• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question How many of you strictly support Southend United?

Do you strictly support Southend United as your only team?

• Yes, I only follow Southend

• I support two or more teams

Results are only viewable after voting.
Been the Blues for me since the mid 1960's. During the 70 and early 80's I went to watch Spurs as we played on a Friday night at home. Still watch out for their results. 2004 - 2007 the best for me watching the Blues!

Only the Shrimpers for me.
I was brought up a spammer as all my family were Hammers except my grandad who was Charlton, but I saw the light in 1969 when my dad took me to RH one foggy night.
One of my two sons is a shrimp the other a devout Hammer as is my wife.

As i had no parental guidance (dad hated football) & didn't even know there was a Southend United until I was about 9, I only new about the bigger clubs my friends at school supported, and for some reason I settled on Spurs. But then in senior school I got to know some lads who went to Southend & started tagging along, and the rest is history. I still like Spurs, and I'll confess there have been times when they have been a welcome distraction when we've been awful, but I'm 100% a shrimper including the few times we've played Spurs.

I’m a Southend fan first and prioritise us. Only team I watch live as a must.

I used to have a season ticket at Spurs when I was a kid for a year and still follow them too, but wouldn’t go now.

Primarily, I’m a lower league football fan who enjoys the honest competitive nature of our sport at this level.

I follow my friends team’s results and would go see their teams with them when around too.

Live lower league football is where you’ll find me...

I started going regularly at Roots Hall in the mid sixties and I don't watch any other team live so I guess that makes me a 'Strictly'. my dad was a regular at Spurs so I did go with him sometimes before Southend. Interesting how Spurs have featured quite strongly in this thread as a second team, and I must admit that I do have a soft spot for them and look out for their results more than others.

Yes interesting how much talk there is on here about tottenham.
I to, use to stand up in the shelf as a 14 year old many years ago.
£1.10 to get in and NO steal toe caps allowed.
Plod use to love stamping on your toes to prove that your boots were not steelie's.

aahh. football in those days is now a distant memory.

I now follow the fortunes of Forest Green Rovers because I love their philosophy and what the owner, Dale Vince, stands for. Club built on environmental principles, and fully vegan. Love it.

What is this talk of a different team? I couldnt possibly feel at home sitting in another club's home end. For the last 44years it has to be Southend. Anywhere else just feels wrong.

watched southend play for the first time against Man City in the cup. Think it was about 1956 have been hooked ever since. As reach the evening of my life i cannot even think of supporting another side, even though i have like most gone through more bad days than good.

All this Spurs softiness perhaps explains why their shop in the High Street has not been petrol bombed. A damned disgrace, the west ham shop was vandalised at least five times.

I now follow the fortunes of Forest Green Rovers because I love their philosophy and what the owner, Dale Vince, stands for. Club built on environmental principles, and fully vegan. Love it.

Fully Vegan?... Whats Star Trek got to do with L2 football.

Two things strike me on this thread.

Firstly when I was at school in Southchurch and (even primary school Bournemouth Park) in the late 50s and early sixties the majority supported Southend, but then the wasn't the TV coverage that we get these days.

Secondly regarding supporting other clubs, as has been mentioned we tended to play Friday nights, admission was cheap, and as I worked in London travel to London was cheap. As a result I would often watch matches in London on a Saturday, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, sometimes two or three a week. Sometimes on a Saturday I might travel further afield to get a new ground in. I therefore had preferences for watching other sides, i.e. I quite like going to Arsenal, Chelsea, Charlton and Millwall, but didn't enjoy Tottenham, QPR, Palace etc. In 1968-69 I think I saw Charlton's last six matches of the season, I got quite involved with their failed promotion push at the time I suppose they were my second supported side but only for a short while. Another time I was watching Millwall who in 8 matches, won 3 drew 5 scored 3 conceded 0.

Southend have always been and will be my number one club and town.

Back