• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

how many away games have you been to this season?

benfleet shrimper

this year i went to my first away game to northampton and hope to go to many more next season. i was wondering how many of you have been to away games this season.

Erm ... Oxford, Orient, Col Ewe, Canvey, Cheltenham, Scabby, Cambridge, Boston and Rochdale. 9. Who's gunna be the loyalist fan on SZ then ...

Kev

tounge.gif

this season i only went to 2 but last season i went to about 8 or 9.hopefully i can go to a few more games nxt season now that there is a few more away games
tounge.gif

Not done great if I'm honest. My main gripes are:

a) In Pompey, I feel like I'm in the middle of nowhere and the kind people at SW trains do their best to maintain this illusion.
b) Following on from a), it may be clear I don't own a car and would pay a fortune in petrol
c) It's enough of a mission going to home games from here.
d) I don't know a single person (by face) who would go to an away game with me.

Does that excuse me?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 18 2004,18:02)]It hasn't started yet ...

WS
The season 2003/2004 season hasn't even finished yet, as the Play-Offs havn't finished!
wink.gif
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ May 18 2004,18:13)]Millennium (suprised no-ones mentioned that one yet).
It wasn't really an away game, more of a first national final for 98 years sort of thing.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 18 2004,18:08)]d) I don't know a single person (by face) who would go to an away game with me.

Does that excuse me?
That one doesn't. That's the joy of the internet, you see - we're (mostly) real people, who you can meet at home & away games with a bit of organisation.

biggrin.gif

well..

col ewe, canvee, mansfield(why? i don't know) and CARDIFF

going to them all next year!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 18 2004,18:31)]providing carlisle isn't a tuesday night again!  
tounge.gif
I'd be surprised if we were to find ourselves playing Carlisle again... although you never know.

After all, if Bradford go bust, then presumably Grimsby won't be relegated... in which case, Carlisle are presumably back in the league.

Strange things have happened...

wow.gif

Matt

In answer to the question: 3 (Macc Town, which is an annual pilgrimage; Huddersfield; and Col Ewe in the LDV). Plus the Millennium Stadium, of course.

Matt

I went to:

York
Yeovil
Cambridge
Orient
Rochdale
Cardiff
biggrin.gif

How could i have ever forgotton Colchester? Smacked round the face and troddon on, it was still best night this season.

I've been to a fair few of them but I'm just lucky in that I had the funds and personal circumstances to get to them. I bet there were an awful lot glued to BBC Eseex or Blues World for these games who would love to have gone but just couldn't. The fact that people care will do for me.

Wasn't going to reply to this, but since everyone else has.

Well let's see...

Doncaster(Hot as an oven that day)
Boston
Huddersfield
Hull
Leyton Orient(Much more quiet than usual)
Lincoln (only saw half of this)
Maccelsfield(agree on the annual pilgramage!)
Northampton
Rochdale(Absolutely slaughtered)
Sc**thorpe
Swansea(what can I say apart from 8 men)
Yeovil
Canvey
Col Ewe
CARDIFF(As I went to Swansea by train we passed the Millstad, I started to dream and that dream came true
cool.gif
)

I haven't done that much compared to some, but do I get a Wollipop?
laugh.gif

Back