• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How much do we want Tilly/Brush to stay?

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Lets sort a few things out here.

Is there a fan of this club anywhere who believes, on balance, that Tilly and Brush have done a poor job?

I seriously doubt it.

In fact, is there a fan who does NOT want Tilly and Brush to remain as the management team?

Again, I doubt it.

So when Tilly and Brush read the Echo, and no doubt when comments from the "fans" on here get passed on, maybe they will think that they will be better off elsewhere. It is obviously becoming an issue at the club, otherwise RM wouldn't have felt moved to make an official statement about it.

Has Tilly signed his deal yet? If not, maybe he's wondering whether he wants to be here for 3 more years!

The fans have the power... if only they knew the good (and bad) that they do.

Lets get behind the team and do OUR bit.

BLUE ARMY!

If Tilson shot off to Southampton and we got lumped with some wild-eyed hoofball merchant from the Conference North, then that would be the time to whinge about the club.

These, my friends, are the golden years we'll be telling our Grandchildren about. Three trips to the Millennium Stadium, a rise from the bottom of L2 to the top of L1, flowing football. Oooh, it gives me tingles.

I think they've done a great job and I want them to stay - that's why I don't criticise them on web forums or write vitriolic letters about them to the local rag.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Dec. 07 2005,11:29)]a rise from the bottom of L2 to the top of L1, flowing football. Oooh, it gives me tingles.
Sounds like Brian Clough with Nottingham Forest all those years ago

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Dec. 07 2005,11:31)]Same could be said of the Webb/Fry era
And look what happened when they disappeared!

Webby had a falling out with Vic and Barry Fry was lured by a bigger challenge and more money.

But Tilly is SUFC through and through. If he feels under pressure now, God help us if we have a bad season!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Dec. 07 2005,11:22)]Lets sort a few things out here.

Is there a fan of this club anywhere who believes, on balance, that Tilly and Brush have done a poor job?

I seriously doubt it.

In fact, is there a fan who does NOT want Tilly and Brush to remain as the management team?

Again, I doubt it.

So when Tilly and Brush read the Echo, and no doubt when comments from the "fans" on here get passed on, maybe they will think that they will be better off elsewhere.  It is obviously becoming an issue at the club, otherwise RM wouldn't have felt moved to make an official statement about it.

Has Tilly signed his deal yet?  If not, maybe he's wondering whether he wants to be here for 3 more years!  

BLUE ARMY!
again well said that man

Precisely Bluebelle. Can you imagine any Forest fans in 1979 giving it the, "Christ, we're so bad. I can't believe we only drew 0-0 with Liverpool in the European Cup. Clough's a liability, he's got no idea what he's doing!"

Tilly and Brush have turned this club around in the last 18mths, amazing i still can't believe it we're up the top of Division One!

We're going to have highs and lows it's football i'm looking forward to the future because it is looking better than it did two years ago. We have the potential to grow as a team and a club that new stadium will come!

I want them both to stay, the team, chairman, majority of old and loyal fans have there approval it's just we now attract a few gloryhunters that  since we got promoted have got on the band bagon and now moan because we've lost a couple of games.

This is britain when you think about it! Change it change it....... Primeminsters, MP's, england managers etc.

Tilly and Brush have my full backing i don't think there is an issue.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave cusaks nose @ Dec. 07 2005,12:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Dec. 07 2005,11:22)]Lets sort a few things out here.

I seriously doubt it.

Again, I doubt it.

So when Tilly and Brush read the Echo, and no doubt when comments from the "fans" on here get passed on, maybe they will think that they will be better off elsewhere.  It is obviously becoming an issue at the club, otherwise RM wouldn't have felt moved to make an official statement about it.

Has Tilly signed his deal yet?  If not, maybe he's wondering whether he wants to be here for 3 more years!  

BLUE ARMY!
again well said that man
Blimey, 2 lots of praise in one day! I am honoured...

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Dec. 07 2005,12:24)]I want him to stay but its going to be interesting how he handles the pressure!
Pressure of the job is one thing, but undue pressure from 'fans' is another. Tilly and Brush's job is pressurised enough. 'We' don't need to be adding to it.

I don't think it's interesting. I think it's a pity, and I'm sure they know things aren't right and they're doing they're best to solve it. Because it doesn't correspond with some 'fans' opinions doesn't mean otherwise.

rock.gif

On November 2003, we just lost 4-0 away to Yeovil (in Dave Webb last game in charge - look after the team while Ron Martin looking for an new manager - most of us wanted Collymore in charge!) which was enough to sink to 2nd from bottom with the worst goal different & only Carlisle kept us off bottom, the days of playing the like Derby & Wolves in Championship look a million miles away, never alone getting promotion to League 1 & an crack at beating Col******r Utd and regain our Essex No1 status. Until Tilson & Brush come along ...... rest is history, what I can say more about the job they are doing.

When I managed Southend on Championship Manager 4, I got them from bottom of 3rd Div (League 2) and led them to 3 trip to Cardiff for 2 cup final and Play-Off final (won 1 LDV & winning the Play-Off) and then to top 6 in 2nd Div (League 1), playing attacking football in just 3 and half years - I used to think "Wish its happen in real life through" when I was used to Rubbish from Little & Newman. When I wish for something in real life, look its come true, Tilson & Brush took just 2 & Half year to get Southend where they are now, compared to taking me 3 & half year on CM4!

Just make the most of our success & you NEVER know what happen around the corner.

Of cause, Tilson & Brush MUST stay
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Dec. 07 2005,11:29)]If Tilson shot off to Southampton
funny you should mention tilly shooting off to southampton. driving on the m27 this morning, and the guy behind me in a convertible bmw looked like tilson. the number plate had t111y in it!

if it was him we should let him off for speeding at 90+mph and talking on mobile without hands free kit!

We're going up with Tilly and Brush!

Any fool on here that says they don't want both of them to stay should be shot and the fans that makes said remarks in letters are not fans. They have no clue about this club and have no intention in the club doing well. They probably want Wignall back in charge and the return of the dark days.

We're lucky to have Tilly and Brush, IMO, the management team that has worked wonders with Southend. This time two years ago, I didn't even think we'd be in the Football League in 2005, let alone in the third tier of it.

Perhaps some of our more vociferous critics would like to offer up a (realistic) better management team than we have already?

what's all this fuss about?i would give tilly and brush a five years contract.they have done an excellent job,beyond any expectations.once the rest of the strikers will start scoring again a play-off finishing could be a possibility.doom and gloom merchants get lost
rock.gif

Back