• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How long?

How long do I give?

I think only 1 player is out of contract in Jan. Plus the 2 SU lads loan ends I think.

Next summer a few other contracts are up.

And the by the summer 2023 I think all the current players contracts will be up. So start of 23/24 season is when this will be 100% current Mgmt team squad. So I'll start judging them during the 22/23 season with final decision by Xmas 23.

Ok nice post (apart from the first paragraph!)

What does how long mean though? Are you proposing people get sacked if we haven't turned it around by x days/weeks/months?

We might well end up in NLS - do you want everyone sacked because of that?

In my opinion we have
A CEO - that's a good step in the right direction...it moves Ron into the background
A good coaching team - Head, Assistant and First Team
A good scout - John Still
I'm also happy with the Stan role...

I hope whatever happens at the end of the season all these are still in place...I could hack the NLS - but not if it means these aren't there

Id take any fix to avoid relegation this year. Get proper signings after.
And that is the problem really. At the moment all that we can realistically hope for is damage limitation and some incoming loan players. And that is much less exciting than two or three permanent signings and a late push for the play offs.

Nothing could be further from the truth. He has taken great time to explain where he will be focussing across different areas of the Club. Probably he feels repeating it over and over again (on here for example) is not good use of his time...
He happily told the exact same stories about Forrest and meeting Fawaz over and over again. No problems with Stan but his zoom calls were all identical.

HK is the 80's? Blues supporters were thin on the ground at that time. Is that what you heard?

NO I heard what I said.(BTW I was talking about HK now though I wascertainly a SUFC supporter in the 80's and much ealier)). :Smile:
Our recent record is pretty poor when it comes to loan signings.
The 2 recent signings from SU would appear to be an exception.

He happily told the exact same stories about Forrest and meeting Fawaz over and over again. No problems with Stan but his zoom calls were all identical.
This is very partial. Not just the Zoom calls, but also through official channels, the press and on here he has gone into great detail and way way beyond just stories about Forrest and meeting Fawaz.

It's a real shame that somehow this is all you have noticed therefore. And probably justifies the decision to stop bothering on here. BTW I understand you are very busy and probably don't have the time to notice all the relevant communications either.

In an ideal world this structure should of been put in place the day we beat Sunderland to stay up - its a been a long time needed. However right now the management is not the problem, our awfully constructed squad is. Desperation from fans who have been hit by defeat, after defeat after defeat for several seasons, coupled with financially insecurity and people will be well within their rights to be angry, id always take that passion over apathy.

While I am a massive advocate of get people in, they really cannot be worse that what we have surely, I do also know by not doing due diligence we will just end up with more Fergusons or Grandads. Its a tough balance between heart and head

I would like to hope that with the structure we've put in place that next year we can mount a challenge for the play-offs atleast, I know seems a long way off but we have employed a lot of people thus turnaround should be quicker. This season is about avoiding a relegation dog fight but I'm not expecting results to start improving until Feb time not like this mess was going to be fixed in one month like some people seem to be expecting.

This is very partial. Not just the Zoom calls, but also through official channels, the press and on here he has gone into great detail and way way beyond just stories about Forrest and meeting Fawaz.

It's a real shame that somehow this is all you have noticed therefore. And probably justifies the decision to stop bothering on here. BTW I understand you are very busy and probably don't have the time to notice all the relevant communications either.
Yes I am a very busy person but I've seen all his comms, and if he can do what he sets out to do it will be good if he can do it. You however have missed my point that Stan is more than happy to repeat himself which you have chosen to take as a massive attack and that is a large part of the problem on this site of late.

I was in HK from 1965-1996 and I do not think I ever met another Blues supporter. I did meet Derek Spence there once, and, also had a few beers with Willie Coulson on a few occasions
There are two others that I know. One in my local town (not met yet, it came out through the exiles thread), the other a bar manager.

From what I can see there is a divide between posts and posters which is based on the level of appreciation people have for Stan. Those who overtly praise his input seem to think those who want to reserve judgment until results are proven are trolls?

Let's look at it;.

The club is in freefall and something needed to change. The new set up looks impressive and professional. If all Stan has done is force this change I will say thank you to him for that. Clearly we must approach things differently as a club.

We have people in roles that the vast majority of the fans can get behind. KM, DC and MB are, on paper and in fans hearts, great appointments. JS has unarguable credentials. TL is a little less obvious and his job is a tough one. His level of success or failure will take longer to review just by the size of the mountain he has to climb.

I seriously doubt we are a quick fix club. There is so much to improve upon and so many historic hurdles in the way.

We do not need just any players brought in. We need the right ones. That can take time, a commodity running out for us, but patience will definitely be a virtue worth having.

There are a few trolls on both sides of the divide. There are some, myself included, that reserve judgment, after years of disappointment, and will unleash a tsunami of praise if and when the promises are fulfilled and the new regime works. That is in stark contrast to so many posters who are heaping so much praise for SVC in particular and attack anyone who wants greater clarity and evidence of success.

