faced.

I'm only just sobbering up from the celebrations. Champagne and Stella on the pitch after the match then a session.

So, how you guys and girls getting on?

Northampton Uni- finished 5th out of 6 is a very dissapointing season...

Looks like we will finish second in Mid Essex prem and runners up in essex cup ,so not a bad season , next season is my last so wanna finish with a trophy.

My team were 4 points clear at Xmas and we ended up finishing fourth which we were very disappointed with.

We smashed the other two teams going for the title and then had a double header which we needed all 6 points from and only got 4, that's what screwed us up.

I'm starting 11-a-side again next season, as haven't played since moving to Sheffield. Play for two 6-a-side teams though, one relegated and the other promoted.

Back