• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How much do you cost the NHS?

Just got my bill in for the last years medical stuff,medicains,doctors,eye laser ops 9 of and it comes to a grand total of 6,680 euros,bearing in mind that my monthly insulin bill is over 500 euros its really not that bad.
So what do you think your medical bill would be for a year?

Is the laser treatment linked to your diabetes, Mr. Builder? If so I hope that it is and continues to be successful. :)

Is the laser treatment linked to your diabetes, Mr. Builder? If so I hope that it is and continues to be successful. :)

Yep,eyes leaking at the back so have to have them zapped and i really hate having it done but im sure that i would hate being blind more.
That robbing doctor charges 125 a session and does 4/5 in a hour,kerrcning.
Just thought that nearly 7 grand was a great way to bring the french gov down from the inside.
If you have had ops or long term treatment what do you think they cost.?

Yep,eyes leaking at the back so have to have them zapped and i really hate having it done but im sure that i would hate being blind more.
Just thought that nearly 7 grand was a great way to bring the french gov down from the inside.

Is that Diabetic Retinopathy

No its diabetic imatwatopathy because i should have taken care 15 years ago but i knew best,guess what i was very wrong.

Yeah people do that a lot its why they don't visit their docotrs at least once a year ... heres a hint GP's want you to visit them once a year when your healty so they stop as many things form happening to you
(Yes they get paid well but its not per paitent )

No its diabetic imatwatopathy because i should have taken care 15 years ago but i knew best,guess what i was very wrong.

Which makes you no different from the rest of us. It's a good job we live in countries where we can benefit from modern technology like laser treatment.

I have no idea what my hand cost the NHS, except it must have come to over 10 grand at least, what with the surgery, plastic surgery, hospital stay, I do know that the statins I'm on are the most expensive you can get, but as my doctor said when she was discussing it with me:

My colleagues may wonder why I am giving you the most expensive one, but frankly if anything happens to you looking after your family will be a bloody nightmare!*

It is comforting to know that I am worth more alive than dead to my local medical practice. :D

*I am full time carer for my wife, and both my kids are adopted and doing well but still needing a lot of support. If the Social had to take over what I do, it would cost them two arms and a leg.

I pay my National Insurance so don't see why I should even pay pay for my prescriptions.

I have over the years had 3 arthroscopy's on my shoulders, 2 on my knee after tearing Medial ligaments, treatment for a broken leg.

I pay my National Insurance so don't see why I should even pay pay for my prescriptions.

I have over the years had 3 arthroscopy's on my shoulders, 2 on my knee after tearing Medial ligaments, treatment for a broken leg.

The happy residents of N. Ireland and Wales, soon to be joined by those fortunate enough to reside in the land where Haggis roam free, already have free prescriptions. :)

My bill would be zero, but am also in a private health care scheme but do I get a discount on my NI? No course not.

My bill would be zero, but am also in a private health care scheme but do I get a discount on my NI? No course not.

No steveo, you'll just get clobbered with likely higher percentage taxes as reward for doing well for yourself. Add to that the fact that you are less likely to indulge in junk food, smoking and excessive drinking, and more likely to look after yourself by keeping fit etc, it makes progressive taxation seem really fair doesn't it!

No steveo, you'll just get clobbered with likely higher percentage taxes as reward for doing well for yourself. Add to that the fact that you are less likely to indulge in junk food, smoking and excessive drinking, and more likely to look after yourself by keeping fit etc, it makes progressive taxation seem really fair doesn't it!

WEll... had any one had sense to prevent the private health care system becoming such a profitable market then you wouldn't have to have have "done well2 (another vagary like quality that people use to justify their lack of independence or self though, look i work all hours god sends arnt i great , i got lots of pretty things as reward) . Doesn't that contradict the earlier idea that people can just get up and retrain themselves, and lead independent lives, because this sounds like their driven either by fear or external pressure , and im damn sure that's not healthy .