The transparency is a steady stream of revelations that they/he wants to tell us and a great deal of self-promotion. When asked for clarity on certain points there are no answers. That is not transparency. Further to that we are, despite the new regime, still in freefall. I expect it to change but the praise is on hold until it does.

I repeat, thank you Stan, for driving necessary change. I will thank him further when/if the changes bring the successes he has assured us.

Until we know one way or the other, how this experiment will unfold, perhaps we can politely accept the differing opinions.

Yes I’m starting a divisive thread. As a fan for 48 years (but it doesn’t actually matter if it is 48 minutes) I feel entitled enough to post some opinions that many of those currently fawning over what’s happening off the field and blowing smoke up Stan’s backside/massaging his fragile ego, call it what you will.

I want the current infrastructure to succeed I really do. Kevin Maher is my favourite SUFC player of all time bar none. We have an off the field structure that many of the teams in League One and Two can only dream of. We also have a wage bill that I’m guessing many would be jealous of.

For every person that says give it time I give you Darlington FC. What a fabulous new ground that was and solved all their problems.

For everyone that says we’re too good to go down (not many by now I’m sure) I give you Stockport (who are now back), York and a number of others.

Status means nothing. Points mean everything. It is abundantly clear to everyone that the current squad is not good enough and that’s with two exceptionally good loan players.

So the serious question is how long do we stay patient and wait for the new team to work their magic? The longer we stay in our current position the harder it will be to get out of it whatever squad we end up with. The history of this division backs that up sharply.

You might think I’m a doom monger but I remember seeing a glossy picture of a new stadium on the inside cover of match programmes as far back as 1981. Yes 40 years ago. Admittedly there wasn’t much substance and certainly no planning or funding apart from the threats of moving to Basildon.

Until the first digger moves in to FF quite frankly I’ll believe it when I see it. Untold years of FF poo attests to that fact. Quite frankly our current infrastructure would not be supported in National League South. Chester City anyone.

Am I hitting the panic button? Too ****ing right I am. I’m sick of people being closed down for offering contrary views. This is not China (give that another 50 years or so).

To answer my own question I’m prepared not to post another comment here on signings and structure until a couple of weeks into January by which time we still need to be in touching distance of 4th and 5th from bottom which is very possible even with just one win and a draw.

Points mean prizes, what do we points mean?
Bye ??

Yes I am a very busy person but I've seen all his comms, and if he can do what he sets out to do it will be good if he can do it. You however have missed my point that Stan is more than happy to repeat himself which you have chosen to take as a massive attack and that is a large part of the problem on this site of late.
There is no "massive attack" in the response below?

Nothing personal at all so I am perhaps a little surprised at this response. Repetition, I agree, is endemic and not just Stan. Human nature these days seems to demand keeping making the same point over and over again in the mistaken belief that, as a result, it's more likely people will agree with it.

There is no "massive attack" in the response below?

Nothing personal at all so I am perhaps a little surprised at this response. Repetition, I agree, is endemic and not just Stan. Human nature these days seems to demand keeping making the same point over and over again in the mistaken belief that, as a result, it's more likely people will agree with it.
My apologies I retract, I get what you are saying now. I don't think many are truely on the same page at the moment and the disharmony and general snarkiness on here us starting to make me paranoid I think ?

ORM, considering I've seen you play football. I am hardly surprised KM is your favourite Southend United player of all time.

I think people are really missing the point...

"Let's give Stan a break and give him time"... we do not have time. That is the last thing we have. If we continue to 'give everyone more time' we will be down (or dead) before we have a chance to turn it around.

"Let's support Kevin and the new Management team"... we are, anyone who says we are not is on another planet. Protests stopped, we take 200 to Grimsby on a Friday and make more noise than the home end did even when they score. 5,000 plus fans after the last 3 years as a Southend fan, is a miracle.

I 100% believe we are going to sign a couple of new faces today or tomorrow. Not so much ITK but a comment past to me the other day. I do believe in Tom Lawrence, this is one thing I will say, I believe if we can turn a corner on the pitch soon, he will be able to help SUFC the business turn a corner too and make a real difference too us.

Our owner is in CRIMINAL COURT for VAT Fraud. Yes, this happens a lot in the business and 9x out of 10 never actually see a trial and it will be settled out of court. The protests stopped because of the PR spin by RM by firstly using Stan and then bringing in the management team they have.

I am sad to say, if we do not see an improvement on the pitch very soon not only will we be down, but we will 100% need to continue to make RM life very uncomfortable until something formal is done. I did think there was going to be something public come out soon regarding TL, RM and his son Jack, but I don't think a decision will be made on this until we are further down the line with Ronalds court dates.

Can I ask, how long do we give everyone... until we start to do something?

Rock bottom on the NL in March with no view of getting out of it?

Back