• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper Neil

Youth Team
For all his faults, Ron has been a pretty good judge of when to get rid of his managers. He doesn't panic and tends to give them time to turn things around. That said, he's invested heavily this year and so far it's looking unlikely he'll get any reward. If results don't improve at what point will he start to get twitchy and think about pulling the trigger..?

Personally I think Brown will be safe at least until we get some semblance of a defence back. If things don't change soon after he will rightly be under big pressure....

Here we go again, another PB thread that will descend into more in-house bickering than a Tory party conference

Even if we go on a massive losing streak RM can’t afford to sack PB, as RM neither has the money to pay the compensation or buy back PBs shares in Fossets Farm. (As it’s all been spent on injured players!)

Anyway we don’t need to worry as Phil will turn it around, just as soon as we have a fully fit squad... Championship here we come!

** IDEA **

NFN and I'm all for healthy debate, but could the mods merge the three 'Brown is on borrowed time' threads into one and the 'Brown is doing alright thanks for the moment' can be the other one. So we have two threads running on the subject.

Kev's thread can be for one and the combined thread can be the other.

Just a thought.

If we loose the next 3 I think he's gone

Your Joking right, Don't panic Mr Mannering!......

We are in a better place now then at this stage last season (and we just finished outside the play off's). 13 games in and 5 points away from the play off's hardly makes us relegation fodder, especially with another 99 points to play for.

I know the Shrimperzone has it's extreme opinions, but this surely.....Talk about an over reaction. :stunned:

Your Joking right, Don't panic Mr Mannering!......

We are in a better place now then at this stage last season (and we just finished outside the play off's). 13 games in and 5 points away from the play off's hardly makes us relegation fodder, especially with another 99 points to play for.

I know the Shrimperzone has it's extreme opinions, but this surely.....Talk about an over reaction. :stunned:
if we loose the next 3 he's gone hopefully we don't but I think that will be the case stop going on about the past it's the here and now that counts

If we are in the relegation zone come January, Brown was in a similar position last year and turned it around, and we had far less serious injury woes then. I can't see why Ron would give Brown time last year but not this year.

if we loose the next 3 he's gone hopefully we don't but I think that will be the case stop going on about the past it's the here and now that counts

Wrong! Evidence shows that people tend to be judged on their past actions.

By your own philosophy shouldn't you of got over the Wigan defeat. After all it's in the past now.

On paper our fixtures between now and Bradford at home on the 16th December are all winnable. And let's not forget our record in November - we have Oldham (H), Portsmouth (A), MK Dons (A) and Oxford (H) this year. Let's see where we are after that.

Here we go again, another PB thread that will descend into more in-house bickering than a Tory party conference

Even if we go on a massive losing streak RM can’t afford to sack PB, as RM neither has the money to pay the compensation or buy back PBs shares in Fossets Farm. (As it’s all been spent on injured players!)

Anyway we don’t need to worry as Phil will turn it around, just as soon as we have a fully fit squad... Championship here we come!

Yes he can. Ron's never going to back himself into that much of a corner

I can't see him going unless we're in serious relegation trouble and rightly so. We're a small third division football club, we have no divine right to challenge for promotion and having over achieved last year, it looks like we're set for an inconsistent season this year thanks to injuries and other factors. That's life as a Southend fan I'm afraid. Brown has done a good job and unless he really loses the plot I can't see him budging.

For all his faults, Ron has been a pretty good judge of when to get rid of his managers. He doesn't panic and tends to give them time to turn things around. That said, he's invested heavily this year and so far it's looking unlikely he'll get any reward. If results don't improve at what point will he start to get twitchy and think about pulling the trigger..?

Personally I think Brown will be safe at least until we get some semblance of a defence back. If things don't change soon after he will rightly be under big pressure....

He gets until at least mid-February. The only thing that could challenge that was if attendance plummeted.

The more interesting question is what backing he gets in the transfer window.

If we are in the relegation zone around March time maybe - other than that I think he'll be safe.

On a side note why do so many people spell struggle to spell 'lose' :unsure:

Guys we hve two midfielders in the back 4 and two of our best players (Coker and Kightly) are both injured. Ron would have to be stupid to even consider sacking Brown until he's been given a fair crack with a full squad. And Ron isn't stupid. Look at least season - most calling for Brown's head and then when our key players returned we finished a point off the play-offs. Keep the faith....for now at least.

Wrong! Evidence shows that people tend to be judged on their past actions.

By your own philosophy shouldn't you of got over the Wigan defeat. After all it's in the past now.
your only as good as your last result haha have you heard that one?

Back