As for the higher workers being more healthy... well your muscular systems are more developed , your cardioid systems are constantly under stress , higher instances of arthritis in later life and a much higher instances of stress related disorders , ulcers, heart failure... . And you just eat drink and smoke the more expensive stuff .

The problem with a quantified fiscal cost of health care is you then have to have a value of a human life . And at some stage everyone will be seen as beyond economic repair.

God forbid if you got hit by a bus tearing down Victoria Avenue but the fact that that you'd have an ambulance called out to you within (hopefully!) minutes, and trained staff to put you back together rather than have paramedics search through your wallet to make sure you have insurance premiums is why the NHS is there. Even the Tory's wouldn't dare touch it.

God forbid if you got hit by a bus tearing down Victoria Avenue but the fact that that you'd have an ambulance called out to you within (hopefully!) minutes, and trained staff to put you back together rather than have paramedics search through your wallet to make sure you have insurance premiums is why the NHS is there. Even the Tory's wouldn't dare touch it.

Fair point MK but say for instance i had a hernia lop and it was quicker to use my Private Healthcare. Shouldn't I then be entitled to some sort of rebate from the NHS as I didn't use their service?
Im not saying the full amount, but if there was a scheme operating like this, it may encourage more people to take out Private Healthcare.

Fair point MK but say for instance i had a hernia lop and it was quicker to use my Private Healthcare. Shouldn't I then be entitled to some sort of rebate from the NHS as I didn't use their service?
Im not saying the full amount, but if there was a scheme operating like this, it may encourage more people to take out Private Healthcare.

But private healthcare is already massively subsidised by the NHS training the Doctors in the first place.

WEll... had any one had sense to prevent the private health care system becoming such a profitable market then you wouldn't have to have have "done well2 (another vagary like quality that people use to justify their lack of independence or self though, look i work all hours god sends arnt i great , i got lots of pretty things as reward) . Doesn't that contradict the earlier idea that people can just get up and retrain themselves, and lead independent lives, because this sounds like their driven either by fear or external pressure , and im damn sure that's not healthy .

As for the higher workers being more healthy... well your muscular systems are more developed , your cardioid systems are constantly under stress , higher instances of arthritis in later life and a much higher instances of stress related disorders , ulcers, heart failure... . And you just eat drink and smoke the more expensive stuff .

The problem with a quantified fiscal cost of health care is you then have to have a value of a human life . And at some stage everyone will be seen as beyond economic repair.
when you contribute to your beloved welfare state you can contribute to this thread.

when you contribute to your beloved welfare state you can contribute to this thread.

BLess you mono syntactic responses are not your forte (Oscar Wilde you are glad you not ).

19 years have I and still am as my NI is being paid . Bad accountant using badly formed assumption for facts ... would say thats my job ... but ha you know we lefties /liberals believing in teh individual and inalienable rights of the individuals to found and form themselves into what ever they wish (thats how people who run businesses and get the economy (well and not alot else really )) do it ) .. cant blame them its what their good at what they do ... just that next bit where they think thast the totalitiey of exisitance and whoever isnt the same as them is worthless ... which is funny becuase their sense of ethics and values stem from the same places . Odd that you think they stopped thinking ? ... just got complacent ? Change is the only stability.

Never stop thinking its very bad for your health :D

Ahh, that's the only advantage of living in a land where the sheep are frightened. I don't have to pay any prescription charges.

However, having seen the system working I do believe that they should introduce a nominal fee of say £1 per item (long term prescriptions would still be free though) to stop people going to the docs for a bottle of paracetamol.

I've cost the NHS a small fortune through self inflicted bodily frailties. I will never, ever have a bad word to say, in the many visits that I've made to the local hospitals they've been brilliant, kind and doing a great service that the three figure deduction every month from my pay packet goes toward.

The only thing that grates me is paying for a prescription, woeful.

Back