• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not too sure what being a Northerner has to do with it, but no point in having a chief scout dib dib dib as we are broke / umbongo et al.

Not too sure what being a Northerner has to do with it, but no point in having a chief scout dib dib dib as we are broke / umbongo et al.

If he is chief scout does that mean the club has more scouts:omg:

Without trying to sound stupid, but from someone posting with the username "Yorkshire Shrimper" surely you wouldn't be against Northerners .... :unsure:

I'm not particularly against northerners, I was just contrasting Dagenham's local approach.

Cresswell is an obvious example of a northerner who had to uproot and it didn't work for him.

I loved our recruitment strategy under Tilly (ex-Canvey and Centre of Excellence) and Brush (ex-Orient manager) when we signed players like Eastwood and Hooper (Grays), Prior and Edwards (Southend!), Wayne Gray and Barrett (ex-Orient), Benno (ex-Enfield, Gravesend before we picked him up from the Daggers).

I'm not particularly against northerners, I was just contrasting Dagenham's local approach.

Cresswell is an obvious example of a northerner who had to uproot and it didn't work for him.

I loved our recruitment strategy under Tilly (ex-Canvey and Centre of Excellence) and Brush (ex-Orient manager) when we signed players like Eastwood and Hooper (Grays), Prior and Edwards (Southend!), Wayne Gray and Barrett (ex-Orient), Benno (ex-Enfield, Gravesend before we picked him up from the Daggers).

Why does it matter where the players are from?

2 of our best performers this season have been Will Atkinson and Ryan Leonard from Plymouth and Bradford respectively. Miles to both locations from Essex but they can still put a shift in on a Saturday afternoon. If we weren't under a transfer embargo then I'd like to think Bob Shaw's reports from local games would result in some talent coming in on loan or at least being given a reserve team trial.

Why does it matter where the players are from?

2 of our best performers this season have been Will Atkinson and Ryan Leonard from Plymouth and Bradford respectively. Miles to both locations from Essex but they can still put a shift in on a Saturday afternoon. If we weren't under a transfer embargo then I'd like to think Bob Shaw's reports from local games would result in some talent coming in on loan or at least being given a reserve team trial.

I'd have thought it's preferable to recruit a player who didn't have to move house, knew people and was settled in the area and maybe even felt some affinity to it. Who knows they might even sign for slightly less money, which could free up some money to recruit another coach...

Dagenham manager: Wayne Burnett - someone whose experience is working on a budget as manager of non-league Fisher, Dulwich Hamlet and Grays. Then became youth team manager at Orient, where he will have learnt to develop young, cheap players, before becoming assistant to John Still at Dagenham, where he'd have got to know the current squad. All five jobs within a 10 mile radius, all dealing with young, cheap players.

Assistant Manager and Academy Manager: Warren Hackett - knows his way round local non-league scene as player and then coach/manager (Waltham Forest, Fisher Athletic and Erith & Belvedere) before making his way up from Centre of Excellence at the Daggers to coach the first team. Still doubles up as Academy Manager.

First team coach: Darren Currie

Academy Manager: see above

Compare that to Southend:

Manager: Northerner Phil Brown, whose experience and ego is at a higher level with more expensive players

Assistant Manager: Northerner Dave Penney - managed Doncaster, Darlington, Oldham and, for less than 2 months, Bristol Rovers. Is he being paid a manager's salary, or an assistant's?

First team coach: Graham Coughlan

Motivational speaker: Jeremy Kyle

Academy Manager: Ricky Duncan

Chief Scout of transfer embargo: Chief Scout Bob Shaw

Note how Dagenham's managerial appointments work their way up. Their favourites won't be Col Ewe rejects because their best mate use to manage them, but youth and reserve players they've come through the ranks with.

Anyway, their no.9 who limped off is probably out for the season: you seen who their physio is?

john gowens?

We get around 100,000 going through the turnstiles whilst the Daggers get around 40,000,Dagenham seem to do ok yet we are always broke,I don't get it.

Because we dont have an owner who can subsidise the losses we still make.

Recently somebody on here suggested that during a 3 year period this clubs admin costs were over 6 million quid,Someone somewhere is making a tidy bundle:winking:

Check the accounts (well the ones that have been filed anyway), they are not. Please tell me you dont actually believe anyone makes money from us?

Because we dont have an owner who can subsidise the losses we still make.

Check the accounts (well the ones that have been filed anyway), they are not. Please tell me you dont actually believe anyone makes money from us?

I think our and HMRC's Lawyers are doing nicely.....

Check the accounts (well the ones that have been filed anyway), they are not. Please tell me you dont actually believe anyone makes money from us?[/

Jam I wish I had your faith in human nature.

Jam I wish I had your faith in human nature.

Nothing to do with human nature and everything to do with the owner not having any money to run the club.

This club has always lost money, long before Ron Martin came in and same as most of the clubs in the country.

Football is not a profitable business.

Nothing to do with human nature and everything to do with the owner not having any money to run the club.

This club has always lost money, long before Ron Martin came in and same as most of the clubs in the country.

Football is not a profitable business.

Ever wondered why people fall over themselves to buy skint loss making football clubs?,One of life's great mysteries.:winking:

Ever wondered why people fall over themselves to buy skint loss making football clubs?,One of life's great mysteries.:winking:

Because people like to own them for the sport and stature of owning one? Why does Roman Ibramovich own chelsea? Cost him over a billion to do so.

How much money do you think Col U's Cowling has made in profit since being there ?, they are a well run club with no financial issues at all and thats because he makes up the losses.

Even Everton were losing 10 million a year prior to the latest deal this year and having to sell players to break even and thats in the Premiership.

Its laughable to think there is profit to be made in League Two unless, like Ron you get into it for property development, but he wont be making money from our huge gate income.

Cashflow...
In which I assume you mean, month on month, our outgoings exceed our income, but is this to support RMs loss making companys which are not football related, or simply the club itself has such alarming debt, that we struggle to pay the interest on that debt.

In which I assume you mean, month on month, our outgoings exceed our income, but is this to support RMs loss making companys which are not football related, or simply the club itself has such alarming debt, that we struggle to pay the interest on that debt.

Where in the accounts does it show that money is going out to those companies?

That debt we have is because money has come in from them. (ultimately from Sainsbury)

Where in the accounts does it show that money is going out to those companies?

That debt we have is because money has come in from them. (ultimately from Sainsbury)
I am not saying money is going out to RMs loss making companies, I was asking a question.

I am not saying money is going out to RMs loss making companies, I was asking a question.

The way I see it is that we are in massive debt, thats because we are having to bring money in, simple as that.

That money is coming from Sainsbury so the Parent company is in debt, and so are we.

He doesnt have the ability anymore to cover our losses, we dont have the money to cover his.

Back